Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Suggestions and Feature Wish List
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Suggestions and Feature Wish List Let us know what you would like to see in future versions of OOTP! OOTPBM 2006 is in development, and there is still time left to get your suggestions into the game.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
mad0die
All Star Reserve

HTML structure

More and more hosting companies are enacting file count limits per folder. I have a 32 team league with 5 minor-leagues and I can't get much of it to upload to my hosting b/c of how many individual files are placed into each folder in the HTML generation. This despite having tons of physical disk space available.

I suggest that the HTML is broken down into more folders (esp. the teams and players folders) to get around this problem.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
Nugget699
Major Leagues

I agree, however I'd much rather see all the information placed into database files so websites can be generated with MySQL. That would potentially reduce file uploads from a few thousands to a few hundred at most.
Nugget699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget699 View Post
I agree, however I'd much rather see all the information placed into database files so websites can be generated with MySQL. That would potentially reduce file uploads from a few thousands to a few hundred at most.
Most of the information needed to recreate the game generated HTML from a dynamically generated language (such as PHP) is already available in the MySQL dump. There are some key things missing that still need to be added for that to be there.

I'm curious if the OP's host has the same file limits for more premium accounts. My host doesn't seem to have a problem with my folders.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

As long as this doesn't slow down my solo experience OR take away resources from improving AI roster management and the financial model then I'm all for it. Keep in mind that this game is predominatly played solo by Markus' already tiny niche market so he really should focus on the bread and butter and not the chaff.

Problem is online players are the most demanding and most vocal yet they are the smallest minority. I say fix solo play first and get to the after thought later.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 12-03-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
I'm curious if the OP's host has the same file limits for more premium accounts. My host doesn't seem to have a problem with my folders.
It's a shared hosting account on GoDaddy. They told me to get expanded folder limits, I'd need to pay for dedicated hosting which goes beyond the pricing model for a not-for-profit hobby. My old host didn't have these limits, but it had bigger problems. Unfortunately, this type of limitation is not always easy to figure out when you are shopping for hosting, but it does seem to be coming more and more prevalent.

Last edited by mad0die; 12-03-2012 at 10:04 PM.
mad0die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
As long as this doesn't slow down my solo experience OR take away resources from improving AI roster management and the financial model then I'm all for it. Keep in mind that this game is predominatly played solo by Markus' already tiny niche market so he really should focus on the bread and butter and not the chaff.

Problem is online players are the most demanding and most vocal yet they are the smallest minority. I say fix solo play first and get to the after thought later.
What persona are you playing here? Your dumb, but tough half-orc barbarian?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #7
DenverZeppo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

Are you kidding me!? You join a fifteen plus year old established online league, make a buffoon out of yourself, and then whine that someone might actually want online functionality that works!?!?

You should have made an effort to be yourself rather treating your first online league some great experiment in Baseball: The Roleplaying Saga.

You should have understood that people aren't a poorly programmed AI, and in that respect you should have made smart trades, made smart FA signings, and drafted intelligently.

You should have put in a modicum of effort to become part of the league, rather than behaving like a sideshow, a circus clown.

Online leagues are like life. You get out what you put in. You put in poo and you got back poo. It's really too bad that you now use that one experience that you ruined to bad mouth online leagues when we ask for help...

GM of Denver Bears - GUBA Reboot - 2012 to Present - GUBA Forums
DenverZeppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #8
goldfinger77
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Ugh. You are the /worst/.
goldfinger77 is offline   Reply With Quote