Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:02 AM   #1
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Changing team name - effect on schedule

I just have a quick question about this. I changed the LA Angels name to the Anaheim Angels (left everything else the same) and as a result of that for the coming season it has swapped the Astros and Angels schedule (IE Anaheim play Arizona in their rivalry series, and Houston is now against the Dodgers).

I'm guessing this is due to Anaheim going from 2nd in the AL West to 1st alphabetically which means they effectively have Houston's team number in the schedule list and Houston has the Angels slot (if they were called Los Angeles still).

Is there a way to stop the schedule file from flipping their team numbers because of the name change? Or is this a case where I have to manually swap all their games in the file and upload a new schedule file?
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:55 AM   #2
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

I actually don’t think naming has anything to do with the schedule as the schedule is coded by team number. Don’t the schedules rotate anyways in ootp?

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:25 PM   #3
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
I actually don’t think naming has anything to do with the schedule as the schedule is coded by team number. Don’t the schedules rotate anyways in ootp?
For what it's worth it's an real world MLB set up and I have it set up so I rotate through the 2014-2019 schedules and just rename them for the coming year so it automatically loads. Could it be something to do with it being real life MLB schedules?

Last edited by Saul Goodman; 07-25-2019 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:51 AM   #4
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Just been fiddling around with the schedules in a test file this afternoon and it does seem the numbers that teams are read in the schedule changed due to the name change.

On the MLB schedules, Los Angeles were team 12 and Houston team 11, but after changing the name to Anaheim OOTP is now reading the Angels as 11th team and Houston as the 12th team which is why the schedules have flipped. It's a bit weird as in the grid you can bring up on the schedule screen it still shows Houston as the 11th team on the grid and Anaheim the 12th, which is what was throwing me off.

Thankfully OpenOffice provides an easy way to quickly flip the numbers around, have to spend about 10-15 minutes changing their starting times for each of their home games as those can't be easily flipped, but an easy fix at least.

I guess this is a quirk with the MLB schedules and changing a team name (and thus changing their alphabetical order in their division) can cause teams to swap schedules.

Last edited by Saul Goodman; 07-26-2019 at 05:54 AM.