Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 10-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
sporr
Global Moderator

Inaugural draft - some issues

Setting up our new online league and some interesting issues....

Started with the 2010 MLB set and released all players for an inaugural draft. If an owner views "Free Agents" there are 1911 players. However, if you "Show all Players", you only see 760 players. I'm wondering why there's a difference there. What is the best way for an owner to see the entire draft pool since they can't view it in the Inaugural Draft section of the league?

Also, from what I can see there is no way to tell what salary these guys will have before they're drafted. And the salary cap limits in the Inaugural Draft settings screen don't really work well at all, so there is really no way to put salary limits on teams prior to the draft.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
fintach
Major Leagues

I just noticed yesterday that Show All Players only showed me players in the Major Leagues (or it might have been those with ML contracts - I didn't check). The minors were excluded for some reason. I suspect that's the difference here.

History:
Portland Purple Knights of the USBL: 1x NL Champs
1970-74 Berkeley Free Radicals of the BBL: 4x Division Title, 3x LCS, 2x Left Coast Cup Champions
2011 Portland River Dragons of the SPL: 1x Division Title
2011 Las Vegas Coyotes (MLB): half season before DH bored me to death.
fintach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
sporr
Global Moderator

Hmmm....so apparently "Releasing all players and scheduling an inaugural draft" didn't put all players in the draft pool. In fact, there are probably a thousand free agents still sitting in free agency. Is there any way to get these guys into the draft pool or are they destined to remain free agents until the league begins?
Old 10-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

I am guessing the filter is showing just the ML players in the draft pool.

If you change the filter to show everyone you should get all the players....

or it's a bug.
Jaxxvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporr View Post
Setting up our new online league and some interesting issues....

Started with the 2010 MLB set and released all players for an inaugural draft. If an owner views "Free Agents" there are 1911 players. However, if you "Show all Players", you only see 760 players. I'm wondering why there's a difference there. What is the best way for an owner to see the entire draft pool since they can't view it in the Inaugural Draft section of the league?

Also, from what I can see there is no way to tell what salary these guys will have before they're drafted. And the salary cap limits in the Inaugural Draft settings screen don't really work well at all, so there is really no way to put salary limits on teams prior to the draft.
Make sure you have no filter set. Only those players become draft eligible who have played for the selected league in the past.

Regarding the salary, simply enable the enhanced financial draft feature in the draft rules screen. Teams will have a budget and cannot draft past that, and players have draft demands which will transform into proper contracts after the draft.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Make sure you have no filter set. Only those players become draft eligible who have played for the selected league in the past.

Regarding the salary, simply enable the enhanced financial draft feature in the draft rules screen. Teams will have a budget and cannot draft past that, and players have draft demands which will transform into proper contracts after the draft.
Thank you, Markus. Is there any way to get players listed as Free Agents into the draft pool? We have quite a few players that are still considered Free Agents and were not placed in the Inaugural Draft pool.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:44 AM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporr View Post
Thank you, Markus. Is there any way to get players listed as Free Agents into the draft pool? We have quite a few players that are still considered Free Agents and were not placed in the Inaugural Draft pool.
Unfortunately not automatically. The game only makes the players draft eligible which it can associate with the league somehow (i.e. by playing for that league in the past or at the moment)... this is basically a safety check for universes where you have multiple leagues and do not want players from other leagues in the draft.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote