Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-30-2018, 02:03 PM   #1
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Simplest way to edit player contracts

I export the rosters to a txt file. That's comma delimited I believe. I open that in excel and I can easily edit contract years and amount, but when I go to save it from excel, I can't save as a text. So, I save it as comma delimited csv file, then change to txt file.

Upon import, the league's players disappear.

Can someone give me some advice on doing this without editing each player in game one by one?
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:52 AM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
I export the rosters to a txt file. That's comma delimited I believe. I open that in excel and I can easily edit contract years and amount, but when I go to save it from excel, I can't save as a text. So, I save it as comma delimited csv file, then change to txt file.

Upon import, the league's players disappear.

Can someone give me some advice on doing this without editing each player in game one by one?
i don't recall what the default delimiter is in ootp... just match what the csv file is when it gets spit out originally.

a csv is a text file, no worries... you do have to worry about the UTF-... encoding. i do not recall which one retains the accents offhand. anyway, if youopened the file, it should save as the same type, i'd think. if oyu get oddities where an accent might be, then just reseave and re-import.

you can change contracts and years, but you cannot add or delete players themselves, if oyu did that, that might cause a problem. even that likely doesn't matter, but you never know. as long as it's consistent you should be fine.

not sure why it broke on import... something is wrong in the file, probably. formatting etc. start fresh, make sure you don't miss a comma or whatever delimiter you chose when editing.

unless you are using some script or macro in excel, it may be just as fast to turn comissioner mode on and do it in the in-game editor... shortlist the players you want to edit... make the edits, and press down arrow key to go to next profile in list... do shortlists by value of contract and make use of repeated copy/paste even after you go to next profile.

Last edited by NoOne; 12-31-2018 at 02:55 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 10:16 AM   #3
Benchmark
Minors (Single A)

I work on import/export a lot. I sounds like you are doing it correctly. It is probably one of the following two things.

1.File formatting has changed.(Delete teams at top or changed ID)
2. You saved it as another CSV,text or worksheet.

I would open the file and review the formatting and if it looks correct, try again. Verify how you save it so you know that is not the problem. Or I would go to the trash bin and restore your previous file and re-import that to get you back to where you started and then cut and paste your contract work into this new file and see if it is formatting. Usually it's just something you changed in formatting or saved wrong. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Benchmark; 12-31-2018 at 10:16 AM. Reason: s
Benchmark is offline   Reply With Quote