Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:22 AM   #1
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Custom Logos Not Loading

I am having trouble getting OOTP to load my custom logos, and for some reason it is just using the stock licensed logos which were shipped with OOTP instead.

This happens even if I empty the logos folder and put my own in instead. Upon league creation...it's still the MLB licensed logos. Does anyone know what's going on here?
PSUColonel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:27 AM   #2
Shoeless' Socks
Minors (Double A)

I have been too. I don't want to sound to overly critical, but my after a month or so take of '19 is that its like a shiny fancy car but once you look under the hood for a bit you begin to see... warts.

A TON of stuff is worse than before.
Shoeless' Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:52 AM   #3
kryakyu12
Major Leagues

I haven't had any problems. I will note that I have my custom logos in a separate folder, and that I pointed my (fictional) league to that folder during setup (in Advanced Options?). I do also often use the "Reset All Team Logos" function in the Players and Facegen tab, as I find that more robust in picking correct colors for teams when I change their names. However IIRC the initial teams all got the logos I wanted them to have.

Cheers,
-kr-

EDIT: I just created a game, renamed one of the teams the Baltimore Orioles and went to select a new logo. The default chosen was the MLB logo, but I was able to select the orioles 'generic' logo from the logos/nicknames folder, and it seemed to stay that way when I exited and reloaded the game. I suspect that if I run the logo reset function it will go back to the MLB logo.

-kr-

Last edited by kryakyu12; 04-29-2018 at 11:04 AM.
kryakyu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:48 PM   #4
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Well something isn’t right. I am still using real teams and logos...but I want to use my logos instead of the ones which shipped with the game. I can still seem to do this if I go into each team individually and then load what I want, but this is way too time consuming. In the past all you had to do was put the logos you wanted into the “logo” folder and then create your league.

What am I missing here?
Old 04-29-2018, 02:11 PM   #5
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Well something isn’t right. I am still using real teams and logos...but I want to use my logos instead of the ones which shipped with the game. I can still seem to do this if I go into each team individually and then load what I want, but this is way too time consuming. In the past all you had to do was put the logos you wanted into the “logo” folder and then create your league.

What am I missing here?
Hmmm...Have you tried keeping your custom logos in a separate folder, labeled "custom logos" or something like that (anything but logos obviously), and importing them into your game from that folder? I use MLB Compiled 1901-2011 for my logos, jerseys, and ballcaps, and it works very well, but I keep it separate from the logos folder, and I use the "Lock team logos & textures (prevents auto-update when game is loaded)" on each team's colours, logos, and uniforms page, so that the game doesn't decide to remove my efforts in the blink of an eye.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:17 PM   #6
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Hmmm...Have you tried keeping your custom logos in a separate folder, labeled "custom logos" or something like that (anything but logos obviously), and importing them into your game from that folder? I use MLB Compiled 1901-2011 for my logos, jerseys, and ballcaps, and it works very well, but I keep it separate from the logos folder, and I use the "Lock team logos & textures (prevents auto-update when game is loaded)" on each team's colours, logos, and uniforms page, so that the game doesn't decide to remove my efforts in the blink of an eye.

How exactly can I do this?
Old 04-29-2018, 02:34 PM   #7
kryakyu12
Major Leagues

Quote:
You should be able to do the following:
* create a new folder somewhere, ie: My Documents\customlogos
* copy all the logos you want into that folder
* in your game, go to "League Options" -> "Database"
* on the line that says "This league uses the logo folder..." click the EDIT button
* navigate to the folder where you put your custom logos and click "Select" ('My Documents' might be in the favorites dropdown? Otherwise you should be able to use up, etc)

Now the line should report that you are using a custom logo folder. From there you should be able to use the "Reset all Team Logos" and have the right logos picked.

Hope this helps,
-kr-
Old 04-29-2018, 02:41 PM   #8
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

are you sure it's League Options? This seems to be where you edit awards, schedules etc..

EDIT: OK I see it now

Last edited by PSUColonel; 04-29-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 02:50 PM   #9
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Ok I tried this...but the game is hellbent on using the default logos shipped with the game...something isn't right.

