Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:51 PM   #1
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Are Many People Seeing odd Roster Moves Still?

I dont think i have seen too many odd roster moves in 19 compared to 17 & 18 but this one struck me as odd. Maybe its just an anomaly. They signed dibble, released him then signed him to the same contract a month later.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 07:53 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

released him again 2 days later.

"Stay Strong"

Old 01-01-2019, 08:04 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Signed by Milwaukee 2/23 released 2/24

"Stay Strong"

Old 01-01-2019, 08:07 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Duplicate post.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 01-01-2019 at 08:09 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:09 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

That's a known bug that occurs with specific roster limits. I can't remember what they were.

Search "sign and release". Surprised you don't know about this, having been around a while.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 01-02-2019, 09:17 AM   #6
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

One odd thing I'm seeing over and over again, is the season starting with around 2-5 solid free agents remaining unsigned. Most often these are stud relief pitchers. For example, in my current random debut league, Aroldis Chapman and Dennis Eckersly were both free agents at the end of the first season. When the second season began, they had yet to sign with a team. Both did sign in during the month of April. After the second season, both Eckersly and Chapman were free agents again. The same thing repeated itself, as both remained unsigned and signed in April after the season was underway. Anyone else seeing this?
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:19 AM   #7
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
One odd thing I'm seeing over and over again, is the season starting with around 2-5 solid free agents remaining unsigned. Most often these are stud relief pitchers. For example, in my current random debut league, Aroldis Chapman and Dennis Eckersly were both free agents at the end of the first season. When the second season began, they had yet to sign with a team. Both did sign in during the month of April. After the second season, both Eckersly and Chapman were free agents again. The same thing repeated itself, as both remained unsigned and signed in April after the season was underway. Anyone else seeing this?
I see this happening, but it seems that during spring training there becomes a 1 yr bidding war for relief pitchers
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:29 AM   #8
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
I see this happening, but it seems that during spring training there becomes a 1 yr bidding war for relief pitchers
Ah, I don't use spring training, so maybe my bidding war gets pushed into April.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:13 PM   #9
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Ah, I don't use spring training, so maybe my bidding war gets pushed into April.
Even with spring training they don't eventually sign until early April for some of the players.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:18 PM   #10
Drstrangelove
Major Leagues

I don't have that issue. On opening day, there are a handful of contracts (9) being offered by the AI. The best remaining FAs are 55/80, 44/80 and 43/80. On average, teams have spending room of ~$30 million per team. In my view, that means that most FA's are still unsigned because they aren't wanted, not because they are exceptional talents holding out for more money or because teams are broke.

No contract offer (by teams) and no demand (by players) exceeds $1.6 million. I imagine one can set up a league to generate low demand (low quality players, reduced money supply, etc.) or excessive player supply, such that much better players than those will still be around, unsigned and demanding more money.

Last edited by Drstrangelove; 01-02-2019 at 03:50 PM.
Drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:37 PM   #11
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drstrangelove View Post
In my league, by opening day, there's only 9 contracts being offered. The best remaining FAs are 55/80, 44/80 and 43/80. That means that most FA's are still unsigned because no one wants them, not because they are holding out for more money. No contract offer (by teams) and no demand (by players) exceeds $1.6 million. I imagine one can set up a league to generate low demand (low quality players, reduced money supply, etc.) or excessive player supply, such that much better players than those will still be around, unsigned and demanding more money. Imo, having unsigned players is a symptom, not the problem.
Have you tried offering contracts to said players. There demands on the front page do drop in time, but that does not mean they do not have contracts of higher value being offered.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:53 PM   #12
Drstrangelove
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
Have you tried offering contracts to said players. There demands on the front page do drop in time, but that does not mean they do not have contracts of higher value being offered.
Just to be clear, I was saying that I looked at what each team was offering AND what the players were asking for. The teams aren't offering more than $.9 mill to $1.6 mill to anyone. And none of the players are asking for more than that.

Last edited by Drstrangelove; 01-02-2019 at 03:54 PM.
Drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:33 PM   #13
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
That's a known bug that occurs with specific roster limits. I can't remember what they were.

Search "sign and release". Surprised you don't know about this, having been around a while.
I havent see too many posts on this for 19 just 18 & 17.

"Stay Strong"

Old 01-03-2019, 07:20 PM   #14
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I havent see too many posts on this for 19 just 18 & 17.
It's an occasional annoyance that has existed since V5 and V6. I believe the fix is to have no roster limits at your lowest minor league level.

RichW

Old 01-06-2019, 04:16 PM   #15
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
It's an occasional annoyance that has existed since V5 and V6. I believe the fix is to have no roster limits at your lowest minor league level.
i dont have roster limits for the lowest minor leagues so thats not it.

"Stay Strong"