Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:26 PM   #41
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Does anyone know the needed codes for the following Japanese players, by any chance?

Senichi Hoshino
Shinichi Eto
Morimichi Takagi
Masahiro Yamamoto
Shigeru Makino
Yoshio Yoshida
Kenjiro Tamiya
Yutaka Enatsu
Masayuki Kakefu
Minoru Murayama
Tomoaki Kanemoto
Sachio Kinugasa
Yoshiro Sotokoba
Koji Yamamoto
Manabu Kitabeppu
Ryohei Hasegawa
Yutaka Ono
Tsunemi Tsuda
Atsuya Furuta
Tsutomo Wakamatsu
Kazuhisa Ishii
Shingo Takatsu
Hiroshi Matsuoka
Masaichi Kaneda
Tomehiro Kaneda
Yasumitsu Toyoda
Masaji Hiramatsu
Hitoshi Tamura
Takuro Ishii
Makoto Matsubara
Noburo Akiyama
Noburo Aota
Shigeo Nagashima
Tatsunori Hara
Masaki Mori
Hiroshi Nakao
Motoshi Fujita
Wally Yonamine
Eiji Sawamura
Victor Starffin
Tatsuro Hiroka
Hiromitsu Ochiai
Choji Murata
Kihachi Enomoto
Shosei Go
Nobuhiko Matsunaka
Kazumi Saito
Hiroki Kokubo
Yoshinori Hirose
Kohei Sugiyama
Chusuke/Tadasuke Kizuka
Hiromitsu Kodota
Mutsuo Minagawa
Katsuyo Nomura
Michihiro Ogasawara
Shohei Otani
Yukio Tanaka (IF)
Yukio Tanaka (P)
Masayuki Dobashi
Isao Harimoto
Hiroshi O$h!ta (would probably be pronounced Oh-she-ta or something similar, in most places, I think)
Hideji Kato
Tetsuya Yoneda
Yutaka Fukumoto
Tokuji/Atsushi Nagaike
Hisashi Yamada
Takao Kajimoto
Keishi Suzuki
Norihiro nakamura
Tsutomu Ito
Kimiyasu Kudoh/Kudo?
Koji Akiyama
Osamu Higashio
Kazuhisa Inao

Those are most of the ones I've been able to so far look at to a small degree, perhaps, with their BB-Ref Bullpen articles and/or their register pages, I think. At least in terms of possibly being connected with the Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame, that is. But I've not yet been able to import them using their known BB-Ref IDs, if I remember correctly enough here, folks. Please advise, and if you know the above players' required import codes, please let me know, if and when you like and can. Thanks. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 03-14-2018 at 08:29 PM. Reason: censor blipped out part of a Japanese player name
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:15 AM   #42
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

... they (or many) are in Sprtize data base, which can be found on the mods section of this forum, under databases. it is called Sprtize DB's for OOTP 11. the link for download is on one of the last pages, as i recall, which is over 50 pages currently. i have no time to search exactly where or whom or what at this time.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:29 AM   #43
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I've only been able to find Oh so far, and not any of the others, at least in the database, even if I've seen at least a few of them elsewhere. But when I've tried using their BB-Ref IDs, often the import attempts don't seem to work for some reason. CD out.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:35 AM   #44
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

They are in the Spritze database, all i can say.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen

Last edited by mitchkenn; 03-15-2018 at 08:37 AM. Reason: edit confusion
Old 03-15-2018, 09:00 AM   #45
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
MLB would have the classic 16 teams from the NL and AL, while the AFBU would have the other fourteen current MLB teams and two other teams to balance out the MLB's league setup, with the other two teams being the New Jersey Generals and Chicago Whales of the Federal League.

The Continental League teams would be the Diamondbacks, the Angels, the Rockies, the Colt 45's/Astros, the Royals, the Padres, the Mariners, and the Rangers, while the Federal League would consist of the Whales, the Marlins, the Brewers, the Expos, the Generals, the Mets, the Devil Rays, and the Blue Jays. Of course, the NL and AL would have the proper teams as well for each of them.

As for parks to eventually use for each of those 32 teams, if and when I can ever get this thing totally set up as needed and desired here, what parks would you recommend for possible use for each of those teams? For the older teams, at the very least, I'd really like to use more classic stadiums, if possible. And not necessarily the current ones either, for that matter. Please advise, if and when you like. CD outl
Reposting part of a post because my question about parks to perhaps use was not answered earlier. Please advise. Thank you. CD out.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:58 AM   #46
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
I've only been able to find Oh so far, and not any of the others, at least in the database, even if I've seen at least a few of them elsewhere. But when I've tried using their BB-Ref IDs, often the import attempts don't seem to work for some reason. CD out.
The Spritze database included Japanese players several years before they showed up on BBref. That is why they do not use BBref ID's.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:27 PM   #47
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Sounds logical to me, then, why the IDs may not match in certain cases here. Thank you for telling us this when we may not have yet been aware of that fact, or reminding us, if we possibly were already aware of it, Mr. Spritze. Then I guess I'm going to have to try to dig into that database and try to find the players I might have in mind, if they never actually appeared in MLB at some point, at least, if not other MLB-related leagues as well. It will probably take a good while, then, to make up several appropriate enough draft pool files, I suppose, for those who might be interested in doing such things for their own potential or already-existing leagues. CD out.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:52 PM   #48
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I have also noted that when two or more players have the same exact name, regardless if they're in the same league or not with each other, that when you try to make baseball cards, at least one of the players doesn't often seem to be able to keep their card for a particular year, as part of their respective baseball card history or histories. At least if they're playing at the same time in their playing careers, anyway, if not sharing common names at various times in baseball history, whether that history is entirely historical, entirely fictional, or somewhere in-between, if I'm not too mistaken here, for a particular saved game world or universe, for some yet-unknown reason or reasons. Should that be the case, or is that due to at least one possible programming/coding error for the game?

As for the known issue for players from Israel, at least lately, I have been choosing to not restrict player and coach names to just Arabic ones, but I have also edited the nation of Israel in-game at times to permit usage of other current namesets besides Arabic for player and coach names. ones like United States Modern, French, Greek, and Italian names, to name just a few such namesets, seeing as many people from various nations in the world have begun and continued to make aliyah back to their ancestral homeland of Israel. I have also reduced the potential frequency of Arabic names occurring as well by reducing the ratio that is typically used for such names to at least some degree, so that there is a higher chance of other names being selected for people from Israel in the game.

Of course, I have not been able to make the in-game changes permanent, for I have not actually altered the related names files, et cetera, at all, or at least not yet, anyway. I would like to know how, though, I could perhaps transfer cities/states/provinces listed under one country, say maybe Germany, for example, to another country, say the Netherlands, for another example, in a particular file or number of files, so that I could better tailor games as circumstances might require, et cetera. Any suggestions, people? I'd really like to know, if possible. For I might, for instance, need to alter a nation or nations so that if there is a foreigners limit for teams in certain leagues, that all teams are on as level a playing field as possible for teams in any such affected league.

I have in mind, for example, in a possible Israel or Israelite Baseball League, the possibility of increasing the league to two six-team divisions/conferences/subleagues, in time, but some of the places in question are currently listed as being located in Palestine, when actually no such nation currently exists in the world, officially, as an independent nation or people, et cetera. But to do so, Hebron, for instance, would have to be listed as part of Israel, and it isn't, at least in terms of OOTP and elsewhere, politics and and other related cultural issues aside. I'd love to be able to have a team like the Hebron Patriarchs, for instance, in an Israel-themed league, at some point, but that's currently not possible for me, apparently, at least as far as I can presently see here.

I don't want to get into political discussions related to the current Israelite/Arab conflict of sorts here, or at least not in this thread, but I do want to also know, at least, how I might potentially be able to change the names of places and countries certain places may be listed under at any time, if certain circumstances related to real and/or fictional nations ever warranted the transfer of places from one country to another, for any or all nations/worlds/whatever in a particular game world/universe. And others may want to know how they can do that as well, if they don't already know, of course, I think.

Thank you for your time and attention here, then, everyone. Please advise, if and when you like and can. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 03-15-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:39 PM   #49
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

screen where your GM or Manager is.
click on GAME. drop down menu show EXPLORE WORLD.
all nations in the game are listed.
click on any nation. screen opens to details of country, listing all the cities in the game for that country.
you can edit any city, or add (create a new) city if one is missing you want, or you simply wanted to create a new city. i do not find an option to delete an exisiting city though.
So you could not delete Hebron from Palestine and add it to Israel. However, you could add a city of Hebron to Israel using the data from the one in Palestine.

if you search the boards, i recall somewhere there being a thread about editing the world data file.
i have never looked into it, as it has little use for my current game. But it may be helpful to what you may want to do. i recall that is where you could add or create new countries to your game.
But as i said, i do not know for certain as it isn't something i have looked into.

https://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com...18&page=ootp18
The on-line manual covers much of this and has a page on how to customize the OOTP world database.
http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...player_origins

sometimes in the manual you can find good information i have discovered.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 03-15-2018 at 08:41 PM. Reason: add links
Old 03-18-2018, 03:46 PM   #50
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to keep it in mind. I'd also like to see what you might think of my current choices for possible members of various teams' potential 25-man and/or 40-man rosters in another related thread here, mitchkenn. Even if you may not agree with at least some of the current picks, at least to a degree, I'd still like to see what you might think of them, if possible. That, of course, goes for the rest of you, by the way.

