Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 02-24-2015, 10:52 PM   #21
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
How do you have any idea about the salary cap and how it will work in FHM 2 without having played the game?
haters will hate, I for one am super excited for everything! Bring on FHM 2
Tangerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:54 PM   #22
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

In terms of the number of teams, how small or big can fictional leagues be?
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:59 PM   #23
Ekcut
Minors (Double A)

Here...take my money!!!
Old 02-24-2015, 11:15 PM   #24
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

I love you! If I pay you now will you release the game sooner? How about if I buy two copies?
DaximusPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:16 PM   #25
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
In terms of the number of teams, how small or big can fictional leagues be?
As few as 6 and as many as 30 in the default fictional setups.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:18 PM   #26
Mgomz
Minors (Double A)

I like how you can hirer a Head Coach or Retired person can join a Staff or Front Office.
League E. Is needed.
Is League Structure turned so we can move Teams around or import Historical Teams?
Can we randomize Cities and pick Regions? Have Leagues feed into like the NHL for Draft? World Templates so we can add them to like a NHL League? Trade with other Leagues?
Mgomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:20 PM   #27
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerino View Post
haters will hate, I for one am super excited for everything! Bring on FHM 2
People are fully welcome of course to have features that are super important to them, or bad feelings if things don't work how they think they should. And I know there are issues with FHM 2014 as there are always going to be bumps in the road in any game and especially a new franchise ...

But, dismissing a game that you haven't even played yet and just presuming it won't work as intended is a bit over the top I think.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:36 PM   #28
speels
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can you have multiple GM's in an offline league, or would you have to play online if you wanted to have multiple GM's control multiple teams?

By the way, it sounds great so far.
speels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:10 AM   #29
Bugsquasher
Minors (Single A)

Great News! FHM 2 Is coming out much earlier than I thought! I have a question, will the new training system affect historical leagues too in a way where there is more randomness in terms of development? Also, will the AI pick better players in the historical draft? lol, Great work I'm really happy with the news!
Bugsquasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:59 AM   #30
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by speels View Post
Can you have multiple GM's in an offline league, or would you have to play online if you wanted to have multiple GM's control multiple teams?

By the way, it sounds great so far.
Are you talking multiple real humans, playing on one offline league file?

Or one human, being GM of multiple teams in one league?

Either way, I am inclined to think neither is possible.. but I will let Sebastian chime in conclusively on that.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:01 AM   #31
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsquasher View Post
Great News! FHM 2 Is coming out much earlier than I thought! I have a question, will the new training system affect historical leagues too in a way where there is more randomness in terms of development? Also, will the AI pick better players in the historical draft? lol, Great work I'm really happy with the news!
There is of course option in the historical mode to have the players perform more closely to how they did in real life, or to simply let the FHM game engine take over, which would lead to more randomness and deviation away from exact history of course.

Sebastian will have to confirm whether the training system will be fully implemented for historical too.

And on your last point, yes, we would certainly hope the AI will perform better in all aspects of the game, including historical drafting. That stuff is of course constantly being worked on and tweaked and will continue to be so before release, you can be assured.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:05 AM   #32
Bugsquasher
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
There is of course option in the historical mode to have the players perform more closely to how they did in real life, or to simply let the FHM game engine take over, which would lead to more randomness and deviation away from exact history of course.

Sebastian will have to confirm whether the training system will be fully implemented for historical too.

And on your last point, yes, we would certainly hope the AI will perform better in all aspects of the game, including historical drafting. That stuff is of course constantly being worked on and tweaked and will continue to be so before release, you can be assured.
Great news! I'm sold! The historical game was too predictable in the old version and now I can have more fun with historical and definitely want to try letting the FHM engine take over for more randomness and deviation. I always wanted that and that's going to make Historical worth playing! Thank you!
Bugsquasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:14 AM   #33
Empach
Minors (Double A)

Sounds good! I'm glad to see you've concentrated on the basics, if things work out as well as they sound this should be a much more satisfying release.
And late May? Earlier than I was expecting!

Very happy to hear that expansion teams made it in, I'd love to get some more details on how that works. Is there an expansion draft? If I control a team other than the new one do I have to protect players?
Empach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:27 AM   #34
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empach View Post

Very happy to hear that expansion teams made it in, I'd love to get some more details on how that works. Is there an expansion draft? If I control a team other than the new one do I have to protect players?
Yes and Yes.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:53 AM   #35
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Will there be a salary cap in this game? Will it be the same or similar to the NHL. Will it be customisable?
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:50 AM   #36
Retteri
Bat Boy

International tournaments won't make to FHM2?
Retteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:37 AM   #37
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

1) Will there be a demo? I don't mind the $30 price tag at all if I can try the game out first.

2) All the talk about online multiplayer, but how's the hotseat multiplayer? Is it in the game?
Teloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:03 AM   #38
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

was disappointed with version 1 but was glad to give my money to support the game ... will buy version 2

UTBA3
Hanson Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:23 AM   #39
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

I am really excited! Day 1 for me for sure!
Swedishgamefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:01 AM   #40
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Will expansion teams be automatically assigned to divisions ?

What about playoffs after expansion? Still the same number of teams in the playoffs or will more teams be added,
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote