Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 11-23-2012, 07:01 AM   #21
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
For those of you who got it to work all you did was.....download, install select league under Start QS Game and bam good to go correct? Just trying to make sure I didn't do something wrong or mess something up.
That's how I installed the NCAA QS. We doin it right.

edit: and now the server is working. Guys, try it again.

Last edited by StrikeFour; 11-23-2012 at 07:16 AM.
StrikeFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #22
Attualista
Bat Boy

I'm having the same problem with the "world dat." file
Attualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #23
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attualista View Post
I'm having the same problem with the "world dat." file
Not sure why it's working for some and not others..The pre-release Worked perfect for me.
Make sure all these files except the "roster.zip" are in that quickstart games folder. I'm assuming this public release should be the same as what I tested. I haven't tried the public release yet, but will and let you know if I have problems.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bigrod; 11-23-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #24
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Just dl'd, installed, started the game and everything worked perfect..Everything in the folder is exactly the same as the screenshot in my post above. Only reason I can think of as to why it's not working for some is either a bad download or the files are not being put in the correct folder when you install. You can try to manually install it and see if that helps.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #25
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
For those of you who got it to work all you did was.....download, install select league under Start QS Game and bam good to go correct? Just trying to make sure I didn't do something wrong or mess something up.
100% Correct.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #26
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
You can try to manually install it and see if that helps.
I unzipped it from the add ons downloads cut & pasted into quickstart folder and still get a crash.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #27
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not sure why it's working for some and not others..The pre-release Worked perfect for me.
Make sure all these files except the "roster.zip" are in that quickstart games folder. I'm assuming this public release should be the same as what I tested. I haven't tried the public release yet, but will and let you know if I have problems.
Here is what mine shows.
Attached Images
Image Image 
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #28
jaax
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Does not work for me either.. cannot load bad world file. Running on a Mac laptop. Tried to re-install a bunch of times and manually download/copy & paste to quickstart folder, still not working.
jaax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #29
slugga27
All Star Starter

Anyone notice how, with th end-of-season quickstart, the modifiers for all the minor leagues have reverted to 1.000? It skews the stats very favorably for the hitters and very unfavorably for pitchers.
slugga27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #30
Attualista
Bat Boy

Quote:
Just dl'd, installed, started the game and everything worked perfect..Everything in the folder is exactly the same as the screenshot in my post above. Only reason I can think of as to why it's not working for some is either a bad download or the files are not being put in the correct folder when you install. You can try to manually install it and see if that helps.
I have all the same files in my folder. I'm on a mac laptop as well. I tried reinstalling it a few times and have the same issue.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #31
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Quote:
I too am a bit stymied as to why some are having problems getting this to work and yet others have no troubles at all. Just like Bigrod, I too tested this over in BETA and it worked just fine for me.

One thing I can think of that may be causing some folks here some difficulties is the amount of traffic on OOTP's server. Also, as always, I recommend anyone running anti-virus software to temporarily disable it and if you are behind a firewall and know how to temporarily disable it, then please do so. Lastly, stop any running programs/applications. Then try downloading and installing the QS.

Please let us know if you need any help.

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #32
Recte44
Global Moderator

Can't download at all now. Server crash?
Old 11-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #33
Royalsusedtorule
Minors (Triple A)

I cannot even get the Quickstart 2012 End of Season to download ...

Every time I try, I get a message Add-Ons Dialog - could not download ...

I tried it with my firewall off and got the same message ...

Very disappointed - was looking forward to this ...

Anyone have ideas?
Royalsusedtorule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #34
royalblue5
All Star Reserve

2012 stats are not listed for players, might be why dickey is 1 star
Awesome having rosters setup, but, with wrong ratings because of no 2012 stats how realistic can it be.

I may be missing something though, excited about possibilities though, any help?
royalblue5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:18 AM   #35
outrider64
Major Leagues

Quote:
Correct. I went to add on central from the main menu. Download and installed, then went to start QS Game and the files loaded. Then it automatically switched to the league home page. Basically I followed the steps described in the newsletter.

Last edited by outrider64; 11-24-2012 at 03:21 AM.
outrider64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:23 AM   #36
Bowtie
All Star Starter

To those that are having problems downloading this QS file:

In the event you have tried everything and can not possibly download this QS from the Add-On Central, I am providing an alternate download site. The first thing you need to do though is to create a new folder inside the quickstart_games folder named "Majors 2012 End of Season.quick" (minus the quotation marks). Then download the QS file from my MediaFire account. It should be noted that the download file is a WinZip file. So you will need to unzip the contents into your newly created "Majors 2012 End of Season.quick" folder.

Here is the link to download: http://www.mediafire.com/?mcdzzmqdj1l04ej

Please let me know if you need any help.

Cheers,
Bowtie

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #37
5cards
All Star Reserve

I'm having a slightly... unusual issue, not sure if it's intentional or not. I downloaded and installed the QS properly. However, when I load it up, I'm at the start of the 2012 season. Like Royalblue, no 2012 stats are listed. I know that there's a lot of discussion going on here, so if someone wants to PM me feel free.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #38
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

It's working for me the End of Season Rosters but other one can't load and want to.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #39
Attualista
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
To those that are having problems downloading this QS file:

In the event you have tried everything and can not possibly download this QS from the Add-On Central, I am providing an alternate download site. The first thing you need to do though is to create a new folder inside the quickstart_games folder named "Majors 2012 End of Season.quick" (minus the quotation marks). Then download the QS file from my MediaFire account. It should be noted that the download file is a WinZip file. So you will need to unzip the contents into your newly created "Majors 2012 End of Season.quick" folder.

Here is the link to download: http://www.mediafire.com/?mcdzzmqdj1l04ej

Please let me know if you need any help.

Cheers,
Bowtie
Thanks for your help on this, but I'm still getting the "could not load world file" error even after downloading from your link and expanding the contents into the QS folder. I wonder what the problem is!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #40
Recte44
Global Moderator

Make sure you are on the most recent version of OOTP.