Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-03-2019, 06:14 PM   #1
da commish
All Star Reserve

Historical packs no longer available?

I thought the historical packs would be available through December 3, per this from Markus announcement: "We have just launched the brand new Historical Packs! This is a special offer during our Autumn Sale, which lasts until December 3." I just went into PT to buy some but they are no longer there. The 15,000 Diamond packs are still available. What happened?

Last edited by da commish; 12-03-2019 at 06:16 PM.
da commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:23 PM   #2
da commish
All Star Reserve

And now when I go in to buy 175,000 Perfect Points, the Special Offer is still shown to get them for $59.99 - but when I click "Buy Now" it takes me to the payment screen where it says they are $99.99. What happened here? Did the offer for this and Historical Packs end early?

Old 12-03-2019, 06:33 PM   #3
dman7666
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yeah I went to buy the PP points and the buy screen still listed the price as 59.99 and when I went to purchase it said 99.99. I hit buy figuring that the discount would be applied at time of purchase but instead I was charged for the full 99.99 plus tax. Apparently, the sale ended but the price on the point screen has not changed. I am more than a little pissed about this.
dman7666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:35 PM   #4
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da commish View Post
I thought the historical packs would be available through December 3, per this from Markus announcement: "We have just launched the brand new Historical Packs! This is a special offer during our Autumn Sale, which lasts until December 3." I just went into PT to buy some but they are no longer there. The 15,000 Diamond packs are still available. What happened?
Keywords are bolded.

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:52 PM   #5
da commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchthedamnball View Post
Keywords are bolded.
So why would it still say 175,000 Perfect Points are $59.99 and why would the Diamond packs still be shown for 15,000 PP?

Last edited by da commish; 12-03-2019 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:10 PM   #6
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

I heard on the twitch stream last night that the PP sale and historical pack access was to last until 1pm Eastern time today. I never heard a reasoning behind that specific time.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:12 PM   #7
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And now when I go in to buy 175,000 Perfect Points, the Special Offer is still shown to get them for $59.99 - but when I click "Buy Now" it takes me to the payment screen where it says they are $99.99. What happened here? Did the offer for this and Historical Packs end early?
Was really hoping sale was extended till payday.

There always tends to be a special in an off pay week?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:14 PM   #8
dman7666
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
So why would it still say 175,000 Perfect Points are $59.99 and why would the Diamond packs still be shown for 15,000 PP?
That's the source of my frustration. If the website is listing a price for a given amount then it should be that price. Does anyone know how to contact customer service? If I had known that I was paying full price price for the transaction I wouldn't have gone through with it.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:53 PM   #9
da commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyKarkovice View Post
I heard on the twitch stream last night that the PP sale and historical pack access was to last until 1pm Eastern time today. I never heard a reasoning behind that specific time.
If so, one would think that the offers would be changed in the PT game so you wouldn't think that they were still available. That's a pretty odd time. Is it when the international date line turns over to December 4?

Old 12-03-2019, 09:12 PM   #10
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman7666 View Post
That's the source of my frustration. If the website is listing a price for a given amount then it should be that price. Does anyone know how to contact customer service? If I had known that I was paying full price price for the transaction I wouldn't have gone through with it.
File a ticket (see 1st post in PT Bugs Report Forum). Doubt you get a refund, but maybe they will add $30 worth of points. You probably logged on while the sale price was still available, but your game will not change after the offer expires until you log out and log in again.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:22 PM   #11
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
You probably logged on while the sale price was still available, but your game will not change after the offer expires until you log out and log in again.
I just logged on for the first time today and am still seeing the "SPECIAL OFFER!" label and pricing plastered everywhere.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:14 PM   #12
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
I just logged on for the first time today and am still seeing the "SPECIAL OFFER!" label and pricing plastered everywhere.
same here... I just closed the program and relaunched it and it still shows the discount prices.... if the sale is done, that really needs to be updated
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:20 AM   #13
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Sorry guys, the sale ended yesterday at 1 PM ET and for some weird technical reason the prices were not updated in the in-game display (they were in the shop though). This is fixed now.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:22 AM   #14
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Diamond packs will stay around for a little bit longer, though
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:10 AM   #15
dman7666
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Sorry guys, the sale ended yesterday at 1 PM ET and for some weird technical reason the prices were not updated in the in-game display (they were in the shop though). This is fixed now.
Markus, while I appreciate the apology, the fact that the prices did not update in the game display but were updated in the shop led me to make a purchase of 99.99 that I fully expected to be 59.99. I would like to know the proper way to seek redress for this situation, please advise.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:26 AM   #16
da commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Why 1 PM ET and why was this not spelled out in the displays? If you say "December 3" one would think it would go through the end of the day and not stop in the middle of the day ET.

Old 12-04-2019, 02:33 PM   #17
dman7666
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman7666 View Post
Markus, while I appreciate the apology, the fact that the prices did not update in the game display but were updated in the shop led me to make a purchase of 99.99 that I fully expected to be 59.99. I would like to know the proper way to seek redress for this situation, please advise.
Marcus, just to let you I have received an email from a member of the support staff stating they are working on the issue. I appreciate the rapid response from Team OOTP and am hopeful that this glitch can be resolved swiftly and satisfactorily. Thanks for creating a game that has been so fun to play. Regards, Steve
Old 12-04-2019, 03:15 PM   #18
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyKarkovice View Post
I'd guess because the Steam sale stopped at 1pm est?

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:23 AM   #19
Hertston
Major Leagues

Obviously the sale had to end (and I assume that was coordinated with Steam), but I don't get why the Diamond and now historical packs aren't permanent fixtures anyway? It's not as is either offers a particularly good deal ahead of regular packs. I have one team that's purely historic, but I still assessed the pack as having too lousy a PP/reward ratio to bother. That's just me though, clearly others want them. Or if they don't, the packs are too expensive.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:28 AM   #20
Semtextual
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hertston View Post
Obviously the sale had to end (and I assume that was coordinated with Steam), but I don't get why the Diamond and now historical packs aren't permanent fixtures anyway? It's not as is either offers a particularly good deal ahead of regular packs. I have one team that's purely historic, but I still assessed the pack as having too lousy a PP/reward ratio to bother. That's just me though, clearly others want them. Or if they don't, the packs are too expensive.
Clearly they think they will sell more in the long run by having these "special offers".
Semtextual is offline   Reply With Quote