Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 09-09-2015, 04:57 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Lightbulb OOTP 17 - Interface discussion

Hey folks,

I'd like to start to talk about the OOTP 17 interface. Is there anything here we can do to improve usability? What is bad / confusing about the OOTP 16 interface? What's currently not pretty? What would you like to see changed?

Any feedback and ideas are greatly appreciated

Cheers,
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 09-09-2015 at 05:00 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:05 AM   #2
seven
All Star Reserve

Sortable stats

In the sortable stats option, I would like to have a way to selectively report players from one or another league, rather than being able to report only from the combined leagues. In addition, it would be helpful to be able to reorder the columns of data being reported. When reporting a relatively small number of columns of data, it would be easier on the eye if instead of spreading the columns across the full width of the display, columns were shifted to the left as far as possible.
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:17 AM   #3
greenrebellion
Minors (Triple A)

On screens like the off-season summary, it would be nice if the scrollbar position locked when you clicked to open a player profile. That way, when you close out of the player profile, you can continue scrolling from the same spot.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:37 AM   #4
ThePretender
All Star Starter

I'd like to see vs RHP/LHP splits on main player profile page. If I go to BNN page (reports) I can see it easily, but before when I clicked on a player in game it showed the splits. As someone who platoons heavily it saves me a ton of time looking at main player page, instead of being forced to go to batter splits and looking at vs rhp/lhp or going to bnn page.

I know it used to show RHP/LHP splits on player page in previous versions and i'd like to see it back again.
ThePretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:42 AM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Can we get the old way of moving players around the field back? 16's right click method is extremely frustrating.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:45 AM   #6
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

If possible, it would be great if the date could be once again displayed somewhere during a game. It was in earlier versions. Small thing, but I can't believe how much I miss it.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:58 AM   #7
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePretender View Post
I'd like to see vs RHP/LHP splits on main player profile page. If I go to BNN page (reports) I can see it easily, but before when I clicked on a player in game it showed the splits. As someone who platoons heavily it saves me a ton of time looking at main player page, instead of being forced to go to batter splits and looking at vs rhp/lhp or going to bnn page.

I know it used to show RHP/LHP splits on player page in previous versions and i'd like to see it back again.
Splits are still available on the main profile page - just click the dropdown. (I believe this is the page you're referring to?)
_
Attached Images
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:24 AM   #8
mking55
All Star Starter

Have the way the players and the split were shown the last time, show up the next time you go to that screen. It's quite annoying to be in the middle of the season and I see the Spring Training stats all of a sudden.

All previous displays should be "stickied" for ease of use.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:26 AM   #9
mking55
All Star Starter

Have the game follow my instructions such as when to tell me about injuries. I don't care about someone who is out 3 days and I chose the option to not tell me unless it was x (more than 3) amount of time.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:28 AM   #10
mking55
All Star Starter

Available Personnel should not be in the "list all MLB players" section. That's confusing and it took me a while to find it the first time.

Available Personal should be an option from the Personnel screen.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:21 AM   #11
IncognitoNL
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Suggested before: a 'fix lineup' button on the pre-game screen to fill up any holes there may be, for that game only. Would be very useful when dealing with short-term injuries I think - without having to manually redo the lineup every couple of days.
IncognitoNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:04 AM   #12
malor
Major Leagues

Rule 5 Elgibile Tab

The Rule 5 Eligible Draft list for your team should be displayed exactly like the Upcoming FA List so it has all of the available columns, filters, etc. so it is easy to make comparisons between players.
malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:08 AM   #13
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Is there a way to simultaneously display both osa and team scout ratings on the same page in player lists? If not, I'd like to add the possibility, especially for draft lists.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:19 AM   #14
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking55 View Post
Have the way the players and the split were shown the last time, show up the next time you go to that screen. It's quite annoying to be in the middle of the season and I see the Spring Training stats all of a sudden.

All previous displays should be "stickied" for ease of use.
Beat me to this one. Even better, have a set of user preferences for each screen on which lists appear.

So your preferences might look like this:

Every value would have an option of "most recent". This would give the user quite a bit of control over which views, filters, etc. are used on each screen.

Just a thought.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:20 AM   #15
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoNL View Post
Suggested before: a 'fix lineup' button on the pre-game screen to fill up any holes there may be, for that game only. Would be very useful when dealing with short-term injuries I think - without having to manually redo the lineup every couple of days.
Can't you just do this yourself if you're going to play the game out? All you have to do in the pre-game screen is click over to your team lineup tab and make changes. They only take effect for that game.

I feel like I am missing something here...
Old 09-09-2015, 10:24 AM   #16
catcherjul
Major Leagues

It would be nice to be able to sort active player by All-Star game appearance, Championship ring, Silver slugger award, MVP award...etc
catcherjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:28 AM   #17
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
It would be nice to see leagues all-time pinch hit stats

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:40 AM   #18
Dubie1947
Bat Boy

It would be great to be able to export an html page of the bottom part of team pitching and lineups screens.

For pitching that would include the starting rotation, bullpen and complete role information.

For lineups it would include the lineup for each of the the 4 different lineup options (Vs RHP, Vs LHP, Vs RHP + DH and Vs LHP + DH). This also would include the complete substitute information as well as the list of pinch hitters and pinch runners.

The intent of the html page would be to allow copy paste of this information to a spreadsheet.
Dubie1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:50 AM   #19
battists
Hall Of Famer

Would be great to easily be able to see all of a single player's statistics just for one particular team.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:00 AM   #20
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Some sort of adjustment to the 7-day lineups in order to accommodate doubleheaders. Either switch it to 7-game lineups or give us some possible way to set the lineup for both games of the doubleheader.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote