Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:49 PM   #1
bphilbrick3
Bat Boy

Lost a whole year.

My game auto saves once a week during play. Yet today when I experinced a unplanned shutdown now the game loads back to a year prior. I also noticed that guys on my team that I had traded over the last season are back on my team but with the new teams log. For insatnce I traded Corey Kluber from Milwaukee to Philadelphia but he is on Milwaukee with the Phillies uniform on... Is this a bug? I am running the latest version
bphilbrick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:00 AM   #2
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphilbrick3 View Post
My game auto saves once a week during play. Yet today when I experinced a unplanned shutdown now the game loads back to a year prior. I also noticed that guys on my team that I had traded over the last season are back on my team but with the new teams log. For insatnce I traded Corey Kluber from Milwaukee to Philadelphia but he is on Milwaukee with the Phillies uniform on... Is this a bug? I am running the latest version
Maybe try a force game data re-installation? You won't lose any game saves. It may fix that. It'll be the first thing tech support tells you to do anyways, so...
Old 08-16-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
bphilbrick3
Bat Boy

Can you walk me through that process? I am not familiar
bphilbrick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:08 PM   #4
84Hammy
All Star Reserve

I would be interested in learning about this too as I’m pretty sure there are some issues with my current save ( no minors schedules or weekly/monthly awards). I’m wondering if it would restores the save to do what it should be doing.
84Hammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:20 PM   #5
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Can you walk me through that process? I am not familiar
Open ootp
Click settings on bottom left
Click troubleshooting tab
Click the box that says "force data reinstallation"
I stress again...YOU WILL NOT LOSE GAME SAVES. Just fyi
Old 08-21-2019, 05:43 PM   #6
84Hammy
All Star Reserve

Okay I tried this but nothing seems to be different. The Dominican rookie league has a start date of June 2. It is currently may 15. Shouldn’t that league be in preseason? Shouldn’t there be schedules created? When I go to create fictional schedule I am told it is not preseason yet. Sorry for the thread hijack but this date thing is concerning to say the least.
84Hammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:17 AM   #7
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:

The auto-save feature only saves the data (.dat) files, not the player pictures. You're now using the old data files with some new player pictures.

You could try the following: close OOTP, navigate to your league folder, then to the sub folder news\html\images and rename the folders person_pictures and profile_pictures to something else (delete them later or rename them back if you want to use them again). Start OOTP and see if it helped. OOTP will create new pictures for each player.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:46 AM   #8
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
The auto-save feature only saves the data (.dat) files, not the player pictures. You're now using the old data files with some new player pictures.

You could try the following: close OOTP, navigate to your league folder, then to the sub folder news\html\images and rename the folders person_pictures and profile_pictures to something else (delete them later or rename them back if you want to use them again). Start OOTP and see if it helped. OOTP will create new pictures for each player.
That will not solve his problem - in his case Kluber was traded from Milwaukee to Philadelphia, and after the crash he is back with Milwaukee (with the Phillies uniform). So he'd have the fitting uniform but still would be on the wrong team.

But it can't be said often enough and it's posted all over the boards here ... BACK UP YOUR FILES REGULARLY.

It only takes a little time, no matter if you use the in-game backup or zip your league file as I do.

Files can get damaged, it doesn't happen often, but it happens.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:25 AM   #9
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

it may be too late, if you got to another auto save point...

if not..

try moving the files from your autosave directory or the 'other' saved directory that's new this year if that option is enabled... syntax is escaping me

make a copy of the original files in the .lg root folder. then copy contents over -- you should notice all the files are the same and it should ask to overwrite, etc... if not, that's the wrong location.

anytime something like this happens, make sure it doesn't attempt a 'save' after it breaks. end the process through task manager or similar on mac. if you know there's a screw-up, don't let it save, unless the last time you saved is a worse end result -- i.e. extended sim time between possibly.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:36 PM   #10
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

are we not going to address the real issue here? how the hell does the game magically decide to load files that should have been overwritten long ago?

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote