Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 05:43 AM   #61
DenverZeppo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Are we any closer to knowing about this? I'd almost rather buy a stupid Windoze PC than set up a dang PayPal account, but neither one is going to happen for this game...

It's irritating watching me lose a spot in one of my leagues that made the changeover, be on the verge of losing a spot in the second league, and knowing that the third and fourth leagues are making the changeovers following the current season...

Do we know anything? Can we get the game yet without buying a stinking PC?

Just getting frustrated and hoping someone can tell us something. I understand we're a small minority of your customer base, so if we're being ignored and there is no solution forthcoming I'd appreciate someone just being honest and telling us to find a new game.

Thanks,
Zep
Old 08-03-2009, 02:49 AM   #62
DenverZeppo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'd like to say one thing...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

I mean, really. So we finally decide we'll go ahead and set up a stupid PayPal account, add a credit card, and then pay for this game, promptly deleting the account immediately afterwards...

What do I get for my trouble?

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source.

You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

So now PayPal needs my BANK ACCOUNT!?!? This is preposterous. Next the checker at Wal-Mart is going to want to me to give her DNA in order to take a credit card.

Is this getting fixed? If this problem causes me to lose one more league you start to lose customers for life. There is no greater power than a journalist with internet access.

Can we get something resembling an answer!? From someone?

Zep
Old 08-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #63
pedersenk
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverZeppo View Post
I'd like to say one thing...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

I mean, really. So we finally decide we'll go ahead and set up a stupid PayPal account, add a credit card, and then pay for this game, promptly deleting the account immediately afterwards...

What do I get for my trouble?

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source.

You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

So now PayPal needs my BANK ACCOUNT!?!? This is preposterous. Next the checker at Wal-Mart is going to want to me to give her DNA in order to take a credit card.

Is this getting fixed? If this problem causes me to lose one more league you start to lose customers for life. There is no greater power than a journalist with internet access.

Can we get something resembling an answer!? From someone?

Zep
I'd like an answer on this as well. This game has been out for two months now.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #64
rujasu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

If this is a dead issue, I'd really like to know about it. Yeah, there's not much I can do about it, being 1% of the market and all, but it's been claimed that "this is being dealt with" and it seems fairly clear to me that this is not the case. I'm disappointed, but I'd appreciate some honest communication.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #65
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

You don't have to set up an account to use PayPal any more. You can just use your credit card.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...ccount-outside

"PayPal has optimized the checkout experience with an exciting improvement to our payment flow.

For new buyers, signing up for a PayPal account is now optional. This means your customers can complete their payments first, and then decide whether to save their information in a PayPal account for future purchases. The checkout is more convenient, resulting in more completed sales and satisfied customers."

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #66
rujasu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleus Dei View Post
You don't have to set up an account to use PayPal any more. You can just use your credit card.
I can confirm that this works. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #67
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rujasu View Post
I can confirm that this works. Thanks.
You're welcome.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #68
battists
Hall Of Famer

Ironically considering MD's post, our Mac/Linux web store can now accept credit card payments. See, that only took a day or two.

I'm going to close this thread out and de-stickify it!