Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Post bug reports here please!

Old 06-09-2016, 03:27 AM   #1
mking55
All Star Starter

It's really a bug and there is no tech support

This was also posted in General Discussions.

I will attempt to be nice and polite. Sometimes it's hard so I am really trying.

My league is currently in 1968. In 1960 I drafted Lou Brock. He didn't sign. Since then he is always in my "negotiate with draftees" list, but "negotiate" is always greyed out.

So, from 1960 until 1968 Lou Brock is part of my list of draftees who I can't sign. I thought if I blew the signing, they went back in the draft. Guess what? He didn't.

I posted this problem in this forum and in bug reports. Not a peep from anyone on the OOTP team.

I decided to do further research. Three other players (big names) I found who were drafted in 1960 or 1961 were Boog Powell, Joe Morgan, and Rusty Staub. They weren't drafted by me, but by an AI team. They've never been assigned to a team which leads me to believe they were never thrown back in the draft because these are top 10 draft choices any year.

In additional weirdness, Nolan Ryan has fallen off the face of the OOTP earth. I drafted him 1 year and he didn't sign. He can't be found in any draft logs (or after looking 5 times I'm still blind).

This is possible to go unnoticed because if Joe Morgan isn't drafted by your team, are you going to look for him if he's never played? I doubt it. I cannot believe I'm the only person this has happened to, but then again I'm lucky that way.

I do hope that someone from OOTP can give me an answer to this weirdness or investigate it. I am also posting this in bug reports. If this a real bug and not just a "Martin" bug, then this is a big one.

Last edited by mking55; 06-09-2016 at 03:32 AM.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 03:30 AM   #2
mking55
All Star Starter

It's really a bug and there is no tech support

(This was also posted in General Discussions)

I will attempt to be nice and polite. Sometimes it's hard so I am really trying.

My league is currently in 1968. In 1960 I drafted Lou Brock. He didn't sign. Since then he is always in my "negotiate with draftees" list, but "negotiate" is always greyed out.

I posted this problem in this forum and in general discussions. Not a peep from anyone on the OOTP team.

So, from 1960 until 1968 Lou Brock is part of my list of draftees who I can't sign. I thought if I blew the signing, they went back in the draft. Guess what? He didn't.

I decided to do further research. Three other players (big names) I found who were drafted in 1960 or 1961 were Boog Powell, Joe Morgan, and Rusty Staub. They weren't drafted by me, but by an AI team. They've never been assigned to a team which leads me to believe they were never thrown back in the draft because these are top 10 draft choices any year.

In additional weirdness, Nolan Ryan has fallen off the face of the OOTP earth. I drafted him 1 year and he didn't sign. He can't be found in any draft logs (or after looking 5 times I'm still blind).

This is possible to go unnoticed because if Joe Morgan isn't drafted by your team, are you going to look for him if he's never played? I doubt it. I cannot believe I'm the only person this has happened to, but then again I'm lucky that way.

I do hope that someone from OOTP can give me an answer to this weirdness or investigate it. I am also posting this in bug reports. If this a real bug and not just a "Martin" bug, then this is a big one.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:23 AM   #3
marc5477
Minors (Double A)

They have always gotten back to me eventually (usually a day or 2), just be patient. They will likely also ask you for your game files so be ready to send a few hundred megs of data.
marc5477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:37 AM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

No need to post in both spots - the bug reports forum is fine for issues like this.

As for the issue, marc is correct - to see why players are stuck in your negotiate list, we'd need league files. Due to the vast setup options, we'd need to see what you're running with to investigate what might have happened, and to see why your draftees aren't being handled correctly.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:58 AM   #5
mking55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
No need to post in both spots - the bug reports forum is fine for issues like this.

As for the issue, marc is correct - to see why players are stuck in your negotiate list, we'd need league files. Due to the vast setup options, we'd need to see what you're running with to investigate what might have happened, and to see why your draftees aren't being handled correctly.
Actually it's been 4+ days but who's counting?

It's not just me, it's the whole league. As I wrote, Boog Powell, Joe Morgan, and Rusty Staub were not my draft picks, but were picked 7 or 8 years ago. They still show up on the team that drafted them "negotiate with draftees" list so this problem is league wide, not just me.

You want files? No problem. I am using a Mac. Just tell me what files and where to send them. I don't think you can say "we'd need league files" and expect me to know which ones and where and how I'd send them.

When you tell me, I will send them. Since I live in China the times will be screwy, but what the hell, you'll get them.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:20 AM   #6
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking55 View Post
I don't think you can say "we'd need league files" and expect me to know which ones and where and how I'd send them.
How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

I googled that. There is a sticky on this board about it too.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:39 AM   #7
mking55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

I googled that. There is a sticky on this board about it too.
I did that but the connection fails (after it tells me I connected successfully). Any other ideas?

Thanks.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

You can also try sending to my dropbox. I'll pm you the link.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:47 PM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Okay, the problem is that we seem to never be running the draft negotiation end. This can happen when your draft is too close to the pre-season start date, as we (mostly incorrectly) delete that event. This is causing the negotiation to not clear out, and players to not get recycled into next year's draft pool.

In your case, you need your draft to be at least 60 days before the pre-season start, or you can simply manually schedule/edit the "draftee negotiations end" event to happen before the pre-season rollover. If you manually add the event scheduled for tomorrow in your game, you should see that drafted player list get cleared, and then in your next draft you'll see Brock, Ryan, and the others (Ryan was picked in 1965 by San Fran, and looks like he was likewise unsigned).

We'll fix it up so that we make sure to run the negotiations end event for the next patch, but for now I'd suggest just making sure you have the event scheduled manually to handle these cases.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:53 PM   #10
mking55
All Star Starter

Okay, this was clear as mud. I use the game defaults and I understand that's a big mistake on my part.

1. How do I change the draft negotiations end date (I can't see it)?

I can only see the draft date. Where do I find the other dates (I'm blind).

Thank you.