Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-08-2019, 07:46 PM   #1
tem316
Minors (Triple A)

4 Days since MLB Draft

It is now four days since the MLB Draft and I am wondering when will you update the MLB Draft Pool to at least add ALL the players that were actually drafted to match the expected draft pool.

I am a proud native of WV and WVU had eight players drafted, and you do not have all of them in the draft pool. My Alma Mater Concord University had a player drafted for only the third time since the draft was instituted, and he is nowhere to be found.

Please consider at least adding ALL the players that were drafted to the prospective MLB Draft Pool.
tem316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:38 PM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Also fixing Live Start Updated Rosters/Injures because not doing the updates because Molina not on DL,Bruce not on Phillies.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:25 PM   #3
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Live Start bugged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Also fixing Live Start Updated Rosters/Injures because not doing the updates because Molina not on DL,Bruce not on Phillies.
This is most concerning as I wanted to use Live Start but only if it kept accurate rosters, injuries and updated draft pool...otherwise why even have it as a new feature?
Old 06-10-2019, 12:18 AM   #4
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tem316 View Post
It is now four days since the MLB Draft and I am wondering when will you update the MLB Draft Pool to at least add ALL the players that were actually drafted to match the expected draft pool.

I am a proud native of WV and WVU had eight players drafted, and you do not have all of them in the draft pool. My Alma Mater Concord University had a player drafted for only the third time since the draft was instituted, and he is nowhere to be found.

Please consider at least adding ALL the players that were drafted to the prospective MLB Draft Pool.

Lots of work needed to put all players in. And if previous years any indiction it'll probbaly be about 30-40% of all the players. Not all ppl drafted are actually players. 1 team drafted a high school girl. Other nephews, cousins, friends...
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:19 AM   #5
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner and Giants Fan View Post
This is most concerning as I wanted to use Live Start but only if it kept accurate rosters, injuries and updated draft pool...otherwise why even have it as a new feature?
I never knew it was supposed to put players on right teams
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:35 AM   #6
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

It does seem like a ton of work and research to get the current year's draft class even close to being correct in that short amount of time.

For me, if the first 4 rounds or so are about 80% accurate (or say the top 20% of the class is roughly 70% to 80% accurate), that is worth waiting-for, before I start my new modern MLB universe.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:46 AM   #7
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

lol, Good Lord
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:21 AM   #8
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateAverageGuy View Post
lol, Good Lord
Yea, for me, it seems like a lot of work in a short amount of time. The OOTP team is not that large.

And at second glance, those first few rounds %s that I mentioned seem like a real bear as well.

For me, if the Draft class is improved significantly, however defined, in the 6/17 patch, it might be worth the wait. If not, no big deal, I'll go ahead and start the game. Sort of more curious to some extent (and I can't wait to start my game too!).
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:23 AM   #9
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
It does seem like a ton of work and research to get the current year's draft class even close to being correct in that short amount of time.
Never mind it being a long weekend, today being also a holiday in Germany...

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:04 AM   #10
redmoss2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Parents: Teach your kids the value of saying things like "please", "thank you", "very much appreciated"
redmoss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:34 AM   #11
low
Hall Of Famer

"Patience, young grasshopper".
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #12
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

In Live start doesn't need it but it could have the Roster Team do a League like with Today's date do a Draft with guys who haven't signed yet and manually Draft for Teams.
Also noticed Live Start Rosters with today's date are updated before Draft but been moves since then that don't show up minus other problems to like Pitching Staff
Old 06-10-2019, 12:40 PM   #13
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
I never knew it was supposed to put players on right teams
This what I found in their manual:
Live Start
Standard games can be started using the Live Start option, with updated standings, stats, ratings, and rosters as of the current real world date. This allows you to begin a game in an up-to-date simulation of the real world, playing whatever portion of the season remains.

So doesn't that mean "updated rosters" as of the date you run the Live Start?
Old 06-10-2019, 12:54 PM   #14
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner and Giants Fan View Post
This what I found in their manual:
Live Start
Standard games can be started using the Live Start option, with updated standings, stats, ratings, and rosters as of the current real world date. This allows you to begin a game in an up-to-date simulation of the real world, playing whatever portion of the season remains.

So doesn't that mean "updated rosters" as of the date you run the Live Start?
That's how I would interpret it.

Honestly, knowing the resources of the OOTP team, I think they bit off way more than can chew with the Live Start option. I may be speaking out of turn by saying that -- and my apologies to Markus, et al, if I am -- but it would take a large team of dedicated employees just to accomplish this, let alone all the other work that needs to be done to provide patches and work on other areas of the game.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:01 PM   #15
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmoss2 View Post
Parents: Teach your kids the value of saying things like "please", "thank you", "very much appreciated"
Not to be obtuse but what in the world does that have to do with the questions we are posing? If you are trying to be funny well you failed and if you are trying to act condescending well in that you succeeded.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:37 PM   #16
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Live start has its issues... There is no way according to Matt Arnold to track the minor league transactions. Major league transactions should be updating. But you will find stragglers on minor league deals that have been released and possibly already signed with an organization again still on their previous team.

As far as the draft goes... I asked the same question to someone very involved in the creation of new players and was told they are roughly at 70 % of all draftees being in the database. That'd pretty good considering that the draft was just last week
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:38 PM   #17
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

For some of this, we're at the mercy of our data provider. So that's why we cannot process minor league transactions automatically - we simply don't get that data.

Some of the other data as well we don't get 100% accurate. We do get an injury report, but we have to interpret that data, so it won't always match 100%.

But yeah, we try to have everything accurate if you use the simple live start option. If you want more control, you can start games through the "New Custom Game" menu, and if you select MLB in there, you have more options available to you in the live start if you want, for example, current standings but not current rosters.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:21 PM   #18
TheBrewCrew
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
For some of this, we're at the mercy of our data provider. So that's why we cannot process minor league transactions automatically - we simply don't get that data.

Some of the other data as well we don't get 100% accurate. We do get an injury report, but we have to interpret that data, so it won't always match 100%.

But yeah, we try to have everything accurate if you use the simple live start option. If you want more control, you can start games through the "New Custom Game" menu, and if you select MLB in there, you have more options available to you in the live start if you want, for example, current standings but not current rosters.

Hey Matt, quick question for you. If I were to begin a live start today, is there a way to somehow do the draft / place players on teams? Any help is greatly appreciated!

edit - Realized you can just reschedule the draft. Probably best way, eh?

Last edited by TheBrewCrew; 06-10-2019 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Realization
TheBrewCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:11 AM   #19
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrewCrew View Post
Hey Matt, quick question for you. If I were to begin a live start today, is there a way to somehow do the draft / place players on teams? Any help is greatly appreciated!

edit - Realized you can just reschedule the draft. Probably best way, eh?
If you run it right now, some players will end up on the teams that drafted them (generally speaking, players who have signed). In the patch next week hopefully we'll have a way to handle the draft picks fully, but still working through it.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:51 AM   #20
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
If you run it right now, some players will end up on the teams that drafted them (generally speaking, players who have signed). In the patch next week hopefully we'll have a way to handle the draft picks fully, but still working through it.
this is one of the reasons I don't like having the game automatically signing rounds 6+ because in reality a lot of the guys won't sign and if there is some way to force the draft picks in now... it will screw up there. So, I guess i am suggesting waiting til after the DP signing deadline before I'd be too worried about figuring how to handle the draft picks
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote