Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:52 PM   #1
swoboda
All Star Starter

Tourney Tales....

Loving the new feature, set up an 8 team tournament of WS champs including all time greats like the 27 Yankees and the 29 Philadelphia A's, and of course my faves the 69 and 86 Mets.

Winner without working up a sweat was the 76 Reds.

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:37 AM   #2
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

I'm setting up a tourney with all world series winners according to era. Deadball era etc.. the two final teams from each era will then play in a final tourney to determine best team of all time.. something like that.. have some tweaks to make before starting.. Any thoughts or advice or ideas..?
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:38 AM   #3
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

How about one that includes all World Series Teams up intill last Year's Teams and full Minor League Teams? Post a copy of it?
Old 07-04-2018, 10:46 AM   #4
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Here's how I think I am going to set this up.. Might do it different in the future but gonna do this
1. If I do NL and AL winners from 1903 and place 8 consecutive years in each tourney, the final two teams make it to the next round. The 16 teams works out perfectly including 2017. 16 teams will also allow for a double elimination.
After that is done I will have 28 teams in the second round, and the third round will yield the final 14 teams. I'll do those final 14 to Crown the Greatest All time team
That's my plan for now anyway
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:50 PM   #5
daves
Hall Of Famer

This is definitely a worthwhile addition. Been wanting to do this for quite some time.

Of course I might still find something wrong with it like many of us users do?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:07 PM   #6
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
This is definitely a worthwhile addition. Been wanting to do this for quite some time.

Of course I might still find something wrong with it like many of us users do?
Love the setup and options.

The initial problem is the default setup. I like all teams to have a 4 man rotation not 5 as the default. Not sure how teams are ranked?

Also, How do you save the tournament?

But love this addition!!

Last edited by daves; 07-04-2018 at 01:13 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:35 PM   #7
glenmere14
Minors (Triple A)

Love this addition.

Any chance for an auto fill with random teams? Be great to keep filling up 64 team tourneys and seeing the various match ups.

Just did an 8 team tournament - took four Mets teams and four Yankees teams, one from each era. 1998 Yankees breezed through, beating 2000 Mets in final.
glenmere14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 07:45 PM   #8
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

I was thinking about a HUGE endeavor. Every Season has a Tourney, then all the Season Tourney Champs have a Tourney(s) Until you get down to a final 64 teams for the ALL-TIME MLB Champs Tourney. That should only take about a year to complete LOL
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:41 PM   #9
swoboda
All Star Starter

Small sample size but after simming half a dozen of these I'm finding post 1960 teams doing better than older all time great teams. I've been going with modern era of play so far. Has anyone else found that the era of play setting makes a big difference with respect to outcome ?

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #10
ynkefan23
Minors (Rookie Ball)

tourney

I have been doing a tourney of ALL Yankees WS Teams. Now in QTR finals (a best of 7 with some surprises)

Matchups are
27 vs. 43 (43 beat 28)

32 vs. 61

78 vs. 96

36 vs. 77

when done i have already structured a 113 team tournament of EVERY WS Champion. Seeded from an old article I found with rankings. going to do best of 5 until down to 32 teams then best of 7.
ynkefan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:21 AM   #11
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Love the setup and options.

The initial problem is the default setup. I like all teams to have a 4 man rotation not 5 as the default. Not sure how teams are ranked?

Also, How do you save the tournament?

But love this addition!!
The tournament mode feels incomplete to me. I don't see where you can view leader board stats, you can't save ( the game does it auto), you can't edit unis or parks. The concept is great, just doesn't feel finished., Now, you can open up the .lg file that's auto created and go into playoff mode and be able to access more features but then that file loses the tournament status and you can only play in playoff mode. Actually, playoff mode seems to be a better way to play tournaments anyway, for now.
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:28 AM   #12
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoboda View Post
Small sample size but after simming half a dozen of these I'm finding post 1960 teams doing better than older all time great teams. I've been going with modern era of play so far. Has anyone else found that the era of play setting makes a big difference with respect to outcome ?
I've noticed this too, also with a small sample size. I'm simming now with the era set in the 80's . Around 82 to 86 depending on what teams are involved. Plus I'm leaving the DH on so it's even across time and injuries off.

Like you avatar!!
Old 07-19-2018, 10:53 AM   #13
ynkefan23
Minors (Rookie Ball)

tourney

do you guys have issues? I started an 8 team tourney but it only lets me play the 1st series. It forces me to sim the others. I want to PLAY them all.
ynkefan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 12:22 PM   #14
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkefan23 View Post
do you guys have issues? I started an 8 team tourney but it only lets me play the 1st series. It forces me to sim the others. I want to PLAY them all.
When a series ends you have to advance to the start day of the next series before the play/simulate buttons pop up under the playball tab. I'm not having issues, yet!

Last edited by crawdad5000; 07-27-2018 at 12:28 PM.