Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:55 PM   #1
ramairluvr
Minors (Triple A)

2007 questions

I have been an avid player of OOTP v6.x and now I am looking at the 2007 version. I have downloaded the demo and see it is drastically different.

I am a computer idiot so I am concerned about the learning curve. I have a couple of easy questions:

1 - I see where folks on some of the boards are talking about dumping their SQM or something like that...what are they talking about?

2 - Is it difficult to load in real-life face packs and stadiums into the new game?

3 - One of my favorite mods to the old v6 game was manager mode where you could edit any of a player's attributes. Does the new game have something like that?

Thanks for your time.

Brian
ramairluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:03 AM   #2
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

1. This is from the manual:
Quote:
OOTPB offers the ability to export all of your league data to a series of files in one of three formats:

• CSV (comma-separated files; you can also control the delimiter used in the CSV dumps via the Game Preferences Page described in Section 3.1.4.)
• MS Access
• MySQL All files created by these processes are placed in the import_export directory in your saved game directory.
While the CSV process dumps data, the MS Access and MySQL processes actually dump SQL scripts that can be used to create an MS Access or MySQL database.
I am familiar with CSV; that can be imported into Excel spreadsheets. The other two formats, well, let's say "hooray" for CSV. Bear in mind that although you can configure what gets dumped, it really is for information and data verification purposes only because the data cannot be re-imported using these functions. Only rosters and player statistics can be exported, edited, and imported again, and that is done in another area of the game.

2. There's a great web site for OOTP modifications:

http://web.mac.com/sixwilsons/iWeb/OOTPMods/Main.html

You may be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to upload the modifications offered there after reading the "Mod Installation Help" page.

3. Certainly. You have to be in Commissioner Mode, however. You can temporarily (or permanently, if you prefer) designate yourself as commissioner by checking that box on the Manager Options page. When you do that, an Editor tab appears on every Player Profile page, allowing you to make changes. Refer to the manual for more commissioner functions.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #3
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairluvr View Post
I have been an avid player of OOTP v6.x and now I am looking at the 2007 version. I have downloaded the demo and see it is drastically different.

I am a computer idiot so I am concerned about the learning curve. I have a couple of easy questions:

1 - I see where folks on some of the boards are talking about dumping their SQM or something like that...what are they talking about?

2 - Is it difficult to load in real-life face packs and stadiums into the new game?

3 - One of my favorite mods to the old v6 game was manager mode where you could edit any of a player's attributes. Does the new game have something like that?

Thanks for your time.

Brian
2007 is the best version yet.

RE

#1 Dont worry about it. It is some advanced functionality for computer geeks.

#2 It is dirt simple for face packs.

#3 In commish mode, there is an editor tab, where you have overwhelming control over players. You can even give them bad backs!
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:57 PM   #4
ramairluvr
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks

Thanks for the answers. More dumb questions will probably be on the way as I continue to read the boards and get better acquainted with the new version of the game.
ramairluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #5
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

You will be having questions about the interface, thats a given. Since you have played ootp 6 the interface for 2007 is a lot different. It will take you time to get use to it but give it a chance.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:19 PM   #6
Dagrims
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairluvr View Post
Thanks for the answers. More dumb questions will probably be on the way
Well, you've only asked three questions so far, so I'm sure that a few of the 2004 others will have obvious answers. I'm amazed that you have that many to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairluvr
I am a computer idiot
Just like me. Except the computer part.