Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

1979 Topps Card Mod: Complete Set

With the release of the most recent OOTP Patch, I was able to complete my first full Card Mod set, the 1979 Topps Collection.

Here is the "default" Card:

The "All-Star" Card:

The "Hall of Fame" Card:

The .zip can be downloaded at: 1979 Topps.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

If you have any suggestions or comments, please don't hesitate to share. I have a few more sets that just need some fixing up on the HOF and All-Star card. I hope to have those sets up by early next week.

-Matt
Tiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:29 AM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Great job! Those look sharp!
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:56 AM   #3
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Message padresfan to have him put it up on his site. Hopefully he'll have to create a section just for card templates. At least a sub section.
BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Really great job.

2 questions; is it possible to change the player name font, looks a little vanilla right now- also, how about putting in the team's city name somewhere, looks to me like its missing something without Pittsburgh, St Louis etc, though this may be a design decision.

Again though, excellent work, you guys are really making a great contribution to the community.
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Super nice looking!

Well Done!
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
conception
All Star Starter

For some reason I was having a hard time getting these to work right when I followed the instructions for copying them from the Topps 1979 folder. Everytime I try, the front of the card ends up missing half of the players picture.

They look really great and I'd love to see them work in-game but I don't know what is causing this. Your other card mods all work fine and I really enjoy them.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #7
conception
All Star Starter

For some reason I was having a hard time getting these to work right when I followed the instructions for copying them from the Topps 1979 folder. Everytime I try, the front of the card ends up missing half of the players picture.

They look really great and I'd love to see them work in-game but I don't know what is causing this. Your other card mods all work fine and I really enjoy them.
Attached Images
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #8
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception View Post

Same thing is happening to me.
udbacker58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #9
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

I'll try and set aside some time today to give this a look.

Hopefully I can find the error.

Thanks guys for posting it!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #10
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

For those that were having problems with the Default Card, I have double checked on my end and have been unable to duplicate the problem.

Below is the current XML Content that is being used with my cards (I did add one line of XML, but it's unrelated to the problem).

Locate your BB_Card Folder and then find the Default.xml file.

Erase the current section titled <!-- Photo Data - Front of Card --> and replace it with what is below. If the problem remains, let me know and I will have to dig a little deeper.

HTML Code:
  <!-- Photo Data - Front of Card -->

<ELEMENT type="image" x="0" y="0" zorder="3" content="1979topps.png" />

<ELEMENT type="image" x="5" y="16" width="180" height="215" zorder="1" content="PICTURE" />

<ELEMENT type="image" x="5" y="43" width="180" height="210" zorder="1" trialpha_red="[%TEAM_BG_COLOR]" trialpha_green="[%TEAM_BG_COLOR]" trialpha_blue="[%TEAM_BG_COLOR]" content="1979teambar.png" />

<ELEMENT type="text" x="55" y="231" width="100" height="24" align="shrink" valign="middle" zorder="8" font_name="verabd" font_color="[%TEAM_TEXT_COLOR]" font_x_size="15" font_y_size="14" content="[%TEAM_NICK]" />

<ELEMENT type="text" x="35" y="223" width="140" height="9" align="shrink"  zorder="20" font_name="vera" font_color="#000000" font_x_size="10" font_y_size="9" content="[%PERSON_NAME]" />

<ELEMENT type="text" x="177" y="223" width="140" height="9" align="left" zorder="25" font_name="vera" font_color="#000000" font_x_size="10" font_y_size="9" content="[%POSITION_SHORT]" />
Old 08-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #11
brewdog
Minors (Triple A)

my adjustment

<ELEMENT type="image" x="5" y="223" width="180" height="30" zorder="1" trialpha_red="[%TEAM_BG_COLOR]" trialpha_green="[%TEAM_BG_COLOR]" trialpha_blue="[%TEAM_BG_COLOR]" content="1979teambar.png" />
Old 08-06-2010, 01:21 AM   #12
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiesenberg View Post
For those that were having problems with the Default Card, I have double checked on my end and have been unable to duplicate the problem.

Below is the current XML Content that is being used with my cards (I did add one line of XML, but it's unrelated to the problem).

Erase the current section titled <!-- Photo Data - Front of Card --> and replace it with what is below. If the problem remains, let me know and I will have to dig a little deeper.

HTML Code:

<ELEMENT type="image" x="5" y="16" width="180" height="215" zorder="1" content="PICTURE" />

<ELEMENT type="image" x="5" y="43" width="180" height="210" zorder="1" trialpha_red="[%TEAM_BG_COLOR]" trialpha_green="[%TEAM_BG_COLOR]" trialpha_blue="[%TEAM_BG_COLOR]" content="1979teambar.png" />

<ELEMENT type="text" x="55" y="231" width="100" height="24" align="shrink" valign="middle" zorder="8" font_name="verabd" font_color="[%TEAM_TEXT_COLOR]" font_x_size="15" font_y_size="14" content="[%TEAM_NICK]" />

<ELEMENT type="text" x="35" y="223" width="140" height="9" align="shrink"  zorder="20" font_name="vera" font_color="#000000" font_x_size="10" font_y_size="9" content="[%PERSON_NAME]" />

<ELEMENT type="text" x="177" y="223" width="140" height="9" align="left" zorder="25" font_name="vera" font_color="#000000" font_x_size="10" font_y_size="9" content="[%POSITION_SHORT]" />
I can see the problem:

ELEMENT type="image" x="5" y="16" width="180" height="215" zorder="1" content="PICTURE"

ELEMENT type="image" x="5" y="43" width="180" height="210" zorder="1" trialpha_red="[%TEAM_BG_COLOR]" trialpha_green="[%TEAM_BG_COLOR]" trialpha_blue="[%TEAM_BG_COLOR]" content="1979teambar.png" /

The z-order is the same for both. They shouldn't be the same. I believe that the program is forced to choose which one is on top. Sometimes it chooses correctly, sometimes it chooses incorrectly.

Changing the height too, as brewdog suggested, could help the problem too. The field you're making is a bit too large, I think.

But in general, you'd need to fix the problem one of those two ways, you needn't do both.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:13 PM   #13
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiesenberg View Post

HTML Code:

Just an FYI, using this code (and changing the zorders so the image and teambar aren't on the same level) worked for me.
udbacker58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #14
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

Anyone have a link to the 79 file?

Dcc
Old 03-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #15
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

I looked through everything I have and I can't find it anywhere.

I am starting to wonder if I ever had it!
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #16
klavier
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpcarmona View Post
Anyone have a link to the 79 file?

Dcc

Too big to attach so I threw it on mediafire for now, hope that's okay.
1979 topps.zip
klavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #17
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

Sweet, thanks!