Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Closed or Claim Fixed

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
dfischler
Bat Boy

Patch is demo???

This is complicated. I have a new computer (MacBook), and wanted to move my OOTP9 from my old iMac (I don't have a CD, I downloaded it from the Net). So I copied it to a CD, and then on to the laptop. When I went to open it, I got a message that the crashed-on-startup flag was up, and that I should restart. I kept getting the same message, so I went to the forum and found the 9.2 patch.

I installed it, and no longer get the error message. However, I'm now told that my version is a demo! What do I do to get my original version back and working?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #2
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

You can download a fresh copy of the game from here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-released.html

However, if you haven't yet put your license code into your new computer, OOTP has no way of knowing that you purchased the game.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
dfischler
Bat Boy

Quote:
However, if you haven't yet put your license code into your new computer, OOTP has no way of knowing that you purchased the game.
Thanks for the help. But I'm confused. How do I put the license code into the new computer? There's no button in the program that asks for it, nor can I find anything else that indicates where to put it?
Old 03-03-2009, 11:05 PM   #4
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

On the Mac, I'm not 100% sure. On PC, when you run ootp9.exe, it pops up a window before starting the game that has a button to press.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
dfischler
Bat Boy

Unfortunately, in the Mac version that isn't the case. Is there somewhere else to look for that?
Old 03-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #6
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

I dunno. Maybe you already licensed it? You don't see this? OOTP Baseball Manual - Installing Your License

Maybe copying and pasting the game files messed you up. You might want to try deleting all of your non-saved game files and reinstall fresh.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

As the original poster has not responded to this thread in five days, this thread will be closed for housekeeping reasons. If you need any further assistance with this matter whatsoever, please don't hesitate to post a link to this thread in Tech Support and we will be happy to continue to help you. Thanks.
Closed Thread