Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #81
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

Franchise Hockey Manager 2013

Like Both Wolverinestudios and Greydogsoftware ootpdevelopments uses their own licensing software for their games. I believe that is very highly unlikely that they will sell their games on steam. Steam uses a different licensing program as well. Steam is for mostly big companies like EASports, Sigames, and other big companies. OOTPDEVELOPMENTS is a small company so it would be stupid for their them to sell their games on steam. As far the game itself goes It's pretty clear that they will release it to us whenever they feel it's ready for release. You don't a game released with all kinds of big bugs in it including RTE or anything like that.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #82
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredreed View Post
Like Both Wolverinestudios and Greydogsoftware ootpdevelopments uses their own licensing software for their games. I believe that is very highly unlikely that they will sell their games on steam. Steam uses a different licensing program as well. Steam is for mostly big companies like EASports, Sigames, and other big companies. OOTPDEVELOPMENTS is a small company so it would be stupid for their them to sell their games on steam. As far the game itself goes It's pretty clear that they will release it to us whenever they feel it's ready for release. You don't a game released with all kinds of big bugs in it including RTE or anything like that.
Actually, it's already been confirmed, albeit "unofficially" on Facebook, that they will try to get Franchise Hockey Manager onto Steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise Hockey Manager Facebook
...Now that Valve has opened the doors to Steam Greenlight, we're hopeful we can get OOTP and FHM on there, if enough people in the community say they want them.
In fact, Out of the Park 13 has already been up for vote on Greenlight for a couple months (Greenlight: Out of the Park Baseball 13).

And, just to clear the air before this news erupts into the usual Steam-paranoia-fest, I believe they have emphasized to the OOTP community that this is in no way a declaration of exclusivity with Steam; That Steam will be merely an additional buying option for those that prefer it. I think it's safe to assume they'll do the same with FHM, and that a young game like this will only benefit from that extra exposure.
Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #83
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinson View Post
I think it's safe to assume they'll do the same with FHM, and that a young game like this will only benefit from that extra exposure.
As long as it's not exclusive to Steam then i'm good with it. Alot of people love steam so you are right it would bring extra exposure. Truth is steam wronged me years ago so i've boycott them from then on for every game and i don't see myself using it for anything. (Except the odd time when i purchase a game instore or on gamersgate and it forces me to use steam amyways)
Old 12-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #84
n00bxQb
Bat Boy

Well, I don't know how he gets them, but my brother seems to send me a 25% off or 50% off coupon every couple of months on Steam, so that would obviously be a significant chunk of money saved.

In either case, I'll be buying the game whether it be directly from the site or on Steam.
n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #85
geckon
Hall Of Famer

According to the FHM twitter account it seems that the game won't be available on Steam although I assume (from the tweet) that the developers would like to make it.
(Disclaimer: This is solely my interpretation of the tweet in question. I am not in any relation to the developers. )
geckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #86
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
According to the FHM twitter account it seems that the game won't be available on Steam although I assume (from the tweet) that the developers would like to make it.
(Disclaimer: This is solely my interpretation of the tweet in question. I am not in any relation to the developers. )
If you don't mind me correcting you a bit here, this tweet is basically saying that they aren't expecting to get FHM on Steam, given the failure of OOTP to pass Greenlight. They could still try, but it now looks doubtful.

Personally, I'm not surprised that OOTP failed. These text-based management sims just aren't appealing to the typical gamer who's voting on Greenlight. They deserve the exposure, but Greenlight's more of a popularity contest than a charity. Honestly, I think Greenlight is a bit of joke, but that's a topic for another day

Last edited by Stinson; 12-04-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #87
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

what caught my attention more in that tweet was now it's early 2013 as opposed to late decemeber to early 2013. Then again, and no offense to the guy who posts the tweets, but nothing i see there in my mind is quite official. But it wouldn't surprise me seeing as how it's already december for the game to be released late jan to early feb of 2013. Too bad i took those days off at the end of this year.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #88
geckon
Hall Of Famer

You shouldn't take days off before you are _sure_ it will be released at that time :-)
geckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #89
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

Franchise Hockey Manager 2013

Let me get this straight the hockey sim won't be released on steam at least until early Jan or feb 2013 at the earliest but does this mean It will be delayed being released to us regularly in December 2012 like It was scheduled.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #90
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Let me get this straight the hockey sim won't be released on steam at least until early Jan or feb 2013 at the earliest but does this mean It will be delayed being released to us regularly in December 2012 like It was scheduled.
Well, they're still well within their original estimate, which was "late 2012 to early 2013". Expecting it to be December was pretty optimistic, and it's probably a bit unfair to consider it a delay.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #91
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They have never put a concrete "it will be released for sure" time on anything as far as I know. I think it was more of, this is around the time we hope to release it.

Personally, with December here, it would be nice to hear something about the progress of the game. How close they think they might be, anything really.

That being said, as long as its not a dead project, I'm fine with waiting because I do want this game as quick as it can be released but I also want a solid out of the box game that will hold my interests.
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #92
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

Franchise hockey manger 2013

According to the twitter page it's looking more like January 2013 instead of December 2012. They said it could be released late December but hopefully they will give us news on when the game will be released . Since they never really gave us any certain date I think that we just need to be patient.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #93
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

another dev diary (with a couple screenshots) will tie me over for another month...

Guess my christmas is coming late...

Last edited by dave1927p; 12-05-2012 at 10:28 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:06 AM   #94
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Steam: I'm pretty sure we will add FHM to Steam Greenlight, even if chances are slim. The game will not be exclusive to Steam, if you want to buy it directly from us you are more then welcome to do so.

Release Date: We never said more then "Late 2012/Early 2013" because we don't want to disappoint people. With just 2 people work on FHM, every day we lose to illness (or other reasons) hurts a lot.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 AM   #95
MartinGowland
Bat Boy

Hi guys. I'm new to the OOTP format and just wondered how easy this editor is to use. I ask because I am thinking about doing a fictional game with a total restructure of the UK leagues and just hoped it would be easy enough for my simple brain to achieve!!
MartinGowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:59 AM   #96
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinGowland View Post
Hi guys. I'm new to the OOTP format and just wondered how easy this editor is to use. I ask because I am thinking about doing a fictional game with a total restructure of the UK leagues and just hoped it would be easy enough for my simple brain to achieve!!
I don't now what you mean by "total restructure". You can enable the editor directly in the game (a.k.a. Commish mode), move/add/remove teams/divisions/conferences, alter rules and then save the result as new quickstart (as long as you do the changes before you simulate any games) for you to use or to share it with the community.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #97
MartinGowland
Bat Boy

You pretty much covered all the things I wanted to do there!! It sounds pretty simple. Thanks for the quick response and thanks for giving us this game in the first place. Hero!!
MartinGowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #98
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I don't now what you mean by "total restructure". You can enable the editor directly in the game (a.k.a. Commish mode), move/add/remove teams/divisions/conferences, alter rules and then save the result as new quickstart (as long as you do the changes before you simulate any games) for you to use or to share it with the community.
Will the schedules have real playing dates and can you edit the schedules?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #99
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Will the schedules have real playing dates and can you edit the schedules?
Yes (for the playable leagues) and yes. The schedule format is almost the same as OOTP schedules, we just added an arena field (for stuff like Winter Classic).
Old 12-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #100
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Yes (for the playable leagues) and yes. The schedule format is almost the same as OOTP schedules, we just added an arena field (for stuff like Winter Classic).
Back in the early 1990's the NHL played neutral site regular season games. Will that be possible with the schedule editor with other leagues besides the NHL? I remember the NY Islanders played the NY Rangers in Portland,Oregon.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote