Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:54 PM   #1
gravin40
Bat Boy

Negro League

Hello,
How do I get to the Negro League? I've been looking all
around but with no succes.
Thank you,
Matt
gravin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:19 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

They are in Historical League and you have to have "import and maintain minor leagues" checked. i also always check "auto expand league". (that's in the historical tab of league settings).
The Negro Leagues appear in 1920 and vanish forever in 1948 (or is end of 1947?) from the game.
If you pick 1919 as your starting point, the only active minor league will be texas League. Sim (play?) that year, and in late Oct or early Nov. - then check your league and teams, the Negro Leagues will be present.
Hope this helps.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 03-29-2017 at 05:20 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:35 AM   #3
gravin40
Bat Boy

Thank you very much!!!
gravin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:33 PM   #4
rocknfire7
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
They are in Historical League and you have to have "import and maintain minor leagues" checked. i also always check "auto expand league". (that's in the historical tab of league settings).
The Negro Leagues appear in 1920 and vanish forever in 1948 (or is end of 1947?) from the game.
If you pick 1919 as your starting point, the only active minor league will be texas League. Sim (play?) that year, and in late Oct or early Nov. - then check your league and teams, the Negro Leagues will be present.
Hope this helps.
This is mainly concerning 1920 with historical minors but applies to other seasons as well:

Why are the other minor leagues are not included like the International League, AA, PCL, or The Southern Negro League? Why would the only league available be the Texas League?
rocknfire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:40 PM   #5
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

ootp currently only supports fully non-independent leagues. Only leagues that have at least one mlb affiliate.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:13 PM   #6
rocknfire7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
ootp currently only supports fully non-independent leagues. Only leagues that have at least one mlb affiliate.
Hopefully this will change and gamers will be able to fully utilize the complete ( as much as is possible) minor league system.

Regardless, it's fun to see integration happen far sooner then it did in history. It's a great aspect to the game!
Old 07-02-2017, 07:35 PM   #7
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Of course, the Federal League, which is treated as a minor league, is entirely unaffiliated.

There are some historical decisions made at a higher pay grade that make no sense to me. Really good PCL stats exist all the way back to 1903. If the Federal League is doable, so is the PCL.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:06 AM   #8
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
Of course, the Federal League, which is treated as a minor league, is entirely unaffiliated. A few other unaffiliated league seasons are included so that leagues no longer blink on and off which was a complaint of ootp 17

There are some historical decisions made at a higher pay grade that make no sense to me. Really good PCL stats exist all the way back to 1903. If the Federal League is doable, so is the PCL.
All players in the database are included as free agents so all the 1903 PCL players exist there.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:29 PM   #9
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
All players in the database are included as free agents so all the 1903 PCL players exist there.
But I can only have the pre-1921 PCL if I"m not playing with historical minors. In the grand scheme of things, the failure to support the real 19th century teams and league structures bothers me more, but the implementation of historical minors bugs me as well. I understand it's a work in progress, but sometimes the decisions baffle me.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:43 AM   #10
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The inclusion of all the MiLB players was to solve the "not enough players" challenge. Otherwise they would not all be included.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:23 PM   #11
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But I can only have the pre-1921 PCL if I"m not playing with historical minors. In the grand scheme of things, the failure to support the real 19th century teams and league structures bothers me more, but the implementation of historical minors bugs me as well.
Understood. However, in addition to (at least, for now) getting access to the players from those pre-affiliated minors (such as the the pre-1921 PCL), there are options as to how you can use them. I would suggest a thorough reading of this thread - http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=276256. You'll find that it is absolutely possible to have a PCL from 1901 through 1920. That PCL (or whatever you might call it) and its teams would have no historical connection in OOTP to the PCL (and its teams) that OOTP creates in 1921, but - again - it's an option...

Quote:
I understand it's a work in progress, but sometimes the decisions baffle me.
The difference between the initial foray into historical minors in OOTP v17, vs year two in OOTP v18 can be summed up simply as leaps and bounds... or nearly unplayable vs playable. So given that, it's reasonable to expect that in OOTP 19 there will be additional improvements, hopefully including many of the early 20th century minor leagues. Time will tell...
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:02 AM   #12
rocknfire7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Understood. However, in addition to (at least, for now) getting access to the players from those pre-affiliated minors (such as the the pre-1921 PCL), there are options as to how you can use them. I would suggest a thorough reading of this thread - http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=276256. You'll find that it is absolutely possible to have a PCL from 1901 through 1920. That PCL (or whatever you might call it) and its teams would have no historical connection in OOTP to the PCL (and its teams) that OOTP creates in 1921, but - again - it's an option...

The difference between the initial foray into historical minors in OOTP v17, vs year two in OOTP v18 can be summed up simply as leaps and bounds... or nearly unplayable vs playable. So given that, it's reasonable to expect that in OOTP 19 there will be additional improvements, hopefully including many of the early 20th century minor leagues. Time will tell...
Absolutely. And that's what I'm hoping to see!
Old 07-13-2017, 10:07 PM   #13
DizzyDean
Bat Boy

The Negro Leagues had financials. Trading was done. Whether it has to be added as a minor league or not, it's incorrect to not allow trading or financials for the Negro League. Not allowing trades or financials takes half the fun out of having the league in the first place.
DizzyDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #14
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyDean View Post
The Negro Leagues had financials. Yes it did. Trading was done. Yes it was Whether it has to be added as a minor league or not, it's incorrect to not allow trading or financials for the Negro League. Not allowing trades or financials takes half the fun out of having the league in the first place.
Financials and AI trading are not currently supported by ootp. Half the fun is in having half the fun.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:12 AM   #15
DizzyDean
Bat Boy

I was starting the Negro League as a standalone league. OOTP calls it a minor league and when it's standalone there are no financials.

Last edited by DizzyDean; 07-14-2017 at 08:16 AM.
DizzyDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:36 PM   #16
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Go to League Settings
Make the negro leagues Independent
Make them a major league
Enable financials and there you go.
Works for me but you need to make these changes every offseason.