Edit: ok I forgot to use "reset all team logos"...where is this located?

Last edited by PSUColonel; 04-29-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:16 PM   #10
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Not seeing any function to "reset all team logos" within the "League Settings -> "Database" section.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #11
kryakyu12
Major Leagues

Quote:
Not seeing any function to "reset all team logos" within the "League Settings -> "Database" section.
Check "Settings" -> "Players and Facegen", should be well down on the right-hand column under the "Team Picture Functions".

Cheers,
-kr-
Old 04-29-2018, 04:08 PM   #12
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
I have my logos in my a saved games folder under logos.
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:01 PM   #13
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

when you first load, there's a check box to re-check or re-load logos and such.

it may also be in the game, but not sure if it's a league-wide or per team.

shoeless: some people won't like hearing it, but this is a normal process each year.

(by that i mean some are in denial about it, not your complaint - i agree it's valid to a point, but not a catastrophe by any means. some will say it works well on release date each year. in some ways it's true, if you don't run into things relative to how they play.)

i'm still playing ootp18 i get frustrated, otherwise. no biggie.. i just wait until ~june, give or take, each year. think ~3 years ago it wasn't until around late july it was good to go relative to what i expect out of a game/app (not shared by all, just an opinion)

i do dabble with the real mlb for a few seasons during this time.. at this exact moment i don't even have a '19 league in the saved game folder. i did at one time. it wasn't deleted due to problems, just was done with that iteration.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:02 PM   #14
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I manually import them on the first day of each offseason from the secondary folder (not the logos folder that comes with the game, but a different folder that I have installed in the OOTP Baseball 19 folder). You may or may not wish to do this and may prefer to have them come in automagically, but it looks like that's not working at this time. I do it manually and make sure the "Lock team logos & textures" box is checked for each team on each team's colours, logos, and uniforms page in the game. I don't know how complicated your league is. Some folks have huuuge, unwieldy leagues that this suggestion would not be appropriate for, but if your league is small enough, it's worth it.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:14 PM   #15
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
when you first load, there's a check box to re-check or re-load logos and such.

it may also be in the game, but not sure if it's a league-wide or per team.

shoeless: some people won't like hearing it, but this is a normal process each year.

(by that i mean some are in denial about it, not your complaint - i agree it's valid to a point, but not a catastrophe by any means. some will say it works well on release date each year. in some ways it's true, if you don't run into things relative to how they play.)

i'm still playing ootp18 i get frustrated, otherwise. no biggie.. i just wait until ~june, give or take, each year. think ~3 years ago it wasn't until around late july it was good to go relative to what i expect out of a game/app (not shared by all, just an opinion)

i do dabble with the real mlb for a few seasons during this time.. at this exact moment i don't even have a '19 league in the saved game folder. i did at one time. it wasn't deleted due to problems, just was done with that iteration.

I am aware of the checkbox...but it wasn’t working which leads me to believe something is wrong...the method of changing the folder does work however.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:58 PM   #16
doors11
All Star Reserve

sometimes you just have to start the game as run as admin to get some of the custom stuff to work
doors11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:14 PM   #17
Gige56
Minors (Single A)

I have been trying to import logos into the game. Must they be saved in a particular file format or is there a way to overwrite the OI formatted pictures?
Old 07-11-2019, 07:07 PM   #18
Rosin_Bags
Bat Boy

I'm a newbie, but here is what I've found out;
I too have DLd custom .png files to use as logos, and I found that if you dont't make all upper case letters to lower case, it wouldn't work for me. I hope this helps. Any thing you DL to the "customlogo" folder will have to be lower case when you copy it to OOTP logo folder.

Last edited by Rosin_Bags; 07-11-2019 at 07:10 PM. Reason: trying to figure out how to BOLD.
Rosin_Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:17 PM   #19
stevem810
All Star Starter

I'd prefer to see the company focus more on logo's, auto update of players and their uni's, ease of getting on-line league logo's, uni's, caps, etc., as too many of us spend an inordinate amount of time trying to get these to work. Maybe put the 'new' stuff on the back burner and work out some of these issues would be greatly appreciated. I like spending my game time on 'the game', not the technical issues.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote