Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 Online Leagues

OOTP 18 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 18 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:15 AM   #21
Monarch3
Minors (Single A)

Ah, did not know about the offline mode. Guess I just never needed it. Looks like I'll be going Steam as well.
Monarch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:42 AM   #22
MattyB
Bat Boy

Hey guys,

What teams are currently still open?
MattyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:05 PM   #23
MattyB
Bat Boy

Email sent: would love any team!
MattyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:39 PM   #24
AndrewWarren13
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Email sent as well. Would take any team available.
AndrewWarren13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:09 PM   #25
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

There may be an opening or two. Just waiting to hear back from the current GMs on whether they're migrating to 18 or not. I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Read the story of the Barrell Family - A Figment Baseball tale

The Figment Sports Universe - More Fake Sports Than You Can Shake a Stick At!
legendsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:17 AM   #26
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

DWB has two teams available - the Twins and the Braves.

We're in 1968, just starting July.

Here are the links to the teams' HTML reports:

Minnesota Twins

Atlanta Braves

PM for more info, or to sign up.

Thanks!

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Old 08-07-2017, 06:28 PM   #27
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

We've just completed the 1968 regular season and are prepping for expansion. We have four openings as we get ready:

Boston Red Sox: Good team in what is going to be a very tough AL East. Had a tough year, but has some good talent headed up by Tony Conigliaro and Yaz with Gene Tenace and Darrell Evans on the farm.

Oakland A's: Young slugger Reggie Jackson heads up this club that has a ton of upside but hasn't quite matured yet. Joe Rudi, Vida Blue, Don Baylor and other youngsters on the verge. In the soon-to-be AL West, they should be contenders in the very near future.

St. Louis Cardinals: The 1967 champs couldn't repeat, but the cupboard is anything but bare. Bob Gibson heads the strong pitching staff and the lineup has one of the league's best young catchers (John Ellis) and Roy White and Mike Shannon are cornerstone stars. Probably the favorites for '69 in the NL East.

Philadelphia Phillies: Perennial contenders will lock horns with the Cards for NL East supremacy in '69 and beyond. Awesome starting pitching headed by Chris Short, and a strong lineup with young Bobby Bonds, Dick Allen and Mike Epstein providing serious pop.

If you're interested in getting one of these good teams, please let me know via PM. We're hoping to get the expansion draft done later this week or early next week so ideally we'd find GMs for these teams to avoid having the AI do their protected lists.

Thanks for checking out Dugout Wizards!

Old 08-07-2017, 11:16 PM   #28
dickysty
Major Leagues

Is this a recalc league?
dickysty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:52 PM   #29
mjj55409
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickysty View Post
Is this a recalc league?
No recalc.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:36 PM   #30
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

The four openings I posted the other day have been filled.

Expansion draft is coming this weekend, but I just had two GMs drop out.

If anyone wants to sign on, these are the available teams:

Atlanta Braves - The Braves have struggled with injuries and absentee management. The cupboard here is far from bare on a team that went 80-82 with the AI running the team for the bulk of the season. Hank Aaron's here, along with Eddie Mathews. Both are getting a bit long in the tooth, but are still dangerous. Atlanta also has Phil Niekro and Joe Torre both entering their primes and plenty of young talent like Ralph Garr, Bill Russell and Willie Montanez. On the farm is Ron Cey, currently the #14 ranked prospect in all of baseball. There's a lot to like here, and good options for a rebuild in place or a tear-it-down and build around youth approach.

Minnesota Twins - If you're looking for a challenge, this one's for you. The team lost 110 games, so the bad news is that obviously they're not good. The good news is that they have the #1 pick in the next draft. What they also have is the #3 ranked pitching prospect in Ken Brett. Other recognizable names on the Twins farm include slugger Greg Luzinski & pitcher Gary Gentry. On the big-league side the team does have young Catfish Hunter with a ton of upside as well as some remaining holdovers from their mid-60s contending clubs including Tony Oliva, Camilo Pascual and Don Mincher. If you're wondering, Harmon Killebrew was traded away (for Ken Brett). So this is a good team for a builder-type GM. They'll also be in the AL West with the two AL expansion teams, so this may be an easier turnaround than it would be in the East, which looks like it will be a much tougher division.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #31
Monarch3
Minors (Single A)

Really top notch league. This was the first OOTP league I ever participated in and what a great experience it has been. The commissioner is really on top of things and all the other GMs are great and fun to be with on slack.

So, whether you are a veteran or rookie with OOTP, this league is fantastic!
Monarch3 is offline   Reply With Quote