Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:43 AM   #1
mking55
All Star Starter

Who sent in the clowns?

After the minor league draft and the rule 5 draft, I find I have a boatload of useless, low-rated players just waiting to be cut. Where did these guys come from? I never chose them. I don't like the hassle of having to weed out these weeds. Is there a way to stop getting these guys?

Thank you.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:20 AM   #2
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
http://youtu.be/HvkKd572vCw

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:34 PM   #3
mking55
All Star Starter

That was no help. Is it possible for anyone to give me any help on this. I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:24 PM   #4
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Just delete them. Set up a saved filter with an overall player value of 35 or less, use it, and delete all. If that's not enough, raise it in 5 unit increments until it's where you like it. Then every time you see clowns, select that saved filter and delete them.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:08 AM   #5
mking55
All Star Starter

Almost sounds good. However, these players need to be cut to keep my roster level down due to a minor league bug. Therefore I might not see the clowns, aren't they still there?

I want to have them disappear forever without having to do anything every season.

Still looking for a winning answer and why am I the only one who has this problem? I can't believe it.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:07 AM   #6
mking55
All Star Starter

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 9.55.39 PM.png
Views: 218
Size:  83.1 KB

This is what I have. Every season there are about 50 of these guys I need to cut. Where did they come from? Is there a way to cut them together instead of having to do the same operation 50 times?

Surely someone could help me with simple step by step instructions. Or maybe it can't be done. Believe it or not, I don't know everything so occasionally I have to ask for help. It would be nice if someone could help me. Even I help others at times.

Wolf said I could filter them out but I think all that would do would be to hide them until it's time for me to cut them. I could increase my secondary roster to 70 guys but eventually this problem will reappear. I have to wait another 6 years or so until I get a minor league team (I turned on use real minor league rosters) and because of the problem of teams having no minor league teams in the early part of their history, I'm stuck with this mess. I've been told this minor league problem will be fixed in the future but I'm sure it's not a small task. I'm on the verge of starting my league over with no minor leagues so I don't have this hassle.

So, help me if you can because I'm feeling down.

Thank you in advance, maybe.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:13 AM   #7
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

click on that little circle next to POS on the heading, that will select everyone on the list. Then right click on a player and release "poof" they all go away to the FA pool
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:19 AM   #8
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking55 View Post
This is what I have. Every season there are about 50 of these guys I need to cut. Where did they come from?
New players are added to the league each year based on their minor league debut dates. You probably don't have a draft, so they are either added as free agents or their debut team (which is the default setting).

Quote:
Is there a way to cut them together instead of having to do the same operation 50 times?
See the circle to the left of each player? Click there for each player that you want to release. Then right-click and select release player. All players that have this circle (radio button) highlighted will be released.

Quote:
Wolf said I could filter them out but I think all that would do would be to hide them until it's time for me to cut them.
He is telling you how to find them, but it looks like you have already done that. You still need to release them after you find them.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:29 AM   #9
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

If you release them they will most likely get signed by an unaffiliated team and will be out of your hair. If they later develop, which some of them will, they will be available to any team that needs them.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:30 AM   #10
mking55
All Star Starter

Thank you very much Mr. Orcin and Mr. Painmantle. You have eased my pain.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:48 AM   #11
Harry_BallSack
Minors (Triple A)

Location: Was NJ, Then FL, Then IL, Then VA, Now Natick, MA !
Quote:
Thank you very much Mr. Orcin and Mr. Painmantle. You have eased my pain.
lol awesome
Playing Sim ball since Microleague Baseball on my C64 in Highschool, Then Front Page Sports (some Earl Weaver on the Amiga in there as well) and finally made the shift to OOTP around version 2. Been here ever since

The Original Atlantic City Gambler and Daytona Beach Fatboy Owner.
Harry_BallSack is offline   Reply With Quote