Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-28-2018, 02:20 PM   #1
Jakeydude18
Minors (Single A)

Lightbulb An American in Europe

The American in Europe

A common phrase heard by American managers is that they can never manage successfully outside of their homeland. Meet Jacob Meffe, the 22 American born manager currently the GM and manager of the Manchester Citizens. Upon arrival to England, Meffe was greeted with a very hostile press. The continuously questioned how he was going to manage players that could quite possibly be twice his age. They asked him his plans for winning the English Premier League and long until the city of Manchester will see glory days in the coveted trophy from winning the European Champions League. Meffe gave the press little to go on, hinting that a young core group of players could be the key to the Citizens success. He noted that he is a wheeler and a dealer, always looking for the best deal, and favors better pitching over hitting.

Asked of what his goals are for the upcoming season, he calmly responded “Don’t get relegated. We need to stay up in order to face the best competition and become a global force in the world. I will have a very young core group of players in hopes that we can develop them with our training facilities and give them the best possible chance to succeed here in Manchester.” Manchester Citizen’s owner, 48-year-old Londoner Peter Rowe, did not look to happy at Meffe when he made those comments. It seems that owner and manager might not have been the best pairing after all. Silly mistake by the owner.

Time will tell, with the English media be correct yet again? Or will Meffe and co prove the world wrong by creating a dominant force for the world to see!?
Jakeydude18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:41 PM   #2
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

This sound very cool, i`ll read along
Hageneezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:21 PM   #3
Jakeydude18
Minors (Single A)

So, I must be honest; I started this save prior to writing the first post. I’m currently about halfway done in my first season as Manchester City manager.

My baseball universe currently consists of 8 countries. My goal is to spread to all areas of the world and have Champions League and Europa Leagues for all continents. The current countries that I have are (with the number of leagues in the country):

England (4 leagues)
Germany (3 leagues)
Scotland (2 leagues)
Italy (2 leagues)
Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and France all have 1 league

Each league plays between 100 and 140 games. Next season I plan on expanding Europe even more. There are no playoffs, the leagues are traditional in that the regular season winner is crowned winner (similar to how European football is). I have the game set to create free agents between the ages of 15 and 19 for all of the leagues. This is to simulate youth prospects coming into the first teams. There also is no International Amateur FA Signing Cap. This is to simulate big teams hoarding the best prospects. I have active rosters set to a max of 25 players, reserve rosters have a max of 20 players, the “40-man” roster can have 50 players (to account for a team’s international complex). This game has no minor leagues whatsoever! I still need to set up league associations (in order to have FA Cups). Countries that only have one national league will not have FA Cups.

As of right now, the European Champions League (ECL) has 5 groups of 4 teams each (20 teams). They play 12 games in the groups throughout the season. The 5 group winners plus 3 wildcards with make the playoffs. The winner of the ECL will automatically qualify for the next year’s addition.

The next yearly tournament we have is the European Europa League (EEL). There are 12 teams split into 3 groups of 4. Teams once again play 12 games and the 3 group winners plus 1 wildcard will make the playoffs. The winner of the EEL will automatically qualify for next seasons ECL.

Side Note: Teams in the first edition of the tournaments were the teams that were top of the standings on July 1, as there was no history to go off.

Last edited by Jakeydude18; 04-04-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:13 AM   #4
T27
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Nice idea I tried to create something like this to use the new tourney feature but didnt know how far to take it can you please quickstart it when you expand next season good luck citizens.
T27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:14 AM   #5
Fullarmor
Minors (Single A)

Was waiting for a story like this.
Fullarmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:36 AM   #6
Jakeydude18
Minors (Single A)

Here is the team home screen. As you can see, I’m just past the halfway point in the season. It’s been an up and down season so far. Even though our owner wants us to finish .500, our RD has us saying otherwise. I’ll make it known that we are absolutely, 100% not a homerun team. We can generate runs through speed and an above average top of the lineup. My goal for the rest of the season is to finish above .500, and in the top half of the standings. That should give us a good base to build upon, considering how extremely young this squad is. Looking at the standings we are only four games from European Competition, however we’ve hovered right around .500 all year, so I’m probably dreaming too right now. My only concern with retaining this team is the money. I know these kids are going to want a lot of money in the future and I don’t have it at the moment. We will see how it goes.

Currently, I’m really happy with the top of our lineup. 3B Henri Muijen has put up very good leadoff numbers. The 16-year-old Dutchmen is averaging .303. We acquired him, another player and $6,000,000 in cash from Dutch side Heerenveen Cowboys for two SP on Jan 14, 2018. I definitely feel that we got the better deal in this case. He is a player I’d like to build my team around. Hitting second in the lineup is 16-year-old Italian DH Gianmaria Inzaghi. We acquired him and 4 other players from Genoa Griffins (Genoa retaining 100% of all salaries) for an aging 30-year-old left fielder. We were able to dump over $2,000,000 in salary which is always good. Inzaghi originally was going to be an outfielder, but since all of Europe uses the DH rule, I figure that he can work solely on his hitting and can become a very dominant contact hitter in the future. Also influencing the decision was our plethora of outfield players at our disposal.

The third player I want to look at is 1B Carlos Lara. Currently hitting .331 with 67 RBIs, he is definitely our go to player in a critical situation. He’s part of a top four hitters who have given us 174 RBIs. We received him from the Italian side Udinese Little Zebras and I can’t thank them enough for allowing us to have him! He will be another central figure at camp!

The last player I want to look at is RP Cameron Burt. This guy is filthy. With a velocity between 97-99 MPH, he strikes out batters for fun (now of course I will have just jinxed it). He has 69 Ks in 46.2 IP, he certainly is in the running for Reliever of the Year. He maintains a 0.99 ERA since his trip up the M6 to Manchester. On a small contract, he will want a heck of a lot more next year, and I will give it to him.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 04-04-2018, 12:59 PM   #7
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Very interested in a potential quickstart from this.