Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:07 PM   #81
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I'm guessing you have storylines enabled. At least that sounds like a storyline.
Definitely storylines. If you don't like this kind of thing Edster007, I recommend turning them off. Game > Game Settings > Global Settings > Storylines

Uncheck that box if you don't want this to happen again.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:32 AM   #82
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has played the RD in sections.
IE start first with say players from 1993-2017, then when there are no more real players generated go to 1966-1992 for example. Just get players from an era until there are no more, then switch eras.

If so, were there any problems when making the switch.
Thinking about trying it this way, to sort of have an historical feel to it, but still be totally random in the players coming in.
Thanks
I think it is really worth trying. I have a thread running -well walking right now as I haven't had time to update it - about a league where the players are from 1901-1960, we start in 1947 but the historical year standards are 1978. I plan to introduce players from 1960-1970 at some point, and then on up through the years if I maintain interest.

More recently, I just started a league of players form only 1960-2010, and would like to do the opposite - starting eventually after many seasons to introduce players from the 50s etc.

But starting more strictly is also really interesting: on the one hand it has a realistic feel - players from say only 1940-50, who would often have played against each other anyway but this time with different time frames and perhaps a different historical year, so you add an element of unpredictability. Then slowly advance or go backwards, or first one, then the other.

One of the other leagues (I know guys, I have failed to keep up with it as the stats got a little out of hand, but I may get back to it) that I had running through maybe 22 seasons from 1901 using players from 1901 to 2017 but with I think 1986 as the historical year had Frank Robinson set the all-time HR record with something over 500, and Clayton Kershaw set every pitching record. Babe Ruth had not yet shown up but will eventually and Walter Johnson had just entered the league when I left off it (partly because I thought HR and SB stats were too high, partly because my team was winning too often).

But it is fun to see the historical process happen in this way - can Babe Ruth break the all-time HR record?

So let us know Sprague if you go with this idea and what version of it you use.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:33 AM   #83
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Definitely storylines. If you don't like this kind of thing Edster007, I recommend turning them off. Game > Game Settings > Global Settings > Storylines

Uncheck that box if you don't want this to happen again.
Thanks, I have only realized, thanks to this thread, that a lot of things that drive me crazy come from the storylines. I turn them off now.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:04 AM   #84
sprague
All Star Starter

Is anyone else having this issue. I will try and explain, screenshot is below.
What is happening are that players are just showing up in the game. I have the draft every year dec 15, and it fills- but if I later go check the player list, here are a bunch of guys just sitting there.
They were not ever in the draft pool.
Odder they do not appear in the free agent screen.
The keep getting scouted and have their ratings improve each year.
But basically other than in the free agent screen they dont exist.
If I manually place them on a team, that team will never use them, no matter how good they are.
If I clone the player and delete the real one, the clone will just sit in the free agent pool.
But if I manually put the clone onto a team, the team will go ahead and play them like a normal player.
It is a bit annoying actually.
Attached Images
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:20 PM   #85
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What is happening are that players are just showing up in the game. I have the draft every year dec 15, and it fills- but if I later go check the player list, here are a bunch of guys just sitting there.
If I manually place them on a team, that team will never use them, no matter how good they are.
If I clone the player and delete the real one, the clone will just sit in the free agent pool.
But if I manually put the clone onto a team, the team will go ahead and play them like a normal player.
I have yet to see it, but you should compare notes with JaBurns. He's apparently getting a similar issue. See post #58 above.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:48 PM   #86
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Quote:
I am having the same sort of problem but the players show up into the FA pool the day after the regular season end.They are generally elite players whose actual debut year in real life is the year that just conclude in my sim. I will let you know if I can track a setting or something that is causing my issue.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:39 PM   #87
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I setup my three AAA leagues for 1917 with the MLB LTMs from 1916. I am using 1976 as my constant stats year.

Are there problems with doing this in my league?

I guess I will know soon as the leagues just finished finished April 1917.

