Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

$ for free agents

This years budget is based on last years revenue. Correct?
Then subtract current payroll and offered contracts. Add starting balance from last seasons profit.
Here is the question.
How does the game remove money from the available $ for free agents?
I have 3 mil remaining, so I tries to offer 3 mil, 6 mil, 3 mil to a FA but the owner will not approve the offer.
If I offer 3, 3, 3 I can get it.
In another oferr (same offseason) I offered 20 mil, 10 mil, 10mil and it subtracted 20 mil from my available fund. I am mid rebuild so the financial constraints make sense I just can't figure out the implementation. Does the game take the highest salaried year of a contract and count that?

Little help please.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
tysok
Hall Of Famer

I can't exactly remember which way it does this.

It's one of these 2 though.
That second year would look at your $ for extensions, which is looking at the next seasons contracts compared to your budget this year.

Or it's taking the average per year figure and not allowing you to average more than you have available.

If you have $3 million for free agents and 3 million for extensions the 3 6 3 wouldn't work either way. The 6 in that second year is more than you'd have for extensions, and the average of 4 mil per year would be more than the 3 mil you have to work with.

If you have 3 million for free agents, but 5 million for extensions then it's working off the first option up there. The 6 million you offer in that second year is more than the 5 million you have to work with for next year.

If you have more than 6 million for extensions then it's taking the average per year salary, the 4 million average is more than the 3 you have for free agents.

It seems it should be doing the first option, but can't remember which way it was finally decided to go with.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysok View Post
I can't exactly remember which way it does this.

It's one of these 2 though.
That second year would look at your $ for extensions, which is looking at the next seasons contracts compared to your budget this year.

Or it's taking the average per year figure and not allowing you to average more than you have available.

If you have $3 million for free agents and 3 million for extensions the 3 6 3 wouldn't work either way. The 6 in that second year is more than you'd have for extensions, and the average of 4 mil per year would be more than the 3 mil you have to work with.

If you have 3 million for free agents, but 5 million for extensions then it's working off the first option up there. The 6 million you offer in that second year is more than the 5 million you have to work with for next year.

If you have more than 6 million for extensions then it's taking the average per year salary, the 4 million average is more than the 3 you have for free agents.

It seems it should be doing the first option, but can't remember which way it was finally decided to go with.
Thank you very much. I am always impressed with how helpfull people here are.