Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #81
bubba22plus
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanito89 View Post
One thing I'd like to see added in this "big update" is the ability to compare players in our league with players in other leagues (or games).

I'd be content just being able to compare the fictional players in my fictional-only league with players from the MLB history, in addition to comparing them with players in my league.

Knowing at a glance that some fictional guy is a Tony Gwynn type, or a Adam Dunn, type, etc., says a lot about them. You get to use the knowledge of the real MLB most of us already have, to our advantage in the game.

By being able to compare fictional players only to other fictional players, it doesn't help a lot unless we're familiar with our entire fictional universe.

Edit: yay, I'm now in rookie ball!
At least you get to play.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:32 PM   #82
juanito89
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba22plus View Post
At least you get to play.
Must suck, being in the reserves
Old 04-28-2010, 06:38 PM   #83
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Well, this is a very small thing, but desirable if it would be easy to do. I'd like baseball cards to be customizable, or to have a template, that would allow this much information on one side:
Attached Images
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #84
LiquidTester
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
Well, this is a very small thing, but desirable if it would be easy to do. I'd like baseball cards to be customizable, or to have a template, that would allow this much information on one side:
I haven't bought baseball cards in 20 years. But, back in the day, they put "Game Winning RBI" as a stat. Anyone else like this stat? I know it's not useful in a Sabermetric way, but it's the equivalent of W-L record which isn't too Sabermetric either, just fun to see.
LiquidTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:08 PM   #85
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
I have these logged with the development team already. (baseball cards are customizable already, but I believe you may have meant, "I'd like to have at least these fields available as tokens for customization") We'll see just what they'll be able to do.

Last edited by BMW; 04-28-2010 at 07:10 PM.
BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #86
treedom
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the update on the update.

My request for a small feature, as always, is more keyboard shortcuts.

I've been playing this game for almost a decade, and all the clickety-clickety's gonna make the carpal tunnel catch up with me very soon, I fear!!

Last edited by treedom; 04-28-2010 at 07:17 PM.
treedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #87
CD1083
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanito89 View Post
Must suck, being in the reserves
huh? did you say something...your avatar is....is....huh? was I saying something?
CD1083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #88
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedom View Post
Thanks for the update on the update.

My request for a small feature, as always, is more keyboard shortcuts.

I've been playing this game for almost a decade, and the carpal tunnel's gonna catch up to me very soon, I fear!!
Used to be able to promote/demote with F1, F2 (AAA), F3 (AA), F4 (A).

Would love to see that available again, especially in conjunction with mass select.
Jaxxvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #89
professor ape
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK881 View Post
I would love to see the custom playoffs improved. To me, this is the only aspect of the game that is unfinished. I would like to see this ability to have the highest seed play the lowest seed throughout the playoffs. Also, adding byes to the playoffs would be great too. Lastly, giving the user some options to determine tiebreakers at the end of the year to determine who wins a division, and who gets the final playoff spots. I think this can be implemented Very easily, just look at Tony M's playoff editor!!

Thanks and great job on the game!
YES! YES! YES! As I have said too many times over the years, PLEASE give me my byes in the playoffs! This would be a great first step in a larger playoff development (double elimination, round robin, etc). I also do like the suggestion above for the NHL style re-seeding after each round but the byes would be the greatest gift of all.
professor ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #90
treedom
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxvain View Post
Used to be able to promote/demote with F1, F2 (AAA), F3 (AA), F4 (A).

Would love to see that available again, especially in conjunction with mass select.
I know you can tie bookmarks to F2 through F10, which is a start. But it would be nice to be able to have more than 9 keys.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #91
juanito89
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Davis View Post
huh? did you say something...your avatar is....is....huh? was I saying something?
almost seems like this is the only fair lady beautifying these forums with her presence

also seems like nobody'll take me seriously
Old 04-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #92
Mntwins
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Record of a pitcher winning the "triple crown".

There's a news story about it when it happens, but that's it, doesn't show on the player's history, and there's no tracking of how many times it's happened historically in a league.
Yes, please track this.
And please bring back player of the week!
Mntwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #93
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire View Post
Haven't completed a season yet, so I'm going by what others have reported. It seems the game still isn't assgning home field advantage in the second and subsequent rounds of the playoffs to the right team, as discussed in this thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-playoffs.html. I was one of the complainers about this in version X. If this is still a problem, can we get a fix so that the team with the better regular season record gets home field in each playoff round, regardless of the first round results? I know in version X that, for example, if a 4th place team beat the 1st place team in the first round, that 4th place team would get home field over the 2nd place team in round two.
Good suggestion and much needed.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #94
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
draft postion added to player card

I posted this suggestion awhile ago in this thread http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ayer-card.html

With all of the room on this screen I was wondering if it would be possible to add the player's draft history or original non-draft signing with a club. I would add it to the top line above player expectation but it could go where ever Markus thought best. I'd find it interesting to see how and when he came in the league while looking at his current expectations and various time of service.
Attached Images
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #95
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
add age to salary report

How about adding player age to the salary report? Very useful info to have at hand while reviewing your clubs salaries.
Attached Images
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #96
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Change the current Broadcast Screen Player indicator so it doesn't crop their image. Most annoying aspect of the game.... Here's this great Facegen feature, but we won't let you see the full image on the broadcast screen's field. What?
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:16 PM   #97
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
Pinch hitting depth chart vs. RHP and LHP.
This should never have been taken out of the game and needs to go back in it ASAP.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #98
robc
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOWDERHEAD View Post
Agreed! It is frustrating that I cannot just choose a team and look through their roster to find the player I would like to compare. I have also noticed that the "compare recently viewed player" is not working. I have had multiple instances in which I did go to another player (different team) and when I go back to the compare player screen that player was not listed as having been recently viewed.
I reported a bug on this that was sent to development, so I assume it is going to be fixed. The recently viewed list is replacing the most recently viewed player once it fills up instead of the one that was viewed the longest time ago when a new player is viewed.
robc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #99
robc
Hall Of Famer

Ability for add on central to support updated mods

Currently you have to do a little dance to update an installed add on if the add on gets modified. Instead of uninstalling the add on, deleting the file, etc..., it would be nice if add on central had an apply update button when appropriate.
robc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #100
discodude5
Major Leagues

Please add an * or have the player name a different color in the retired page to indicate they are in the hall of fame.
Would make it a lot easier to manually induct players after 5 years of retirement.
discodude5 is offline   Reply With Quote