For instance, ActionJackson, what would you think of people like Cool Papa Bell, Greg Vaughn, and Shawn Green, to name just a few people, as possibly being on my potential version of the Toronto Blue Jays' 40-man team roster, at least? Just wondering, that's all. Of course, there are a lot more players I have in mind currently as possible members of the Blue Jays and/or any number of other teams, either as members of their 25-man or 40-man rosters, at best, if not just members of their overall organizations as well.

Looking forward to seeing what the rest of you might perhaps think about my choices here, then, everyone. Should probably get back to doing some more housework, I think, very soon, if not now, in truth. CD out.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:50 AM   #51
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Still can't import certain historical Japanese players into any of my games, for some yet-unknown reason, not even Oh, for example, as a test, unfortunately, and even while trying to examine the Spritze database for the proper code or codes, et cetera, for certain players. Can anyone help me, please, with perhaps letting me know what the proper codes for the Japanese players I mentioned above are, as well as for Sadaharu Oh, by any possible chance here at all? I've tried searching through at least the Spritze DB, but have not yet been successful in even importing a SINGLE player from it, IIRC.

Thank you for your time and attention here, and any possible help and/or advice you may have here, as well, in terms of being able to potentially later import players from at least that database, et cetera, folks. I hope to talk more to you soon, of course. CD out.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:57 PM   #52
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

It also seems to me that many of the numbers the related game's players are given are quite unexpectedly different than they probably should be. And I'm not sure just what numbers to assign to many of the players listed above, especially when certain numbers were likely shared in franchises' histories between certain players in each of them.

Any suggestions on how to deal with the assigning of uniform numbers to most, if not all, of the players listed above, by any chance, people? This is one thing that will probably delay the possible completion of this particular project here, I think, if I'm not too mistaken here at all. I realize that Yogi Berra and Bill Dickey, for instance, obviously won't be able to share a number. But still, I'd really like players' assigned numbers to be reasonably logical and realistic and all, as much as possible, if at all possible, for this project, at least for the first 32 teams, that is.

I will await your suggestions and comments and all about the things and people mentioned in this thread, and if anyone knows where I can perhaps find the necessary data to include historical managers in the game where and when possible, et cetera, I would really be most appreciative here, for sure. Please let me know if you can find them or if you know where they may be listed, et cetera, if you don't mind too much, folks.

I really want this particular BH-related project to have the best possible quality it can, once completed, if it ever is sufficiently completed, of course, folks. But it's still going to take quite a while to finish, I think, fortunately or unfortunately, as the case may then ultimately prove to be, for sure.

Okay, that's enough yakking for right here and right now, at least, perhaps. CD out.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:49 PM   #53
SamA29
Bat Boy

I would like to do something similar to the OP's idea. I started to fiddle around with it in OOTP18, I'm finding 19 to be a bit easier to navigate around (though coming from Strat it seems like trying to learn Chinese some days ).

I had downloaded Cooperstown's All Time Greats quickstart, but would like to modify the teams he created to add other players.

From mitchkenn's post above I take it that if I download the Spritze I can import players from that database into the ATG league, as long as that's where I point the import function to?

Also what program opens .odb files? I have Access 2013 and it tells me it's not a file it can open.

Sam
SamA29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:10 PM   #54
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I am currently having a problem, it seems, with importing Ed Nunez into my Baseball Heaven project's first amateur draft pool scheduled for December 1901 at present. When I try to import him as desired, using the practice others have suggested here in this thread for me to use to manually build a draft pool, it imports him as a 97-year-old, when he should be roughly 80 years younger than that, more or less, I think, as I then try to import him manually into the applicable draft pool, as recommended above for matters related to draft pools, et cetera.

This is the player I want to import into the applicable draft pool, if possible:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...unezed01.shtml. But it's showing him as a 97-year-old, with a birthdate of May 27, 1803, when on that record mentioned above, he first played professional baseball, albeit minor league baseball, during his age-16 year in 1979, evidently. He first played in the majors in 1982, which was his age-19 year, according to the same record.

I've tried manually importing him using his BB-Ref ID, and using 1978 as the season year, when he would have been 15/16 years old, depending on the current date in that year for him, as if he might have been potentially draft-eligible sometime during the various 1978 drafts, et cetera. But as I said, he is apparently importing as a 97-year-old with an apparent birthdate of May 27, 1803. Yet, when I then check the line in the editor that sets the birthdate for players, it currently has the year box somehow blank for some yet-still-unknown reason, and it shouldn't be, for sure, of course, even when a player is either imported or created for the game.

If anyone could help me out here with this matter related to Ed Nunez, please let me know. Thank you. CD out.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:07 PM   #55
mettrain
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Great questions and responses. I'm in a similar position trying to create a new league and have it import historical figures. Tons of questions regarding the Spritze DB, importing players in general, including negro league, etc. Sounds like OOTP19 has resolved many of the issues that the veterans on this thread created work-arounds for. Looking forward to benefiting from your experience!
mettrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:19 PM   #56
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Still no answer to my question regarding Ed Nunez here, and all, it seems, unfortunately. I really would like to be able to import him, at least, into a certain potential draft or a potentially future free agency pool as soon as possible, folks. But right now, or at least the last time I checked, I still wasn't able to do just that at all somehow. Please respond. Thank you. CD out.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:30 PM   #57
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am currently having a problem, it seems, with importing Ed Nunez into my Baseball Heaven project's first amateur draft pool scheduled for December 1901 at present. When I try to import him as desired, using the practice others have suggested here in this thread for me to use to manually build a draft pool, it imports him as a 97-year-old, when he should be roughly 80 years younger than that, more or less, I think, as I then try to import him manually into the applicable draft pool, as recommended above for matters related to draft pools, et cetera.

This is the player I want to import into the applicable draft pool, if possible:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...unezed01.shtml. But it's showing him as a 97-year-old, with a birthdate of May 27, 1803, when on that record mentioned above, he first played professional baseball, albeit minor league baseball, during his age-16 year in 1979, evidently. He first played in the majors in 1982, which was his age-19 year, according to the same record.

I've tried manually importing him using his BB-Ref ID, and using 1978 as the season year, when he would have been 15/16 years old, depending on the current date in that year for him, as if he might have been potentially draft-eligible sometime during the various 1978 drafts, et cetera. But as I said, he is apparently importing as a 97-year-old with an apparent birthdate of May 27, 1803. Yet, when I then check the line in the editor that sets the birthdate for players, it currently has the year box somehow blank for some yet-still-unknown reason, and it shouldn't be, for sure, of course, even when a player is either imported or created for the game.

If anyone could help me out here with this matter related to Ed Nunez, please let me know. Thank you. CD out.
Sounds like you used the wrong year to import him.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Last edited by The Game; 04-02-2018 at 10:36 PM.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:50 AM   #58
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Not if I were to import him into a draft pool at least a while before his debut season, it seems, according to advice given to me and/or others earlier in this thread. At least one person said you have to subtract one year from the desired season's year if you want them to appear in a league's draft pool, if I remember correctly.

And seeing as I'm often trying to make sure that the players that come in start as young as possible, in Ed Nunez's case, the first year shown for him in his playing record, even though it's in the minors, is 1979. Which means, that if I'd want him to be at the desired age, I'd have to take one off that number, and import him using 1978 as the applicable seasonal year. Not 1982, and your example didn't show the Import player(s) into draft pool box as being checked, which would be required here, it seems.

I don't want to import him as a free agent, I want to import him as a potential draftee, if I can here. And preferably as young as possible, at that. Which means that I'd have to use 1978 in the Enter Season Year box, obviously.

But when I checked the required box or boxes and all, as directed, it still imported him as a very old man, unfortunately. And I know his BB-Ref ID is nunezed01, as well. It shouldn't show him as being born in 1803, but about 1885 or so, at the latest, if my math is correct here to a sufficient enough degree.

Tell you what, The Game. I'm going to try to import him again, into the applicable game's next available draft pool, and see if I can get at least one, if not more than one, good screenshot and paste it here, or a few, so that you all can hopefully see what I may be doing wrong here, folks, if anything. Maybe you'll possibly see something I might have missed, somehow. CD out.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:04 AM   #59
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Some screenshots, if possible

Here are four shots related to Ed Nunez. The second should show search results for the current Nunezes in my Baseball Heaven project's current database, I think, if I remember correctly. He should not be 97 years old, he should be a teenager, and if you view his Baseball-Reference page, you will see that he wasn't yet 20 when he made his Major League debut, and not even 17 when he began in the minors, evidently. Hope you can figure this all out here before too much more time passes. I'd really like to get the rest of the potential 1901 draft pool and/or free agents imported by the end of this week, if possible, in fact, everyone. Please look at these shots, and all, and see if there's something that I may be missing here. I have absolutely no idea at all why there currently is no birth year showing for him in the editor, when I didn't even blank out the presumed birth year in the first place here at all, for sure. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 04-03-2018, 01:43 AM   #60
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Actually, he was born on May 27, 1963, so he would have been 14/15 years old during 1978. 15/16 in 1979, and so forth. He debuted in the majors just shy of his 19th birthday in 1982. If he'd been in any of the known 1978 drafts, he might have been 15 years old by any or all of them, depending on when they were during the season, after all. From what I have found out, he was a non-drafted free agent before he joined the Mariners' organization and began to play for their Northwest League team called the Bellingham Mariners, and played there until playing for Wausau in another league, according to his playing record's page on BB-Ref. And eventually he came to debut in the Major Leagues, as already stated, in 1982. CD out.