Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #21
batdad
Minors (Single A)

Dave...who in there is not waivable? They all suck in one way or another. I would waive every one of them, and have the Blues sign them

Right, I forgot they are all 2nd liners at minimum for your favorite team.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #22
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
right upon starting it up alot of players are placed on waivers that shouldn't be and more troubling is that many players are duplicated.
That is of course not right but the good news is: it should not break the game (worst case, a player gets picked by two teams and will go to the second).

Second good news: the database update on Wednesday will fix this problem, so no player will start on the WW and no player will be listed more then once.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #23
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I'm to TO GM and claimed Kaberle, then regretted it with his lackluster play.

One thing i don't understand is why are there transfer fees while signing prospects from junior to the NHL?
Old 03-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #24
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

I believe junior clubs get paid a fee for every player signed(or drafted?)
Old 03-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #25
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
right upon starting it up alot of players are placed on waivers that shouldn't be and more troubling is that many players are duplicated.
Is anyone else seeing those specific players (Bishop, McElhinney, Dekanich, etc.) duplicated? I'm not getting that when I start the game; I'm wondering if something went wrong when Dave installed the update and a ton of guys got duplicated, forcing the AI to waive them and others.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #26
Mr. Pickles
Bat Boy

Yep, I'm seeing the same players on waivers. Re-installed the new beta over the previous version on two different computers (didn't uninstall first, just installed to the default path) and it happens every time I start on both computers.
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #27
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Is there a way to delete our old save games then? I searched the save game folder and didn't see anything but my original saves are still listed in load a game.
My bad I wasn't looking in the user folder.

Last edited by highheat42; 03-11-2013 at 10:42 PM.
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #28
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
I also believe this to be true. As the NHL team just plucks the player from his team, so they are conpensated for it
Old 03-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #29
analgesic
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Is anyone else seeing those specific players (Bishop, McElhinney, Dekanich, etc.) duplicated? I'm not getting that when I start the game; I'm wondering if something went wrong when Dave installed the update and a ton of guys got duplicated, forcing the AI to waive them and others.
Yep.
analgesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #30
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
Yep, I'm seeing the same players on waivers. Re-installed the new beta over the previous version on two different computers (didn't uninstall first, just installed to the default path) and it happens every time I start on both computers.
Huh, I'm baffled on this one. Duplication usually only happens in the database when an update file creates a new player and the file is imported more than once, but most or all the duplicated guys in Dave's screenshot have been present in the database since the beginning. And Mike's update, the only place where current NHLers should be added, didn't get merged into the database until after the 0.9.4 update.

At any rate, the database update on Wednesday should clean all of that up, whatever's happened. If not, we'll probably have to collect a few saves and start digging through them.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #31
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by analgesic View Post
Thanks Jeff. Today's update is a huge improvement to stability.

A couple questions...

1. Are team finances part of the databases, or calculated solely in-game? It's frustrating to find the Leafs having a bottom-feeder budget while pulling in so much revenue.

All part of the database, but all the team budgets are set to 0 (random) at the moment. My fault, I thought I had set those last weekend when I did the TV revenues and ticket prices, but it must've slipped my mind in the run-up to the release. I'm going to do them tonight so they'll be at more sensible levels in the Wednesday update.

Still, it's kind of stupid for the Leafs to be running a bargain budget in any scenario that doesn't involve Harold Ballard. The AI needs work there.

Quote:
2. Could we get players who are free agents to start already rated, much like players on teams and waivers currently do?
Yeah, I'll flesh out the bigger names myself this week. There's still not going to be much there, given that they reflect current rosters and anybody not playing now probably doesn't have much of a future aside from a few odd cases. Not sure if that'll get done by Wednesday.

