Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:34 PM   #21
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
I didn't guarantee it or anything, but after the Dodgers defeated the Flyers, I figured they might win the next 2 series as well, as ridiculously good as the Magpies were all season...My team didn't really hit for a high average, but outside that everything went well all season except against those 2 Brooklyn teams...I didn't see how the Dodgers-Magpies series went. 6 games?
Yep, 6 games.

For future reference you can look up past playoff results for any league here:

https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa...d.php?t=301412

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:41 PM   #22
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

First time for this achievement for me... flyball triple play! Of course it was started by Willie Mays, who caught the line drive and threw it to Jackie Robinson doubling off the runner at second, then Robinson throws to first to get the runner there.

It is a gold achievement worth 2000 points. I don't know if a groundball triple play is worth the same because I've not had one of those either.

Name:  triple play.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  49.1 KB
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:51 PM   #23
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Yep, 6 games.

For future reference you can look up past playoff results for any league here:

https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa...d.php?t=301412
Thanks, that occured to me right not long after I asked, they may have been the only two teams that went 3-0 against me...It was one of those years where the breaks went my way...2-0 against the Magpies...+.667 record in 1-run games. Except of course 1-3 against Cyclones, 1-9 total against Dodgers.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:02 PM   #24
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
First time for this achievement for me... flyball triple play! Of course it was started by Willie Mays, who caught the line drive and threw it to Jackie Robinson doubling off the runner at second, then Robinson throws to first to get the runner there.

It is a gold achievement worth 2000 points. I don't know if a groundball triple play is worth the same because I've not had one of those either.

Attachment 636277
Nice work. And, yes, it's the same PP'age for "normal" triple plays. I've gotten 3-4 of them in PT20 and it's always 2K PP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Thanks, that occured to me right not long after I asked, they may have been the only two teams that went 3-0 against me...It was one of those years where the breaks went my way...2-0 against the Magpies...+.667 record in 1-run games. Except of course 1-3 against Cyclones, 1-9 total against Dodgers.
Well, a lot of teams could probably lament their record against those Brooklyn teams. lol. 2-0 against the Magpies is very good.

Interesting that you had a .667 winning percentage in 1-run games because my team was .333 in those games and about one-third of our total games ended up as 1-run games. It was pretty rough.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 07-15-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:25 AM   #25
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Yeah, at least 2 of the 4 better seasons that I've had, I excelled in 1-run games... I noticed a 48-12 (.800) record in another season where I ended up 102-60 overall. Dreadful to mediocre in my mediocre (74-78W) overall seasons in 1-run games. Other things didn't go well in those seasons as well. Team chemistry is disabled but there still seems to be times when everything's clicking and times where everything is askew, at least here. And the schedule can be rough when you're in a division with 2 or 3+ wolves/whales and you play them frequently.

I only had about 67 more runs than I allowed last season but ended up 30 games over .500.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:57 AM   #26
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Slowly building up my managers team.

Missed out on Paul Molitor, but I did get Harvey Kuenn OVR 80

Now have four managers: Kuenn, Kirk Gibson, Davey Lopes and Bob Boone.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:06 AM   #27
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Slowly building up my managers team.

Missed out on Paul Molitor, but I did get Harvey Kuenn OVR 80

Now have four managers: Kuenn, Kirk Gibson, Davey Lopes and Bob Boone.
Nice! Kuenn’s been playing crazy well for my bronze Milwaukee team
Old 07-16-2019, 10:07 AM   #28
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post

Attachment 636277
Mays and Robinson in a triple play, not bad
Old 07-16-2019, 10:21 AM   #29
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Nice! Kuenn’s been playing crazy well for my bronze Milwaukee team
Well this team is in Iron, so he should rake, right?

Since my last post I've gone on a bit of an acquisition spree. Picked up Mike Matheny to back up Boone, Phil "Scrap Iron" Garner and Marty "Slats" Marion. Plus some auction bids that will hopefully come good.

I'm already thinking I may need to up it up to pitching coaches to fill out the pitching staff. And as/if this team climbs the ranks, I may need to make bench/hitting/base coaches eligible if I want to remain competitive. But for now, I'm not having any trouble finding players in bronze/silver who were managers and can help out a team in Iron at reasonable prices.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 01:04 PM   #30
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Raccoons started 16-12, then they ran into a 6-22 team ……

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 04:24 PM   #31
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Nothing like kicking the day of sims off with an 8-game losing streak...gross. Can't even blame it on whales. My team just isn't getting it done.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:24 PM   #32
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Both my Diamond teams are above .500, and Bob's All-Stars are *raking* so far this season (not mentioning their record to curse it )*

Let's gooooooo

(*31-8 but shhhhhhhh)
Old 07-16-2019, 07:25 PM   #33
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Nothing like kicking the day of sims off with an 8-game losing streak...gross. Can't even blame it on whales. My team just isn't getting it done.
That's rough

Your guys got this though
Old 07-16-2019, 08:45 PM   #34
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
That's rough

Your guys got this though
I sure hope so.

It's all a matter of perspective. Last week the team was a game away from relegation. This week, relegation won't be an issue, but harder to make the playoffs when these types of losing streaks (fueled by 5 bullpen meltdowns) pop up.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:54 PM   #35
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Just played a crazy game against the Eugene Emeralds in P421.

He was beating me when my boys homered to the exact same spot in left center in three consecutive at bats including a 3 run homer to kick it off.
Attached Images

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:05 PM   #36
daves
Hall Of Famer

Started this season 20-0! Destined for the playoffs. Only to be swept by the wildcard again.: Then I will start a new post on how the playoffs are unfair or rigged.
Attached Images

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:42 PM   #37
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I sure hope so.

It's all a matter of perspective. Last week the team was a game away from relegation. This week, relegation won't be an issue, but harder to make the playoffs when these types of losing streaks (fueled by 5 bullpen meltdowns) pop up.
Geez, one Perfect Series win and the Frogs lose all their fight?!?

I recall you switched up your focus last week (more heavily weighting defense, perhaps?); what sort of strategy are you implementing this week? Not that any strategy matters when your bullpen decides to play with matches...

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:37 PM   #38
neugey
All Star Reserve

This season is weird as hell. I built around defense this time around but I only have a 27-22,-5 Pythagorean, +68 run diff, 1st in conference in starter and bullpen ERA. And yet I am 2-12 in 1-run games, which is really wild.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:53 PM   #39
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Geez, one Perfect Series win and the Frogs lose all their fight?!?

I recall you switched up your focus last week (more heavily weighting defense, perhaps?); what sort of strategy are you implementing this week? Not that any strategy matters when your bullpen decides to play with matches...
Last week, I nerfed all of my ballpark factors to minimum and subbed in some glove-first players in place of my usual suspects. I usually have a solid defensive team (Boudreau, Pesky, Simba, Maddox, Spanky etc), but I went over the top last week. Didn't go well. Because my team's success depends heavily on having a top 2 or 3 finish in batting average it would seem.

This week, I figured if dropping the ballpark factors is bad, then maybe...

So aside from homers which I've kept minimized to suit my slap-happy offense, I have all the other factors maxed out. Offense is doing fine, but the pitching on the other hand...

We're not doing terrible though. Started off 15-12 on Monday and have crawled back to .500 after a dismal start today. Have played some pretty good teams, plus had a stretch of 40 games in 42 days, plus missed out on a couple of key auctions for big time SPs, plus have been in limbo with the bullpen. Eh, a combination of things.

Some of the bullpen guys I was counting on ended up having prior stats, so I've been going with some 2nd tier pensmen (Jordan Hicks, Hersh Freeman, Shane Bieber) as I try to sell off the contaminated cards. In that stretch of 8 straight losses I mentioned earlier, the bullpen blew it in 5 of them so...

I picked up 87 Keith Foulke and 96 Koji Uehara today so hopefully they can help out. I've had my eye on that Uehara for quite some time. Plus, the schedule is getting much more laden with off days so I'm dropping Scherzer into a super stopper role and going with a 4-man rotation. I think Mad Max will help out considerably as his stuff plays way up out of the bullpen. We'll see how it goes and thanks for asking!

Old 07-17-2019, 12:20 AM   #40
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I picked up 87 Keith Foulke and 96 Koji Uehara today so hopefully they can help out. I've had my eye on that Uehara for quite some time.
That 96 Uehara is a very good card. He can get in a rut of giving up homers every once in a while, but otherwise he's a solid option out of the pen. Nice pickup!

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote