Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Closed or Claim Fixed

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
Dancing Homer
Bat Boy

Problem importing a league from prior version of OOTP 9

I am taking over as commissioner in an OOTP league. I have the latest version of OOTP 9.2.13, but the league file that I am taking over was from one or two versions of OOTP 9 prior and I am getting an error "The loading of the world database failed. It is either corrupt or a save game from an old version."

I tried converting the files as if they were OOTP 8 but that failed.

Is there a way to unpatch OOTP 9 to the version of the league I am trying to import and then patching back up to 9.2.13?

Or is there a way to patch the league files up to 9.2.13?

Thanks for any help.

Dancing Homer
Old 02-04-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
Dancing Homer
Bat Boy

To clarify, the league I am trying to import was created using the initial OOTP 9 version, 9.0.26.

Is there anywhere that I can download the original 9.0.26 and then patch it all up together?
Old 02-05-2009, 01:48 AM   #3
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

I don't know if this is the solution or not, but make sure in the league or game setup that you are correctly pointing to the stats file in your league folder.

It is possible that the previous commissioner had the stats file in a different spot than is set in your league setup or rules.

I have had this happen to me when moving from one PC to another PC.

For example, one PC calls the folder My Docs and the other calls the folder Docs, etc. That was enough of a problem to cause the similar error.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:19 AM   #4
Tony M
Global Moderator

As there hasn't been a response from the OP in over a month, this thread will be closed for housekeeping purposes.