Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
oman19
All Star Starter

Angry Beyond Frustrating

Alright I've run into it again. So I'm rolling along in my league nicely and sure enough a 3-way tie happens. Cool np I've been using the tie-breaking method LGO taught me.

Well here is where OOTP is frustrating me. If you use the MLB real tie breaker system you arn't able to adance to the playoffs if one scenerio occurs.

If 3 teams are tied they get labeled A,B, and C. B plays at A the first day then C goes on the road to play the winner of A and B. The winner of that 2nd game gets the playoff spot.

Well that works fine in OOTP UNLESS team C wins the tiebreaker.

For some reason it seems that OOTP won't advancce to the playoffs if 2 teams have the same number of W's. The 2 teams have different Win percentages but it keeps trying to schedule another game if one team is 89-74 and the other is 89-75.

The game tells me after the 2nd game the team that is 89-74 and has a better win % has clinched but when I hit finish today it goes on to schedule another game and refuses to advance to the playoffs.

I really find it hard to believe that ootp can't tell the tie is borken when 1 team is 89-75 and the other is 89-74 with a better W%. The only thing I can think of is that ootp is looking at total number of W's and not W% which is totally unacceptable.

Can anyone think of any work arounds?

This is very close if not totally game-breaking for me.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html

Last edited by oman19; 06-14-2011 at 02:05 AM.
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
oman19
All Star Starter

submitted a ticket for this problem when I dound it. Hopefully I did it right. Never submitted a ticket before.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Workaround:

1 Save the game after game 2 as a quickstart.

2 Keep re-loading from the quickstart until the team you want to win, wins the extra game. Delete all the leagues where the wrong team wins.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
oman19
All Star Starter

My only problem is then the stas are skewed. Yeah only by one game but a guy on one of the teams is going for the all time RBI record. If he gets it in that extra game that never should of been then I feel it cheapens it and really makes me lose interest in the league. I'm kind of an anal stat head like that. Arn't we all though to some degree that plays this game.lol

Old 06-14-2011, 11:27 PM   #5
cblacker
Major Leagues

But isn't that what happens in real baseball as far as stats are concerned? Aren't the tiebreaker games considered an extension of the regular season?
cblacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:37 PM   #6
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Keep reloading from the quickstart until you get a result you can live with.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #7
oman19
All Star Starter

Yes but my problem is that AFTER the tie is broken the game keeps scheduling ANOTHER game because if Team C wins. I'm guessing it's because they have the same number of wins as the team they beat in the 2nd game. The game should recognize they have different win %'s now.

Actually the game does recognize it because it says they clinched yet still won't let me advance to the playoffs without playing another game.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #8
sporr
Global Moderator

Wow. This just happened in our online league! I might have to do some testing, but I'm wondering if I manually schedule the first round of playoff games if the game will actually recognize this and correct itself. I deleted the "extra" tiebreaker game hoping that the game would realize the problem.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #9
oman19
All Star Starter

I didn't have much success but if you figure it out PLEASE let me know!!!!!

Old 06-15-2011, 11:43 PM   #10
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporr View Post
Wow. This just happened in our online league! I might have to do some testing, but I'm wondering if I manually schedule the first round of playoff games if the game will actually recognize this and correct itself. I deleted the "extra" tiebreaker game hoping that the game would realize the problem.
Yeah just tried this. When i manually schedule the playoff series, it still doesn't go in playoff mode because the game will STILL schedule the "extra" playoff game.

I literally can't advance my league unless playing this game that shouldn't happen.

Sigh I guess I will be taking a break until this is fixed in some way.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #11
bailey
Hall Of Famer

If A beat B and C beat A, who plays in the 3rd game? If it's B playing C and B wins, you've restored the 3-way tie and get to do it all over again?

Old 06-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #12
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
If A beat B and C beat A, who plays in the 3rd game? If it's B playing C and B wins, you've restored the 3-way tie and get to do it all over again?
No it makes you replay the 2nd game again. So A vs C a 2nd day in a row.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #13
sporr
Global Moderator

Yep. In our case it was a 3-way tie for Wild Card. So after the two game tiebreaker, one team is 85-78 and one team is 85-79. The 85-78 team should be advancing (better winning percentage and they were team C). The standings screen even shows that they clinched. But the game still keeps scheduling another tiebreaker. Since this is an online league, I don't want to play an extra game that shouldn't be there. There must be a "switch" that OOTP is using for it to know to schedule playoff games. I've tried deleting the extra game and then simming a day just to see if it would then schedule the playoff games. However, it just reschedules the extra tiebreaker game again. I'm really hoping there is a quick fix for this because the online league is waiting.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #14
oman19
All Star Starter

Mine also is a 3 way tie for the wildcard.

I've tried everything I can think of but still stuck. This ruined one of my solo leagues a few months ago and I thought it was user error. Ran into it again this time and now I know it's some kind of bug in the game.

Really hope there is a way to fix this. I just can't bring myself to keep starting new leagues.

Feel bad for you online league guys.

I'm to the point where if I'm told this is fixed for v12 this will push me over the edge to buy it.

Last edited by oman19; 06-16-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #15
oman19
All Star Starter

How have you guys decided to break the tie sporr?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #16
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman19 View Post
How have you guys decided to break the tie sporr?
We haven't. I was going to spend some time this weekend trying to test out different options.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #17
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

As long as you didn't 'finish' the final day of the regular season, you can schedule further 'regular season' games in the future days.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:24 AM   #18
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
As long as you didn't 'finish' the final day of the regular season, you can schedule further 'regular season' games in the future days.
Yup that is what I did and I'm assuming Sporr too. What our problem is, is after game 163 and 164 are played if Team C wins it won't let neither him or I advance to the playoffs. The game keeps trying to schedule a game 165 for some reason.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #19
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman19 View Post
Yup that is what I did and I'm assuming Sporr too. What our problem is, is after game 163 and 164 are played if Team C wins it won't let neither him or I advance to the playoffs. The game keeps trying to schedule a game 165 for some reason.
Exactly right. OOTP seems to think another tiebreaker game needs to be played even though one of the teams has already clinched. I might fill both teams with scrubs and then play the game out so that the correct team wins. That will prevent the stats from having an impact, though the scrubs will all have stats that they shouldn't have. And I guess I also risk that the wrong team will somehow win still.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #20
oman19
All Star Starter

Well Markus said this will be fixed for v12 so I purchased. Will start a new league in 12 and see let you know if I run into the problem.