Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 12-26-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Overall Team Rating?

I'll either appear obviously stupid, or someone might be able to offer up a suggestion. Better yet, a mod!

I'm looking for a way to give teams an overall rating by gathering the OVR (possibly POT) ratings of the pitching staff (1 value), hitters (2nd value), and fielding capabilities (3rd value, though likely not as "valued") from the 25 man roster. The farm system already has a rating system available, but - to the best of my knowledge - the major league level does not, except the individual position rankings by team OR by position. Perhaps the table that provides these rankings could be gleaned for its data instead of the player ratings proper to achieve this end.

One function of such a rating would be to assist with pre-season prediction commentaries that otherwise take a great deal of time physically looking at each team's rosters. While not perfect in conception, it may provide for a quick look at front-runners. It'd also be a welcome companion - aside from the simple Standings report - to assist in determining how much boost you're offering or receiving in trades.

Rough idea I've had in some scratch notes. Just wanted to get it out there for some thoughts.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

An addition that I would welcome would be a Win Shares module of some sort that would not require a lot of data entry. This would fill your need for pre-season analysis and trades. It would be ideal to have this mod set up for last years scores, 3 and 5 year scores and career averages and career totals. While some people don't feel that win shares are an accurate rating I am one who feels that this is a great tool for past seasons ratings and for trade analysis.

Just an idea and one that would be cool to have in the almanac or history files when the season end pages are being made.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Have you checked out this TeamRater thingy?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...teamrater.html

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor View Post
Have you checked out this TeamRater thingy?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...teamrater.html
I did download that and posted in that thread about not being able to get it to work. I don't know if there's been a response there yet or not. But it does look like it would serve the purpose of the OP.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:33 AM   #5
siddharth
Minors (Single A)

can someone re upload it because the page been removed
siddharth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:30 PM   #6
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharth View Post
can someone re upload it because the page been removed
You gotta stop bumping years old threads, man.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote