Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 08-07-2006, 12:11 AM   #1
halofan26
All Star Starter

Halofan 2.0 IS HERE AND READY!!

Ok guys, my brand new set IS up and ready ay my site. I cant apologize enough for the delay as my work and school schedule has increased and continued to do so until 2 weeks ago.

I have good and bad news tho......

Good news-I have a brand new set, with all new ratings and complete rosters up till 6:30pm PST tonight! Check the readme file for more info! I have a feeling that alot of people will like this set, and i think more will like it better than my previous versions.

Bad news-Halofan roster set, the 1st version, has been retired and will no longer be made available. So with that said, I would like a moment of silence to remember this set.....Ok now that is over....take a look at the new one.

1. I did NOT adjust finacials as 9 out of 10 people want to set things up there way.
2. The stats for the players are empty, BUT i am currently working on them now. This WILL take a LONG time so be patient.
3. The records are also updated, i have the 40 man, active, AAA, AA and high A ball rosters as complete as i can get them
4. My home site, www.simleaguecentral.com is the place to get the set, and the only place to get it right now. We are going through a face lift and we will be adding things as we go. I cant tell you cause i was scared into secrecy by my wife
5. Updates will go back to being every 2-3 weeks during the season and about every 2 weeks in the offseason. Just give me some time if i am a "day late" lol

The readme file has alot of info, so take a look at it

Email with any questions at duckfart76@simleaguecentral.com
THE best baseball info and fan site ever
The best Angels fan site
"Because i got high" - Afroman
Old 08-08-2006, 09:45 AM   #2
Royals
Minors (Double A)

Thanks

Thanks for the roster set. I have already imported it to OOTP2006. I did notice that Astros 2nd round draft pick from last season is not in the organization-- C Ralph Henriquez. Just curious to know if you will add him. I know he was there in the previous version. Just interested because my oldest son used to play in tounaments with him. Son was the pitcher. Henriquez was the catcher.

Thanks again for the hard work.

Royals
Old 08-08-2006, 07:08 PM   #3
halofan26
All Star Starter

As of right now, he was not in the set because he was not on a ML, AAA, AA or high A ball roster. However, i am currently adding players still so i will ensure that he will be in the next release for you
The best Angels fan site
Old 08-08-2006, 07:13 PM   #4
halofan26
All Star Starter

Now that i was able to finally get my set up, there was a burp in our domain name so the site is down to be fixed. I dont have a time table but hopefully it wont be long
The best Angels fan site
Old 08-08-2006, 11:20 PM   #5
halofan26
All Star Starter

ok we are back up and good
The best Angels fan site
Old 08-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #6
MJB_919
Minors (Rookie Ball)

halofan, for some reason I can't get into your website. When I log in it keeps saying "cookies must be enabled beyond this point" even after I allow them on my security settings.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #7
halofan26
All Star Starter

do me a favor, email my wife (webmaster) at webmaster@simleaguecentral.com so she can tinker with it as i am a moron when it comes to computers. She will be able to figure it out im sure, i have to keep her around for some reason lol
The best Angels fan site
Old 08-11-2006, 09:57 AM   #8
Matty86
Major Leagues

I'm gonna download the set now. I've been waiting for this for a long time, I just can't get into ootp2006 and your set is the only one I've ever really gotten into using
Old 08-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #9
halofan26
All Star Starter

im going to be making on for 2006 but i just dont have the game yet
The best Angels fan site
Old 08-11-2006, 03:58 PM   #10
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

Just wondering why the Pirates '06 draft picks aren't on these rosters? Otherwise, good job on the set.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:48 AM   #11
Matty86
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty86
I'm gonna download the set now. I've been waiting for this for a long time, I just can't get into ootp2006 and your set is the only one I've ever really gotten into using
don't bother just please don't stop making the rosters for ootp6, cuz when the support for ootp6 dies, so do my days of the ootp series
Old 08-12-2006, 02:29 AM   #12
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

I agree. I feel I wasted 30 bucks on ootp2006. Anyways, don't like it.

Anyways, another question. Where's all the speed in this roster set?? I am in the middle of May and was checking out the projected leaders. The highest projected total for stolen bases is JUST 36 for Andruw Jones and Ichiro Suzuki! I believe there are quite a few more players who will end the season in real life with a whole lot more than 30 bases LOL. I did look over my own team (Pirates) and put them as how I think they should be and didn't really realize all the teams were "slow". May wanna check this out before shooting out your next release. Just my opinion though
Old 08-12-2006, 10:08 PM   #13
halofan26
All Star Starter

Well ill continue making sets for OOTP 6.5 as it is my favorite, by default as i havent even played the new one yet, so you should be just fine with that....

As for the 06 draft picks, in order to get this set up before the moon turned to cheese, i only have the majors, AAA, AA and high A ball teams up. if they are not on one of those teams, then they are players that are still being added

As for the speed, that is one thing i have "changed/adjusted/done differently" as i initially had the base stealers set at what i thought was fair or normal for them, BUT when i would run tests, they were stealing 80,90 and 100 bases and i even had 3 guys steal over 100 and that just isnt "normal" in this day and age, so i found that by putting the base stealers a 45-65 (out of 100 scale) would produce more reasonable results. Keep in mind that the projected leaders tend to be WAY off, especially if you are playing the games and not just simming them. The totals for base stealers when you play the games increase by about 35-40 percent
The best Angels fan site
Old 08-13-2006, 02:15 AM   #14
CLancaster23
Minors (Single A)

OK, I see where you're coming from. Just an FYI though, I finished the season I mentioned and Andruw Jones ended up finishing with 36 steals (48 attempts), and Ichiro Suzuki led the AL with 34 steals (45 attempts). Jones prjoected was right on the money where Ichiro's was only off by a couple. Normally you wouldn't see Ichiro and Andruw leading the league in steals. Just checked and Jones has never stolen more than 27 in his career, never more than 8 in the last 5. Ichiro on the other hand does steal +/- 35 bags a year so that tells me that it may just need work on not only how quick someone is, but how often they steal. Just my two cents. This can all be messed with by the game settings also though (team tendencies). Not blaming it on your roster set totally but I think it may be a combination of a lot of things.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:51 PM   #15
BarryZito75
Minors (Double A)

everytime i set the rosters to computer AI the computer changes the pitching rosters to about 9 starters and 3 relievers.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:17 PM   #16
halofan26
All Star Starter

boy i would LOVE to fix that, but i cant do anything about that
The best Angels fan site
Old 08-29-2006, 12:47 AM   #17
Jester of Death
Minors (Triple A)

The Service times are completely wrong.

Arizona Diamondbacks - 2011 World Champions???
Old 08-30-2006, 09:20 PM   #18
Magus978
All Star Starter

I like the rosters, since I got a chance to play the game a few days ago...but the service times are WAY off, and are essentially a league killer.

Hafner has 11 years of MLB Experience? C'mon now...

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/

That's a good site for seeing how long a player has been in the majors.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Old 08-31-2006, 04:48 PM   #19
halofan26
All Star Starter

the service times are off and as of right now, im not sure of a way to update it, hence the reason that they are off.....trust me, if i know of a way to get it done, i would have done it or been working on it right now
The best Angels fan site
Old 09-06-2006, 05:32 PM   #20
SBSL COMMISH
Bat Boy

Is it me or are the prospects Pitching Loaded. also just curious why prior kazmir verlander and such are on the top 100 when they never were before and alot of the teams have all top ten spect 5.0