Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-17-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

Separate Force Role and Force Start

Hypothetically, I have Kershaw on my team as the "ace". I also have a young pitcher I want in the rotation that my manager refuses to take out of the bullpen. If I force his role as a SP, it automatically makes him the "ace" and bumps Kershaw to #2 in the rotation... but I just want the guy in the rotation, not at the top of it.

Or better yet, an option to force a specific spot in the rotation... but that's not entirely necessary. I'd just like to be able to tell my manager "hey, I want to see this guy in the rotation. I don't care which spot you put him in, just get him out of the bullpen."
bigd51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:59 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Agreed and for batters I'd like force start to be set by pitcher handedness.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:03 PM   #3
kq76
Global Moderator

Hear, hear. Plus, anyone who knows how to correctly spell separate deserves to get their feature request implemented!
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:16 PM   #4
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Agreed and for batters I'd like force start to be set by pitcher handedness.
This too would be nice.

And I was thinking (and posted in another thread just now), give us two options for position players; Force Start by handedness (per your suggestion) and Force Utility.

If you choose Force Utility, they could have check-boxes for every position that you can mark and have the manager force him into a utility role at whichever positions you choose. So if I check SS, 3B, and 1B, the manager plugs him in the Utility #1 slots at SS, 3B, and 1B.
bigd51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:33 PM   #5
theRKF
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51 View Post
If I force his role as a SP, it automatically makes him the "ace" and bumps Kershaw to #2 in the rotation... but I just want the guy in the rotation, not at the top of it.
I had the same problem, and solved it by Force Starting all my five starters. That puts them in equal standing for the manager, and he then sorts the five starters by skill as usual.
theRKF is offline   Reply With Quote