Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #5401
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
I didn't catch them. I guess we'll be awarding a crown in Silver B after all!
I just did a really quick scan, there are 5 teams

Reno has 26 OL games followed by

O'Fallon with 22

Jefferson Valley 16

Nico-Nico 9

North East Capital 3
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:30 AM   #5402
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
I didn't catch them. I guess we'll be awarding a crown in Silver B after all!
Oh yay! I have something to pay attention to after last week's epic collapse.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:34 AM   #5403
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I just did a really quick scan, there are 5 teams

...(clip)...

North East Capital 3
At what point do we point out that Magus failed to notice his own team was in Silver B?

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:37 AM   #5404
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
At what point do we point out that Magus failed to notice his own team was in Silver B?
You just did

It's a forgotten team. I can't be bothered to complete the theme.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:34 PM   #5405
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

This will be my last season in the OL. I've enjoyed the strong competition and strategies this league provides, but I'm ready to bow out for a while.

Everyone please remove blackswan from your friends list. Thanks!
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:14 PM   #5406
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
This will be my last season in the OL. I've enjoyed the strong competition and strategies this league provides, but I'm ready to bow out for a while.

Everyone please remove blackswan from your friends list. Thanks!
Natalie Portman oh my!

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:44 PM   #5407
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Perfect league setup/predictions for 2047

So, I just went through the teams in P488 (over my lunch break) and I saw some interesting things, plus want to make some predictions.

The first thing is that the talent is about as evenly distributed as I have ever seen it. A lot of balance throughout all divisions. That being said, here are my predictions for playoff teams:

AL: East: Mem,Central: CC+. West: HOBO
NL: East: SP+, Central: AH+, West: FAR+

Wild card teams:

AL: two of the following four teams: BS+,WYO,QC+,WP
NL: WSH+ plus one of the following: HRR+,BP+, MOT+,LC

As far as types of teams go:

lefty: 7 teams
lefty_contact: 4
righty: 4
righty_contact: 1
defense: 2
power: 1
idiosyncratic: 3
Null: 5

So there are about the same number of lefty-based teams as the last time I checked (2045), but a couple more righty-based teams (5 now versus 3 then). Contact-focused clubs is another strong meta, with eight teams having a contact focus, either alone or in combination with a lefty- or righty- focus.

The lefty-righty contrast, interestingly, is focused more in AL than NL: Seven of the teams in the AL have a lefty-type focus and four have a righty focus, compared to only four teams and one team in the NL respectively.

There should be fireworks in the AL, as the biggest advantage you could have is, as a righty, hosting a lefty team; or as a lefty team, hosting a righty team. It will be interesting to see, as we get more righty-focused teams in, whether they have a tendency to neutralize the lefty teams.

Last edited by allenciox; 10-07-2019 at 01:49 PM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:53 PM   #5408
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
So, I just went through the teams in P488 (over my lunch break) and I saw some interesting things, plus want to make some predictions.

The first thing is that the talent is about as evenly distributed as I have ever seen it. A lot of balance throughout all divisions. That being said, here are my predictions for playoff teams:

AL: East: Mem,Central: CC+. West: HOBO
NL: East: SP+, Central: AH+, West: FAR+

Wild card teams:

AL: two of the following four teams: BS+,WYO,QC+,WP
NL: WSH+ plus one of the following: HRR+,BP+, MOT+,LC

As far as types of teams go:

lefty: 7 teams
lefty_contact: 4
righty: 4
righty_contact: 1
defense: 2
power: 1
idiosyncratic: 3
Null: 5

So there are about the same number of lefty-based teams as the last time I checked (2045), but a couple more righty-based teams (5 now versus 3 then). Contact-focused clubs is another strong meta, with eight teams having a contact focus, either alone or in combination with a lefty- or righty- focus.

The lefty-righty contrast, interestingly, is focused more in AL than NL: Seven of the teams in the AL have a lefty-type focus and four have a righty focus, compared to only four teams and one team in the NL respectively.

There should be fireworks in the AL, as the biggest advantage you could have is, as a righty, hosting a lefty team; or as a lefty team, hosting a righty team. It will be interesting to see, as we get more righty-focused teams in, whether they have a tendency to neutralize the lefty teams.

The NL is like the NBA Western Conference while the AL is like the Eastern.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:23 PM   #5409
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Natalie Portman oh my!
Yep, I really enjoy everything that makes up this OL league, you guys have created an incredibly fun and competitive league. But I plan to put all my teams on cruise control for a long while and it's doubtful I take time to add/subtract teams from my friends list every week in the OL.

Could probably leave my current friends list as is and my team would most likely continue on as it is in the OL for a good while; I figured it'd be better to have active participants vs a cruise control team in the league, but if you'd rather try to keep this team in the league rather than a random whale or two, I see no problem with that.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:01 PM   #5410
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=Maxfire5;4544429]2 times in a row of not making it for the Rangers so I may have to check to see if it got flipped back to Random. I was in it the first two seasons for them, but the last two I haven't made it in.[/QUOTE

I know I've had you friended both times, but if it flips on you, others pulling you in won't always (never?) work. We also lost the Philadelphia Patriots in gold, but they're kind of a hands off team, and I fear they may not be coming back if their preferences got flipped.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:03 PM   #5411
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
All three of my teams are in the same division...
I've had that happen a couple of times as well. Just don't schedule any combined team off-season dinners this week. The internecine squabbles can get ugly.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:36 PM   #5412
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Schedule for OL G360

Seems a bit more lopsided than usual, with four teams playing well over half the games. Sigh....
Attached Images
Old 10-07-2019, 06:40 PM   #5413
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Yep, I really enjoy everything that makes up this OL league, you guys have created an incredibly fun and competitive league. But I plan to put all my teams on cruise control for a long while and it's doubtful I take time to add/subtract teams from my friends list every week in the OL.

Could probably leave my current friends list as is and my team would most likely continue on as it is in the OL for a good while; I figured it'd be better to have active participants vs a cruise control team in the league, but if you'd rather try to keep this team in the league rather than a random whale or two, I see no problem with that.

I'd encourage you to hang with it. It's not going to hurt anything and even a "cruise control" team built along OL lines is better than the alternative. Whatever you decide, thanks.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:04 PM   #5414
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I'd encourage you to hang with it. It's not going to hurt anything and even a "cruise control" team built along OL lines is better than the alternative. Whatever you decide, thanks.

though at the Perfect tier with the effort to keep the whales from seeping in, it's a constant effort week-to-week for all 30 teams to update their friend's lists with the other 29.... so makes it more difficult to have an unattended team in the mix....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:35 PM   #5415
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
though at the Perfect tier with the effort to keep the whales from seeping in, it's a constant effort week-to-week for all 30 teams to update their friend's lists with the other 29.... so makes it more difficult to have an unattended team in the mix....
So long as there is not another team banging down the door wanting to get in, those floater teams are totally fine. Otherwise there would just be an empty spot and some whale could get in anyway.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:50 PM   #5416
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Sounds good, I'll do it. Thanks Stanley.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:39 AM   #5417
Edster007
All Star Starter

Silver 253

Not much action this week. Northeast swept Nico-Nico to go 3-0, however neither of those teams are going to reach the minimum 10 games to win the title. It will be a three team race with Reno, O'Fallon and Jefferson Valley.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 10-08-2019, 05:45 AM   #5418
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Southside Slugs Mudville for Early Lead in OL G360

The Sluggers lived up to their name, pounding the Muffins to start strong.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-08-2019, 05:51 AM   #5419
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
I've had that happen a couple of times as well. Just don't schedule any combined team off-season dinners this week. The internecine squabbles can get ugly.
To be honest I think of them as Gold level teams. I have completely ignored San Pedro for about two months, I'm sitting on some significant points but real life has gotten in the way. I haven't been able to find the right players to upgrade Everett and Boogie is trapped in their theme. The Knights one season in perfect was forgettable.

Team dinners are out, they have too much work to do
Old 10-08-2019, 06:15 PM   #5420
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Annadale Off to Smashing Start in OL D372

The Atom Smashers seem to picking up where they left off last season. I will try to keep up with these and the gold, though I can't promise morning delivery.
Attached Images
Image Image Image