I learned something, the LTMs change yearly. I copied the 1916 onto piece paper to enter them for AAA leagues. On the day before the season I updated MLB and noticed most, if not all, of the values changed, what is the reason for the change?
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:18 PM   #88
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
I am having the same sort of problem but the players show up into the FA pool the day after the regular season end.They are generally elite players whose actual debut year in real life is the year that just conclude in my sim. I will let you know if I can track a setting or something that is causing my issue.
The sim above is in the early 1900’s. But your post got me thinking.
All of those players on that list were active in 1983. Next guy to appear was Lloyd moseby.
Ahhhhhhhh
When I set up the league I used 1985 as my base modifier, and actually clicked the “choose year” button, that was probably the mistake. Something about my click of 1985 opened some dimension door for players from 1985 to be in some odd window.
The test will be to have the game without any call for a year in totals or finance. My game started in 1901 but no 1900’s players are appearing like this, only those active from the time I called for the total modification.
Will look into that
Old 05-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #89
italyprof
All Star Reserve

I think the problem is not having 44 rounds in the inaugural draft. If you don't do that with RD, you get a bunch of players that are never drafted who build up. You can hold a free agent draft and soak them all up that way.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #90
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
I setup my three AAA leagues for 1917 with the MLB LTMs from 1916. I am using 1976 as my constant stats year.

Are there problems with doing this in my league?

I guess I will know soon as the leagues just finished finished April 1917.

I learned something, the LTMs change yearly. I copied the 1916 onto piece paper to enter them for AAA leagues. On the day before the season I updated MLB and noticed most, if not all, of the values changed, what is the reason for the change?
When you input the year (1976 in your case) the LTMs will change in order to re-calibrate things for the coming season in order to "keep things on track". It adjusts every year. It's normal. Don't worry about it.

I'm beginning to wonder if using minor leagues is the culprit for your free agent issues. Both David Watts and I use unlimited reserve rosters, and this issue does not happen in our games. Something to keep in mind, especially if sprague is using minor leagues as well. I will know for sure when I reach the end of 1901 because right now I have zero free agents in my game. If even one free agent comes in, then I will know it's not that. If they do not, I fear that might be the problem.

The problem is definitely not using a particular year for stats output because I've done that forever, and haven't seen what you're describing. I just checked my 40 year test league and clicked through a bunch of players (sorry, not going to click through all 1068) and not one of them did not come through the draft. If I were getting what you're getting, you would think that I would see a few that entered as free agents, but they were all draft picks. We'll have to see how sprague has his game set up to know for sure, but I suspect minor leagues may be the culprit. Sorry.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:28 PM   #91
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The sim above is in the early 1900’s. But your post got me thinking.
All of those players on that list were active in 1983. Next guy to appear was Lloyd moseby.
Ahhhhhhhh
When I set up the league I used 1985 as my base modifier, and actually clicked the “choose year” button, that was probably the mistake. Something about my click of 1985 opened some dimension door for players from 1985 to be in some odd window.
The test will be to have the game without any call for a year in totals or finance. My game started in 1901 but no 1900’s players are appearing like this, only those active from the time I called for the total modification.
Will look into that
Do you have your game set up with minor leagues? I'm starting to think that is the culprit. It can't be holding stats to a certain year, because I've done that forever and I've never experienced what you're seeing.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:18 AM   #92
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Do you have your game set up with minor leagues? I'm starting to think that is the culprit. It can't be holding stats to a certain year, because I've done that forever and I've never experienced what you're seeing.
Yes there is a minor league. Mmmm interesting because yes I don’t remember seeing that problem before the minor league was created.
Let me run another test without a minor and see what happens
Old 05-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #93
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
Yes there is a minor league. Mmmm interesting because yes I don’t remember seeing that problem before the minor league was created.
Let me run another test without a minor and see what happens
It's the minor league option. I play rd leagues most of the time. This only happens when I have minors turned on. When off no issue. I have run FA drafts to soak up the players...no problem.
I don't really see it as an issue...I just pretend they were farm boys or poor boys from the city who were discovered by scouts, playing semi-pro or whatever. Discovered outside of the draft.

Last edited by crawdad5000; 05-10-2018 at 02:26 PM.
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote