Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
Big Orange
Minors (Double A)

"OOTP 12 has stopped working." Advice appreciated. PROBLEM SOLVED.

The power went out, and when I reloaded the game, I lost 6 weeks of games. lesson learned: save every week. (Or do some of you save every day?)

The power went out a second time. I can start a game, but as soon as I go to make a lineup change midgame I get "OOTP 12 has stopped working" and it kicks me out of the program.

Of course, I have no backup. Lesson learned: have a backup. How often do your recommend backing up?

No way I can continue the current league, right?

Last edited by Big Orange; 09-02-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Problem solved.
Big Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

to save your league, load it again then save it as a temptlate before you do anything to make it crash.
I always do a backup of my current league right before i start then before any major event. i also try to do multiple backups and keeping them in a seperate folder so i don't lose it all in a crash.
another lesson to grab a UPS so you can stay alive without the power at least to save and shut down.

i assume the lost 6 weeks is because it reverted back to your last save, hopfully you can load a template and have that work
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Have you tried a full uninstall/reinstall of OOTP?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
Big Orange
Minors (Double A)

Thanks. I tried the template suggestion but had no luck. I will try the unistall option.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #5
Big Orange
Minors (Double A)

The uninstall/re-install did not work either. Lesson learned, I guess.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #6
Big Orange
Minors (Double A)

It's even worse than I thought. Even in a brand new league, when I try to make a lineup change, I get the same message. The game is unplayable now.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
Big Orange
Minors (Double A)

A found this in the Knowledge Base and so far it works:

Issue: The game crashes whenever you click on a button, menu or tab that takes you to a new screen (or tab)."

Solution: This might be caused by a corrupt filter file that applies to that page. To test this out, do the following:

Quit OOTP if it's running.
Navigate to [documents folder]\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\tables.
Move all of the files in "tables" to another location, but don't delete them (at least not yet).
Run OOTP again and go to the screen that caused the crash.
If all is well now, you had a filter file that got damaged. If you have not saved any custom filters on any screen, you can just delete those tables files permanently. They will be recreated when necessary. If you have customized some filters on any screen, they will be lost if you delete these files. Of course, they may already be lost since they may be the files that were corrupt and causing the crash.