Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 12-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
reds1
Hall Of Famer

MLB Jersey Project

From time to time, there have been requests on the board for historical MLB jerseys and caps of the last 40 years or so. I've done some of these but my collection has been piecemeal. Thus for the past 2-1/2 months, I've set about creating a nearly complete set of caps and jerseys (home, road and alternate) for all the MLB teams as well as the Expos, Pilots and Senators from around 1969 through to 2015.

I used 1969 as the starting point in this project, since that is the starting point used in Bill Henderson's wonderful MLB Game Worn Guide. That was my primary guide for the jerseys. For the caps, I referred to Dressed to the Nines and Chris Creamer's SportsLogos websites and google searches. ColorWerx was used for team colors.

I also created some posters for each team showing a timeline for when the uniforms were worn in each team's respective history.

The UPDATED links for downloading the 2015 set (designed for use in OOTP14 & OOTP15 & OOTP16) of the caps, jerseys, logos & poster collection are available here:

Many thanks to all the mod creators for their generosity in sharing their templates and ideas!

I hope you will find these useful and if you come across any errors or omissions, please let me know!

Last edited by reds1; 05-23-2021 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Updated for 2015
reds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Very impressive collection... Extremely nice work... Thank you for sharing it....

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
truthserum
All Star Starter

What a project!! Trying to get all the piping right would have drove me absolutely bonkers. Excellent job!!
truthserum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:15 AM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Thank You so much for this. You are the only one who has finally gotten the White Sox uniforms 100% accurate.
Attached Images
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:39 AM   #5
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Excellent work. It looks like there is still a button pad or button down separation line for the pullover jerseys, though. Can this be fixed?

It would be a massive project, but if you were able to do past decades as well, it would be a great update now that there are new and improved templates.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
knuckler
Hall Of Famer

I know how much research and hard work you put into this, Daren, and it's much appreciated. The uniforms look amazing!
knuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I'm not much into simulating the MLB universe but these are fantastic.

Beautiful.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #8
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Just got done putting all the 2008 uniforms in my game. Thanx again.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Thank you for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hough View Post
Excellent work. It looks like there is still a button pad or button down separation line for the pullover jerseys, though. Can this be fixed?

It would be a massive project, but if you were able to do past decades as well, it would be a great update now that there are new and improved templates.
Unfortunately, that crease down the front of the jersey is added by OOTP after the jersey is loaded. It would be nice if that could be eliminated, since its really not needed, especially now that custom made jerseys are much more sophisticated than they were when facegen was first introduced.

I have thought about doing past decades, but that will have to be for a later time. I know No Pepper has created an excellent collection of historical jerseys that run up to the 1960s, so perhaps they kind of compliment each other.

However, one interesting challenge would be the satin jerseys some of the teams wore in the 1940s. I'm not sure if there's a texture that can replicate that satin sheen, but it wouldn't be surprise me in the least if one of our great mod makers came up with one!
Old 12-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #10
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Reds1, what about a futuristic set? I know it would be hard to predict what teams might do 25 yrs from now, but I mix & match caps & jerseys from different years to try to make some uniforms look great some look really bad.
With all the 2012 Houston Astros jerseys out there and other possible futuristic jerseys it would be nice to have it all done by one person.
One jersey I use for the 2016 Chicago White Sox is the St Patty's day uniform that they were in ST. Don't have a road jersey in green. I use the NYY BP cap for some future leagues.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:50 AM   #11
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Reds1, what about a futuristic set? I know it would be hard to predict what teams might do 25 yrs from now, but I mix & match caps & jerseys from different years to try to make some uniforms look great some look really bad.
With all the 2012 Houston Astros jerseys out there and other possible futuristic jerseys it would be nice to have it all done by one person.
One jersey I use for the 2016 Chicago White Sox is the St Patty's day uniform that they were in ST. Don't have a road jersey in green. I use the NYY BP cap for some future leagues.
A futuristic set would be a challenge, at least for me, as I'm not very good at 'projecting' stuff like into the future. And what do you do with teams that are tradition-minded, like the Tigers, Yankees and Dodgers? I can see them looking pretty much like they do now, just as they did 60 years ago. But that could be a fun exercise.

At the moment, I was going to take a little break and then early in the new year focus on getting up to speed with the minor league teams that have updated their uniforms.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #12
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

This is a fine collection of MLB jerseys. Love the fact that you took the time to complete both home and road replicas. Solid job.

Last edited by DreamTeams; 12-26-2012 at 01:56 PM.
DreamTeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #13
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Great job Reds1. Love your work with jerseys.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #14
cheo25
All Star Reserve

These are great. Thanks so much for doing this.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #15
Jordan
All Star Starter

very helpful for historical purposes. Many thanks for your hard work
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #16
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

As an avid historical player, these uniforms are a godsend. Thanks so much for all your hard work!
tayloraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #17
No Pepper
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds1 View Post
I have thought about doing past decades, but that will have to be for a later time. I know No Pepper has created an excellent collection of historical jerseys that run up to the 1960s, so perhaps they kind of compliment each other.
I have been working on an update of my set up to current day but seeing reds1's work I'll cut it off where you begin. Basically its just changing out the shading and adding sleeve detail. All personal preferences as all our styles are a bit different. I'm still on OOTP12 so I lack the expanded FG profile with the sleeves so all these necessary additions are a bit busy-work for me atm. The problem has been getting time and energy to do all these home/road/alts throughout time. My layers in PS are a bit messy so that adds to the time involved. Let me know if this is a wasted effort (doing it myself if you aren't) or you want to pool our efforts to get it done quicker. I'm not all satisfied with the collection that Gambo put together, but that is not his fault.
No Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #18
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Pepper View Post
I have been working on an update of my set up to current day but seeing reds1's work I'll cut it off where you begin. Basically its just changing out the shading and adding sleeve detail. All personal preferences as all our styles are a bit different. I'm still on OOTP12 so I lack the expanded FG profile with the sleeves so all these necessary additions are a bit busy-work for me atm. The problem has been getting time and energy to do all these home/road/alts throughout time. My layers in PS are a bit messy so that adds to the time involved. Let me know if this is a wasted effort (doing it myself if you aren't) or you want to pool our efforts to get it done quicker. I'm not all satisfied with the collection that Gambo put together, but that is not his fault.
I had no immediate plans to augment my collection with with uniforms prior to 1970. One of the reasons I went ahead with this project in the first place was because of the level of detail provided in Bill Henderson's guide, detailing year-by-year changes, such as piping and shoulder patches for each team. Seeing photos of actual jerseys made it so much easier and at times contradicted what was shown in Dressed to the Nines and Chris Creamer's database.

If there was an equally reliable database for earlier uniforms, as well as freely available graphics, then it might be worth considering.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #19
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Where can all of the logos be found?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #20
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Where can all of the logos be found?