Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:47 PM   #1
MorrisButtermaker
Minors (Single A)

I contacted customer support 30days ago

I contacted customer support 30 days ago. A ticket was opened but I have not gotten a helpful answer back. Is this typical?

Ticket ID: 26536
Subject: I am having major problems with the game
Department: Out of the Park Baseball
Type: Issue
Priority: Medium

Since my ticket was given a "medium" priority classification, I can't imagine how long my wait would have to be if I had been given a "low" priority.
MorrisButtermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:36 PM   #2
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Details?
Perhaps one or some of the experienced forum members could help.
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:59 PM   #3
Harry Hibbs
Minors (Double A)

Hi Morris, might have been better to be more specific? What's up, maybe we can help?
Harry Hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:26 PM   #4
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Try messaging Lukas http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...er.php?u=19488
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:18 PM   #5
MorrisButtermaker
Minors (Single A)

more details

I created a league that included all the teams from the Pacific Coast league in 1946. Since then I have been trying to change one of the teams over to a 1946 semipro team called the Brooklyn Bushwicks. I have been importing some players as historical free agents. Others I have had to create from scratch. I’ve had to do an enormous amount of roster editing. I have yet to play a single game in the league besides an exhibition contest. What I’m finding is the player's ratings fluctuate back and forth between two sets of ratings. When I load the game I never know which one of the two sets of ratings will be reflected in the game. When I exit the game, go back to the OOTP start screen, and load the game again the ratings always switch over to the other set. I am also finding that when I import the exact same historical free agent with all the variables the same on multiple occasions within this same league I get very different player overall ratings. I assume there’s no element of randomness in overall rating in importing historical free agents and so when I import the same player under the same options in the same league he should be the same every time. I have not started league play. It is still March 10, 1946. I believe I set the scouting options as I should have done when I created the league. I have also found that when I import an historical free agent who is part of the default free agent pool he can come in with a a very, very different overall rating. I would appreciate any and all helpful information anyone can provide me.

Here is an update: “I tried uninstalling and reinstalling OOTP Baseball 20 and now the problems have gotten much worse.I am now seeing fluctuations in overall rating of as much as 50 points when I start the same league/game using all of the same variables and parameters. I have never progressed passed day 1 in these leagues/games. They have all been 1946 AAA leagues accept for two NNLs. Some free agents that should be part of the free agent pool are only appearing in the pool some of the time. Tony Cuccinello is always listed as the top free agent available. I think he should have an overall rating of 71 based upon the very first game I started. He is now coming in with an overall rating in the low 20s.

Last edited by MorrisButtermaker; 06-06-2019 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:21 PM   #6
MorrisButtermaker
Minors (Single A)

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Thanks. If I do not hear back soon I will contact him.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:22 PM   #7
MorrisButtermaker
Minors (Single A)

Thanks. See my updated post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hibbs View Post
Hi Morris, might have been better to be more specific? What's up, maybe we can help?
Thanks. See my updated post. It is very nice of you to try to help.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:23 PM   #8
MorrisButtermaker
Minors (Single A)

Thanks. I posted an update on my problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_L View Post
Details?
Perhaps one or some of the experienced forum members could help.
Thanks. I posted an update on my problem.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:26 AM   #9
Harry Hibbs
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisButtermaker View Post
Thanks. See my updated post. It is very nice of you to try to help.
Ok that's quite a complex issue. I don't have experience of setting up custom leagues. The historical free agent that you are testing with certainly seems to be subject to some randomization of his ratings when imported. Maybe have a close look at all your league settings to see if you can find what's causing it? Sorry, not much help.
Harry Hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:13 PM   #10
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hibbs View Post
Ok that's quite a complex issue. I don't have experience of setting up custom leagues. The historical free agent that you are testing with certainly seems to be subject to some randomization of his ratings when imported. Maybe have a close look at all your league settings to see if you can find what's causing it? Sorry, not much help.
Scout?? Your scout vs OOTP scout? Just pondering....
Old 06-07-2019, 03:14 PM   #11
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Thanks. If I do not hear back soon I will contact him.
If your run rescout - do ratings change?
Old 06-07-2019, 10:54 PM   #12
MorrisButtermaker
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by david limbaugh View Post
Scout?? Your scout vs OOTP scout? Just pondering....
I do not think it is scouting but I will take another look at scouting. The thing of it is my league has not advanced beyond day one and if was scouting I can't see how it would be switching back and forth between two sets of ratings each time I load the game. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:55 PM   #13
MorrisButtermaker
Minors (Single A)

I will check this. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david limbaugh View Post
If your run rescout - do ratings change?
I will check this. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:42 PM   #14
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I do not think it is scouting but I will take another look at scouting. The thing of it is my league has not advanced beyond day one and if was scouting I can't see how it would be switching back and forth between two sets of ratings each time I load the game. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I go back and forth between a fictional league and an historical league. The historical league does not have scouting, so sometimes when I go back to my fictional league, the player ratings shown by default are of the OSA as opposed to my scout, which are different. I'd check there first just to make sure as it does sound like what I'm seeing from time to time.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:35 AM   #15
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldur00 View Post
I go back and forth between a fictional league and an historical league. The historical league does not have scouting, so sometimes when I go back to my fictional league, the player ratings shown by default are of the OSA as opposed to my scout, which are different. I'd check there first just to make sure as it does sound like what I'm seeing from time to time.
I asked Markus years ago to make the default "act as" the team you choose to look at so your scout is always the one being used for seeing ratings...