Quote:
3. It would be much easier to evaluate the trade AI if it were made easier to quickly see what another team would agree to in trade. OOTP and EHM both have a mechanism to shop a player around the league, and OOTP also has a terrific option which lets you see what additional pieces you could add to a trade offer to bring it up to par. Can you give us an idea of how much a priority this is considered?
It'll probably have to wait at least a week or three; we still have lots of newly-identified broken things to fix before we start adding something like that. Agreed about OOTP's system, maybe we can steal that.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:38 AM   #32
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
Yeah, I think it's a flat sum paid to the CHL by the NHL and then split up according to who had players picked in the draft (if anybody knows the exact compensation scheme, let me know; I've looked around in the news releases for the community-owned WHL teams that publish their financials, but haven't found any details.)

What's in the game now is only a crude and semi-intentional way of simulating that; we can make it a lot more accurate.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #33
MartinGowland
Bat Boy

Quote:
Yeah, I think it's a flat sum paid to the CHL by the NHL and then split up according to who had players picked in the draft (if anybody knows the exact compensation scheme, let me know; I've looked around in the news releases for the community-owned WHL teams that publish their financials, but haven't found any details.)

What's in the game now is only a crude and semi-intentional way of simulating that; we can make it a lot more accurate.
I love the level of detail you guys are going to with this game. Right down to things like compensation fees that a lot of people never even knew about. Exceptional work!
MartinGowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #34
herzkine
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Agree, really awesom how ambitious this project is and as the great list of fixtures within a week shows its not getting lost in them. Game is still far from being really fun to play, but if you keep up this enthusiasm and work ethic until official release it will be all i have been dreaming of.
herzkine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #35
Edster007
All Star Starter

Couldn't find a good thread to post this in and didn't want to bog things down by starting a new one, so now with the update how can I delete all my previous games? With all the starts and stops not getting past certain dates I want to clean up a bit.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #36
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Couldn't find a good thread to post this in and didn't want to bog things down by starting a new one, so now with the update how can I delete all my previous games? With all the starts and stops not getting past certain dates I want to clean up a bit.
Just go to your saved_games folder (in data) and delete the ones you don't want to use anymore. Has OOTP a "delete save" feature?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #37
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

One new thing I have had since the latest update is my players that will be RFA's on their next contract will show their current year stats in the last 4 years area, but any of my upcoming UFA's will not show the current season except in the split stats area.
Attached Images
Image Image 
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #38
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Just go to your saved_games folder (in data) and delete the ones you don't want to use anymore. Has OOTP a "delete save" feature?
That's what I thought, the only thing I see when I go in there is a readme file created on 11/8/12. I went into my OOTP13 and saw my saved baseball game.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #39
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
That's what I thought, the only thing I see when I go in there is a readme file created on 11/8/12. I went into my OOTP13 and saw my saved baseball game.
You're looking in the \program files directory tree. The saves are in \Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\saved_games.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #40
analgesic
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
All part of the database, but all the team budgets are set to 0 (random) at the moment. My fault, I thought I had set those last weekend when I did the TV revenues and ticket prices, but it must've slipped my mind in the run-up to the release. I'm going to do them tonight so they'll be at more sensible levels in the Wednesday update.

Still, it's kind of stupid for the Leafs to be running a bargain budget in any scenario that doesn't involve Harold Ballard. The AI needs work there.
Thanks!

Quote:
Yeah, I'll flesh out the bigger names myself this week. There's still not going to be much there, given that they reflect current rosters and anybody not playing now probably doesn't have much of a future aside from a few odd cases. Not sure if that'll get done by Wednesday.
Yeah, it's not a priority -- it's pretty obvious who the names are. It's just odd to see no ratings for Lidstrom, Arnott, etc.

FYI, Mike Commodore signed with the Hamilton Bulldogs.

Quote:
It'll probably have to wait at least a week or three; we still have lots of newly-identified broken things to fix before we start adding something like that. Agreed about OOTP's system, maybe we can steal that.
Absolutely, just wanted to throw it out there as something that would be useful once the major bugs are out of the way.

Last edited by analgesic; 03-12-2013 at 01:20 PM.
analgesic is offline   Reply With Quote