Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 07-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #121
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Love most of the news stories but there is a clause here that is just a clunker.....'controlled their bat speed'.

With what? A remote control device? Magic??

He changed speeds effectively might be a better use of words.
Attached Images
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny P. View Post
Try to rob me at gun point, I'll just kick your ass. No cops needed!
bababui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #122
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Collins View Post
Here's an example of the PbP producing the unbelievable. I guess that a lot of programing would be required to make the PbP ballpark specific, but I hope it can be done in a future OOTP version.

"it hit on the warning track and bounced up over the fence." destroys any suspension of disbelief when the fence turns out to be the Green Monster.
Some fence....... some bounce....

Ian
You have the right fence height entered in the ballpark data? Or is it just the picture of Fenway, but the fence height is set at 9ft or something?

If it's set right, you've proved that fence height makes no difference to OOTP.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #123
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababui View Post
Love most of the news stories but there is a clause here that is just a clunker.....'controlled their bat speed'.

With what? A remote control device? Magic??

He changed speeds effectively might be a better use of words.
We will rework it using your suggestion.

Thanks for posting.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:08 PM   #124
Ian Collins
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Ian Collins
Here's an example of the PbP producing the unbelievable. I guess that a lot of programing would be required to make the PbP ballpark specific, but I hope it can be done in a future OOTP version.

"it hit on the warning track and bounced up over the fence." destroys any suspension of disbelief when the fence turns out to be the Green Monster.
Some fence....... some bounce....

Ian

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tysok: "You have the right fence height entered in the ballpark data? Or is it just the picture of Fenway, but the fence height is set at 9ft or something?

If it's set right, you've proved that fence height makes no difference to OOTP."

Whoa!! Are you telling me that vertical height is now taken into account? Is the ball trajectory now calculated? I was certain, from many posts going back, that it wasn't.

The wall was set at 8' in the Fenway Park II set ( Gambo & PadresFan work from the All-In-One mod from Add Ons Central). If I set the height to 37' will the Green Monster be taken into account?

I think you're kidding me...........

Ian
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Ian Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #125
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
We will rework it using your suggestion.

Thanks for posting.
Thanks for doing all this work. The game is much better because of dedicated people like you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny P. View Post
Try to rob me at gun point, I'll just kick your ass. No cops needed!
bababui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:59 AM   #126
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

NEWS/PBP TYPOS AND ERRORS THREAD: Post Them In This Thread

Down the Line?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #127
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

This isn't a PBP or News typo, but it is weird grammar. When you bring a player out of retirement, his player card states the following:

Retired from retirement.

Should say, "Came out of retirement" or something along those lines.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 07-03-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:07 AM   #128
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Collins View Post
Whoa!! Are you telling me that vertical height is now taken into account? Is the ball trajectory now calculated? I was certain, from many posts going back, that it wasn't.

The wall was set at 8' in the Fenway Park II set ( Gambo & PadresFan work from the All-In-One mod from Add Ons Central). If I set the height to 37' will the Green Monster be taken into account?

I think you're kidding me...........

Ian
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
I have no idea if it is or not. One would hope so... but I don't know.

There isn't anything I could do about a ground rule double over the green monster... was just asking if it was right to see.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
Old 07-03-2008, 01:28 AM   #129
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermonk View Post
Down the Line?
It is Markus' responsibility to align the animation with the PBP.

Sorry, we can't help you there, other than to post it in Bugzilla.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:31 AM   #130
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
This isn't a PBP or News typo, but it is wierd grammar. When you bring a player out of retirement, his player card states the following:

Retired from retirement.

This is Markus' problem to solve.

I will request it be fixed with a note in Bugzilla.

Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:46 AM   #131
southside_hitmen
Minors (Triple A)

Extra space after the sentence.

"torn rotator cuff muscle . Jimenez..."
Attached Images
southside_hitmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:25 AM   #132
Ian Collins
Minors (Rookie Ball)

In this play, Giambi batted with Rodriguez on first base. Giambi hit the ball to deep right field. Rodriguez scored and Giambi reached third base. (The pic is from the game replay which screws up the batting team's field positions).

But it's Lowell who should try to tag Giambi and not Varitek.

Ian
Attached Images
Ian Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #133
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside_hitmen View Post
Extra space after the sentence.

"torn rotator cuff muscle . Jimenez..."
Fixed it.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:22 AM   #134
JudgeDredd
Minors (Single A)

Here is the pic you asked for. It says nobody left on, but as you can see, I have Delgado, Anderson and Casanove on base
Attached Images
JudgeDredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #135
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Three unrelated issues

Like Judge Dredd, I have noticed that periodically the inning ending summary will read 'no one left on base' when someone has been left on. This usually happens to me after an inning-ending fielder's choice, but I see that wasn't the case for the Judge.

Like Ian, I sometimes get what appears to be the wrong fielder making a play. Aside from the examples in my previous post (where the PBP doesn't appear to take into account when the infield shifts left or right), there's a repeating one where Jukodo, one of my first basemen, ranges over into right-center to catch short fly balls (not popups). Now, Jukodo does have a pretty good range, but no better than my other first baseman (who hasn't gotten this result, though that may be sample size) and not as good as any of my second basemen. who start the play much closer to where the ball lands. Besides, the whole idea of a first baseman catching fly balls just seems a little odd to me.

Finally, there were frequent problems with the play by play description of the ball flight not matching the animation of the ball flight. That would be frequent as in many times per game. I've been assuming this is a problem with the ball animation, and Ambermonk has raised this issue down in Tech Support, but it eventually occured to me that the problem might lie with the PBP, instead.

Keep up the good work! This is looking better all the time.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:47 PM   #136
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
Finally, there were frequent problems with the play by play description of the ball flight not matching the animation of the ball flight. That would be frequent as in many times per game. I've been assuming this is a problem with the ball animation, and Ambermonk has raised this issue down in Tech Support, but it eventually occured to me that the problem might lie with the PBP, instead.
I'm inclined to think it's a ball animation problem. The PbP looked fine before the addition of this feature.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #137
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
This isn't a PBP or News typo, but it is wierd grammar. When you bring a player out of retirement, his player card states the following:

Retired from retirement.

I reported that last year. I got a message back that this was not an issue.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:17 PM   #138
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
Of all the ball animation problems found, there was only 1 (maybe there was a second) that was a text problem instead. I'm sure there are other text problems in there, I didn't have time to go through the categories that will for sure have some problems in it, but those categories I know of are quite rare to begin with. More than likely, if you see the animation show something different the pbp it's an animation bug.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:32 PM   #139
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
I reported that last year. I got a message back that this was not an issue.
No, it's not an issue to Markus.

It's just wrong.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #140
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
No, it's not an issue to Markus.

It's just wrong.
Well... we could have an injury story bemoaning that the player will miss the playoffs come up in March... so why shouldn't players retire from retirement.