Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-16-2019, 02:21 PM   #21
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

for people without issues; are you on Windows 10?
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #22
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I'm on work computer now- Windows 10, using Chrome for browser.
Forums are smooth as silk.

(And as I said, a bit of sluggishness last night at one point but that cleared up. Also Windows 10, also use Chrome.)
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:25 PM   #23
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

also, I have issues going to https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/

So it isn't just the forums that I am having issues with.

No sure what the common denominator is with people having issues.

I have not found any other website that I am having issues with just OOTP development website and forums.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:34 PM   #24
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Just tried an older machine running Win 7. Same problem. We are using separate ISPs as I am in Canada.

Cap
Old 05-16-2019, 02:38 PM   #25
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

I did have some windows updates installed on both machines yesterday. I am working on rolling them back on one machine just to see if that makes any difference. Who knows?
Old 05-16-2019, 02:39 PM   #26
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
Just tried an older machine running Win 7. Same problem. We are using separate ISPs as I am in Canada.

Cap
So that probably answers my question about windows 10 patch
Old 05-16-2019, 02:45 PM   #27
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
So that probably answers my question about windows 10 patch
Maybe something to do with geography? I'm closer to New Jersey than I am to Denver. Possible hacking going on somewhere? Strange we haven't heard from the owners of this forum.

Cap
Old 05-16-2019, 02:57 PM   #28
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Saw this message on Twitter from OOTP:

"...We're getting some reports of issues connecting to @OOTPPerfectTeam servers. I've passed the info on to the dev team, and we'll try to get you an update as soon as possible."

Then this:

"...Everything should be back up and running. If you're still having issues connecting to the PT servers, please let us know."

Cap
Old 05-16-2019, 03:01 PM   #29
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

I uninstalled chrome and the windows patches just for giggles and getting the same issues.

I've run multiple scans on my computer with different tools (I'm quite familiar with getting rid of viruses and such) and have not found anything. Could it still be that? Sure, I guess. But since I'm seeing the issue on 3 different browsers on 2 different computers and I'm seeing no other issues with other websites plus there are others having the same issues I'm left to suppose that it is an issues with the OOTP forums/servers or someone that provides them with services.

I have directly messages Andreas (I think he handles the OOTP web stuff) and Lukas and pointed them to this thread.

Not much more I can think to do or look at though I will probably end up looking a bit more at my computers just to be sure.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:04 PM   #30
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
Saw this message on Twitter from OOTP:

"...We're getting some reports of issues connecting to @OOTPPerfectTeam servers. I've passed the info on to the dev team, and we'll try to get you an update as soon as possible."

Then this:

"...Everything should be back up and running. If you're still having issues connecting to the PT servers, please let us know."

Cap
Well, maybe Twitter is the way to get the message to OOTP so I tweeted them and pointed them at this thread.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:10 PM   #31
T.J. Lauerman
Baseball Community Manager

I pinged the team to look into this.

I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Out of the Park Baseball 25 is available to pre-order at our Webstore or you can add it to your Steam Wishlist.

OOTP Baseball Go 24 is available on the Google Play, and the iOS App Store.

Follow us on X / Instagram / Facebook / Twitch / YouTube.

Check out the video archives of my Acuña Matata Braves, ShoTime Angels, Redbirds Rising Cardinals and Chicago Hope White Sox franchises.
T.J. Lauerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:10 PM   #32
Cap
Hall Of Famer

From Twitter response looks like someone is looking into it.

Cap
Old 05-16-2019, 03:15 PM   #33
NotMuchTime
Minors (Double A)

Windows 7, Chrome, no issues.
NotMuchTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:38 PM   #34
WahooSam309
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyVotto View Post
I'm definitely having the same issue. It's only with the OOTP website, though. I'm not experiencing it on any other sites.
Same for me.
WahooSam309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:11 PM   #35
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Windows 10 Chrome and Mac OS Sierra, both no issues.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:27 PM   #36
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Windows 10 - PC - Firefox and Brave - no issues the past few days.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:59 PM   #37
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thanks to all of you that have replied.

If it could be geographical or service-provided related, I'm in Louisiana and use Cox Cable for my internet provider.

I have Windows 10 and use Microsoft Edge as the search engine.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-16-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:01 PM   #38
Magus978
All Star Starter

I'm in New York, on Windows 10 & Firefox, and the forums are absolutely broken. Has to be an east coast issue at this point.

Also tried the site in Chrome and even in Opera. Same results. Forums are borderline unusable for me for now

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:32 PM   #39
BMW
Hall Of Famer

I'm in NJ, I use Firefox mostly. I tried Chrome as well.

On Chrome, many images don't show but the browser seems to give up almost immediately (the page comes up with broken images).

On Firefox, the same images don't show and additional ones fail to load. The site takes a long time because clearly Firefox is waiting around for longer timeouts before giving up and rendering the page with what it has downloaded. On Firefox, most images are coming up with 500-level errors (502, 504) which are Gateway not Found and Gateway Timeout errors. (All the images are from cdn077 as noted by others.)

Looking into this further, I found out that the extra images I got on chrome were purely from Chrome's local cache. Doing a full refresh, the site couldn't load any of the images.

Following an image itself nets this: https://1865987047.rsc.cdn77.org/boa.../forum_new.gif

Website is offline - Bad Gateway

Error 502

Bad Gateway

CDN77 server is unable to reach website's origin server.
Bad Gateway

If you're a Visitor... Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists for more than 30 minutes, try contacting website owner via a different channel.

As the Website administrator... Please make sure the firewall on your origin server is disabled. It might be blocking the requests from the CDN77 servers. If that is not the case, take a look at the article on troubleshooting error messages in our knowledgebase. If the problem persists, don't hesitate to contact our live chat support.

502 Bad Gateway

If you’re getting this error on the entire website you should quickly Purge all files on the CDN resource. Wait a few minutes and then see if the website is back online. If it’s still down then it’s best to contact our Support department. Usually when an error like this happens it is because you’re behind a firewall. One thing you can try is disabling some of your local PoP servers to see if you can get the files from other servers.

504 Gateway Timeout Error

This error simply means that our CDN edge servers cannot reach your origin server. This error is usually caused by a firewall on your origin server. The first thing you should do is check to see if it is behind a firewall. In case that's the case, you must disable it as you cannot be behind a firewall and use a CDN at the same time. If you aren’t behind a firewall then you should log into your client section and Purge all the content from your CDN Resource. Once you’ve done this wait several minutes to see if the error has resolved. If the error continues then please contact our Support department so our technicians can investigate further.

Last edited by BMW; 05-16-2019 at 09:45 PM.
BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:39 PM   #40
b10wick
Major Leagues

Mac Mojave using both Chrome and Safari.

Experiencing same issues as already stated. No images, slow loading times, etc.
b10wick is offline   Reply With Quote