Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-06-2019, 05:34 PM   #1
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Rollie Fingers 100 card

Did anyone get that card yet? I am wondering how long it will take to drop.
HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:45 AM   #2
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

You'll know it when someone pulls it.

"What was that whahoo I just heard?"

I predict it takes place in the last week before '21 releases, tho.

That's how my luck operates, anyway.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:10 PM   #3
bailey
Hall Of Famer

The first Valentine dropped, can't wait to buy it.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 507
Size:  19.7 KB

The market for Sandoval is finally starting to crack, in the face of a multitude of beggars, er…. sellers.

Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 551
Size:  175.1 KB
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:50 PM   #4
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Looks like we've got a Rollie on the market now. Not the first, since it has a history with 275K average winning bid.

Asking price of 275/300 seems high since it's the fifth-best RP card on the market (behind Rivera/Smith/Eckersley/Hoffman), but the newness of the card plays into that, I'm sure...
Old 11-10-2019, 05:42 PM   #5
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

I just don't get it.

I have never pulled a historical legend over 90 in a card pack. I have never pulled an over 85 negro league card. Actually, I think I may have pulled one all time. I have pulled a few MLB Live 100s. 5 maybe. A couple Trouts I know. No other 100s; ever. I cannot remember a pull with a player not a live card over 95 (goose is 93).

It feels like cards are being put on AH that aren't real pulls.

I cannot be this unlucky. I've been playing since we started leagues; 3 teams. I have opened so many packs; 1000+ maybe. Easy.

So this is the Rollie card as I see in AH. Not my card, I didn't pull it. I just don't see that large a community that all these superstar cards are bering pulled.

And this is my opinion. I can be wrong. My team is built from PP and AH. Nothing more.

Anyone else feel that way, or are there really that many packs being opened up that all these great cards are dropping. If that is the case, then the creators of this game and not multi-millionaire in real money.
Attached Images
Old 11-10-2019, 06:12 PM   #6
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
I just don't get it.

I have never pulled a historical legend over 90 in a card pack. I have never pulled an over 85 negro league card. Actually, I think I may have pulled one all time. I have pulled a few MLB Live 100s. 5 maybe. A couple Trouts I know. No other 100s; ever. I cannot remember a pull with a player not a live card over 95 (goose is 93).

I cannot be this unlucky. I've been playing since we started leagues; 3 teams. I have opened so many packs; 1000+ maybe. Easy.

So this is the Rollie card as I see in AH. Not my card, I didn't pull it. I just don't see that large a community that all these superstar cards are bering pulled.

And this is my opinion. I can be wrong. My team is built from PP and AH. Nothing more.

Anyone else feel that way, or are there really that many packs being opened up that all these great cards are dropping. If that is the case, then the creators of this game and not multi-millionaire in real money.
I play one team in PT2.0. FTP, combination of packs and AH to complete missions. I would say I only open a below-average amount of packs.

I've pulled 3 perfects so far: All-Star Trout, Live deGrom, and Live Cole.
I've pulled 93OVR Peak Bagwell.
I've pulled a few other historical diamonds, though not historical legends (99OVR Andrew Miller, 90OVR Mark Wohlers, 96OVR Greg Holland, 91OVR Deion Sanders, 90OVR Manny Ramirez).
I have never pulled a Negro League card of any sort.

Personally, I think there's enough players for all the good cards on the AH, especially considering there are some who just like dumping money on packs.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report

Last edited by Izz; 11-10-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:16 PM   #7
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I pulled a perfect Clemens this year.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:37 PM   #8
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:

There are people out there opening wayyyy more packs than you are. I just passed 5000 packs myself and wouldn't even consider myself among the top pack openers. And while I haven't pulled any of the 500K and up cards, I have done OK (95 Satchel Paige, 99 Stan Coveleski, 100 Tom Seaver, 100 Christy Mathewson, 99 Yogi Berra, 100 Barry Bonds, 100 Cal Ripken Jr., and a host of LIVE 100's including about 7 Max Scherzers). There are guys just constantly opening packs and showing off their pulls in the Discord chat. It doesn't surprise me that you haven't pulled anything top shelf out of "only" 1000 packs. Technically that's only 6 perfect cards (1:1000 cards) you are "owed" and only ~2 of those would be historicals.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 11-10-2019 at 06:39 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:12 PM   #9
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
There are people out there opening wayyyy more packs than you are. I just passed 5000 packs myself and wouldn't even consider myself among the top pack openers. And while I haven't pulled any of the 500K and up cards, I have done OK (95 Satchel Paige, 99 Stan Coveleski, 100 Tom Seaver, 100 Christy Mathewson, 99 Yogi Berra, 100 Barry Bonds, 100 Cal Ripken Jr., and a host of LIVE 100's including about 7 Max Scherzers). There are guys just constantly opening packs and showing off their pulls in the Discord chat. It doesn't surprise me that you haven't pulled anything top shelf out of "only" 1000 packs. Technically that's only 6 perfect cards (1:1000 cards) you are "owed" and only ~2 of those would be historicals.
5 perfects, actually, since 1000 packs have 5000 non-guaranteed bronze cards. In other words, the same number OP says he's pulled. Just a little unlucky on live/historical breakdown.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:25 PM   #10
steamrollers
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I just don't get it.

There are certainly some people out there opening an absurd amount of standard packs but I would be lying if the thought you have didn’t cross my mind from time to time. Just be happy you have actually pulled Live perfects before. I have never pulled a single perfect card and really nothing of major value. I think I have pulled one card ever that would sell for over 25k. Of course it’s frustrating seeing the AH and massive pulls people get and knowing we are “owed” several perfects to even get close to what the percentages say we should be getting. But a lot of those are from people ripping a huge amount of packs all the time while there are others that just have insane luck getting huge pulls all the time. I imagine people who have similar lousy pack luck like me simply won’t fork over any money for PP for future versions and will just do F2P. There is absolutely no incentive to pay for packs when you are pulling well below the “average” on perfects, diamonds, golds and silver. I do pull a solid average on bronze cards.
steamrollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:52 PM   #11
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamrollers View Post
Of course it’s frustrating seeing the AH and massive pulls people get and knowing we are “owed” several perfects to even get close to what the percentages say we should be getting.

First rule of gamblers (card pack pullers included): All gamblers lie.

Probably not even intentionally, they simply inflate how many "bad" cards they've pulled, and when the next pack produces nothing (as expected), confirmation bias does the rest.

1000 standard packs (5000 random cards, 1000 bronzes) produce ZERO perfect cards 0.6% of the time. (1 or more 99.3%, 2 or more 96.0%, 3 or more 87.5%, etc.)

But the odds with 100 packs, are very, very much worse than people assume. 100 packs, 500 random cards will produce ZERO perfect cards better than one time in three (.39362).

A non-trivial complete failure rate. Confirmation bias just screams "I never get anything, deck must be rigged."

Lottery addicts are the worst liars of all. Heh.

In the mean time, I'm tied 1 game each in a 7 game series...

Standard binomial. :shrug: A guy who claims to have pulled six perfects in 100 packs is (William of Ockham says) lying. If you're curious, he's not lying p=.00001381247

Last edited by Lemandria; 11-10-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:10 PM   #12
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemandria View Post
First rule of gamblers (card pack pullers included):

1000 standard packs (5000 random cards, 1000 bronzes) produce ZERO perfect cards 0.6% of the time. (1 or more 99.3%, 2 or more 96.0%, 3 or more 87.5%, etc.)
How many packs are pulled each day. 10,000 packs? How many perfects from those?

How many of those would make the AH?

Looking at the Rollie. That seems to be the first Rollie in AH... and has a proper AH PP value. How?

---

Now more on the conspiracy.

Rollie Fingers is the NEWEST most EPIC Card
Everyone needs relief pitchers
Cards that have been used do not lock to your team.
Card had to be pulled in the last 72 hours

Why would it go to AH that fast, at perfect market value?
Old 11-10-2019, 10:20 PM   #13
atabakin
All Star Reserve

It's obviously not the first Rollie if there are historical auction values.

The developers have said repeatedly they do not seed the auction house. So if you want to call them liars, good luck with that
Old 11-10-2019, 10:24 PM   #14
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I don't really know what you are saying with all those words.

Someone way overpaid to get a new card or because they are a big fan of dank mustaches. There has probably been one sold and now this one available. The Fingers is slightly worse than perfect Smith/Eckersley who trade around 150K and basically the same as SE Hoffman who is around 120K.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:36 AM   #15
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
It's obviously not the first Rollie if there are historical auction values.

The developers have said repeatedly they do not seed the auction house. So if you want to call them liars, good luck with that
No, more someone able to hack somehow.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:35 PM   #16
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The hack is to buy points and use them to open packs. There must be millions opened so far.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 04:24 PM   #17
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
The hack is to buy points and use them to open packs. There must be millions opened so far.
I admit that I have used this exploit myself. However, there is a bug that results in my packs yielding only a bronze card and five live irons, so I stopped using the exploit.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 05:32 PM   #18
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
These conspiracy theories have been addressed multiple times and are just that, theories. Ridiculous ones at that

No, we do not artificially put cards on the AH
No, no one has hacked the game to give themselves packs or cards.

Maybe, just maybe, some people have pulled Rollie and are, I dunno, using them on their team because he is a good card instead of selling it...

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #19
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jardine View Post
These conspiracy theories have been addressed multiple times and are just that, theories. Ridiculous ones at that

No, we do not artificially put cards on the AH
No, no one has hacked the game to give themselves packs or cards.

Maybe, just maybe, some people have pulled Rollie and are, I dunno, using them on their team because he is a good card instead of selling it...
I have the card and never pulled him of packs.... there's a simple way of getting the player buy buying it of the AH....

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 05:58 PM   #20
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Did anyone get that card yet? I am wondering how long it will take to drop.
I got one. It's pretty dominant, but his 96 is really good too & both are in Perfect leagues
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote