Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 02-24-2020, 10:29 PM   #1
mjcarr74
Major Leagues

Audio mods

I have already started to get audio for ballparks homeruns ect...I usually get the live version because i think it sounds more realistic during game this could be a nice project for Historical and present ballparks.
mjcarr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:39 PM   #2
mjcarr74
Major Leagues

EXAMPLE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge4y9p2kims
Old 02-24-2020, 10:41 PM   #3
mjcarr74
Major Leagues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F14TqtxLir8 HERE IS CITI FIELD
Old 02-24-2020, 10:44 PM   #4
mjcarr74
Major Leagues

There is alot there in those vids
Old 03-13-2020, 01:21 PM   #5
brettrankin
Minors (Single A)

You know someone will include the trash cans being banged in Houston as part of the ambient noises. And I will find it hilarious.
brettrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 04:15 PM   #6
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettrankin View Post
You know someone will include the trash cans being banged in Houston as part of the ambient noises. And I will find it hilarious.
Don't forget Chief Wahhoo drum beating in left field in cleveland
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:16 AM   #7
zbisgr8
Bat Boy

So after 10 years of mlb the show and thanks to the stale franchise mode, i have finally made it over to ootpb for my first time this season. Soo being brand new to this game, just wondering how mods go, will someone release a zip file that contains the custom sounds and i can just drag and upload the sounds or will i have to go in and manually insert each sound clip? is there a tutorial video for these types of mods?

Thanks,
zbisgr8
zbisgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 12:12 PM   #8
micropterus58
All Star Starter

You can edit existing sound files. You can replace if wanted. You can also add more sound files. The sound files are in Z:\OOTP Baseball 20\data\sounds for OOTP 20. OOTP uses OGG files. Previous versions used WAV. I think both can still be used.
1) adding files: if you want to add a new file save it as the next number in succession. For example a new ambient file would be ambient10.ogg and a new rally as rally26.ogg.
2) players can have their name announced. You can also make walkup music. For example you would create bart simpson.ogg and this could be played during the game but not necessarily at the beginning of his at bat.
3) to edit or create sound files see this post by Bobble. https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...ghlight=bobble
4) Audacity can be used to edit and export to OGG format. It's free. https://www.audacityteam.org/
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 03:49 PM   #9
itsmb8
All Star Starter

On the OperationSports The Show forum, each year a couple guys make huge packs of audio files for The Show. Some files would need to be split into seperate files (walkup songs) but those can definitely be used for OOTP as well.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 03:58 PM   #10
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

For anyone interested, new this year that player walk-up songs can be named based on bbref ids (troutmi01 or pearso000nat for example). They are played when the person is at the plate (they're not technically used as a walk-up song, as they'll start to play when you start watching the pitch).

Also, as mentioned in the features list, you can also override any of the current sound files for a specific park by having a subfolder in the data/sounds folder and following the default naming conventions. We have also added an "extra" category, which will be mixed in with the current ambient (ie. vendor) sounds, if you want to add a specific sound for a park without copying the entire general category for the park (that does NOT work for any of the other categories - if you want a park-specific strike 3 call, for example, having anything in the folder for the park for that will only play those files, not any of the base game sounds).

All this happens just by having files in the correct directory named correctly, and the game will simply read the files the next time it starts up and play files accordingly.

You can also use both ogg or wav files, but the game only ships with OGG files for space reasons.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote