Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Baseball Cards (2 screenshots)

screenshot 1: default

screenshot 2: modified (credit: BMW)

note: at present, the baseball card does not keep track of all seasons (only current season and career total)
Attached Images
Image Image 
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
battists
Hall Of Famer

Note: pstrickert posted this with my permission!
Old 04-09-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Ok, thanks. Are they customizable at all?
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Cool! Next question: are these customizeable at all?
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
battists
Hall Of Famer

Well, as you can see from BMW's version, you can certainly customize the template.

In terms of content, there is not much content there to customize. You can't add additional stuff that's not in those samples.

But, we have a whole mess of cool ideas for how to make these better, we just didn't have enough time in this cycle to implement them all. I'm SURE you guys will give us more ideas too.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #6
CD1083
All Star Starter

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was hoping for some action shots....that would have been a much bigger endeavour I'm sure. This looks like it could be useful however.
CD1083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #7
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Davis View Post
I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was hoping for some action shots....that would have been a much bigger endeavour I'm sure. This looks like it could be useful however.
Action shots? Really? The game doesn't even do action shots.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #8
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Although I'm not sure I'd use it, I think it would be cool to replicate baseball cards of the past.

The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Old 04-09-2010, 04:08 PM   #9
CD1083
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
Action shots? Really? The game doesn't even do action shots.
I said hoping, not expecting.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:10 PM   #10
robc
Hall Of Famer

I won't be making use of this feature but it seems like it would be nice to fit more stats on the back. Is that possible?
robc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #11
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc View Post
I won't be making use of this feature but it seems like it would be nice to fit more stats on the back. Is that possible?
No, not in "Phase 1" of our Evil Plan.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #12
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
No, not in "Phase 1" of our Evil Plan.
I thought Phase 1 was answering questions when you could be WORKING ON YOUR MANUAL. : angry::a ngry::an gry::ang ry::angr y::angry : : angry::a ngry:
Old 04-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #13
CD1083
All Star Starter

I thought Phase 1 was Head to Head.

So many phases to an evil plan
Old 04-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #14
kq76
Global Moderator

For those who are really looking forward to these, I was wondering if you could say why. I don't at all mean to complain about it (if people are really looking forward to them then great), but I just don't get the appeal. I can't even remember exactly the appeal real baseball cards had to me as a kid and I certainly collected my fair share. Is there the hope that one day these will be doled out based on certain goals you achieve in the game? As a kid I think that was the appeal to me, you tried to collect your favourites or even all of them, but unless you were rich you couldn't just go buy the entire box or print them all out as might be the case here.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #15
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

Will these appear in news stories or what?
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #16
CD1083
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
For those who are really looking forward to these, I was wondering if you could say why. I don't at all mean to complain about it (if people are really looking forward to them then great), but I just don't get the appeal. I can't even remember exactly the appeal real baseball cards had to me as a kid and I certainly collected my fair share. Is there the hope that one day these will be doled out based on certain goals you achieve in the game? As a kid I think that was the appeal to me, you tried to collect your favourites or even all of them, but unless you were rich you couldn't just go buy the entire box or print them all out as might be the case here.
I'm curious to this as well. I was interested when I thought it might be more than the profile pic we already see. I can see how this might useful for online leagues though.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #17
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
For those who are really looking forward to these, I was wondering if you could say why.
I don't think it has anything to do with us looking forward to it. This game is huge, so huge it has its own gravity well, and it is slowly pulling toward it all the baseball paraphernalia and memorabilia and sundry other pieces of nostalgic debris that we have all accumulated over the years. This game will eventually become a total baseball experience, with walk-up music, baseball cards, tobacco stains, peanut shells, empty popcorn cartons, groupies, etc., until finally we will become exclusively citizens of Markus' baseball world, unable to speak to our friends and loved ones except during the offseason, and even then, only by appointment.

Yes, it really is that advanced and dire a condition.

Last edited by sfnate; 04-09-2010 at 04:56 PM.
sfnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #18
robc
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree. I imagine these appeal to the players who like to create stories for their players. I think this just adds to their immersion. It isn't my thing, but I am glad people have different ways they enjoy the game. To me this is just a stretegy game in a baseball setting.
robc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #19
Stats_Enthusiast
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
imo, the appeal is great for online leagues... plus, if you are web savvy and want to create a HOF page... you could use these for that purpose... plus you can get people of this community trading e-players cards, or posting who their favorite players are, etc... it's really a very cool thing!
NFL - Bears
Stats_Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #20
Tim Tellean
Minors (Triple A)

I like the way these look. Simple to the point.
I do wonder how this works with real players and there images.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote