Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 04:44 AM   #41
Rainers
Minors (Single A)

Guys,

Small business have to work a little bit different than the large companies that we are used to buying from through mass distributing companies. The large companies, because of their multiple sources of income can afford to offer many more options to the customer than the small companies can. At some point if OOTP begins to offer to much overhead options a thing called marginal revenue comes into play; meaning that at a certain point it becomes counterproductive for a company to offer options and still make revenue that covers overhead and provides the company with profit.

That being said PayPal has been an option that has worked in the past for those of us that have bought OOTP . It has work well for Markus and his customers and he knows what it will do to his over all profit margin to use this service. I think that if we look at it from a business point of view he is being very generous in looking (which he has stated that he is exploring options) into another service that will cut into his overall profits that he will make.

Bottom line he is offering a great product, at a resonable price and he has bills to pay, but he is willing to go that extra mile to look for other options that may cut into his bottom line.

Relax and give him a break,

Rainers
Old 04-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #42
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
*=I know this because when I beat him, he reported me. That's how the complaint driven process was brought to my attention. The moderator who had to deal with it told me that he saw nothing offensive in my post, but because it was reported I had to either edit it or be given a warning. That was the day The Wolf went on my 'Ignore' list. Hey, once I beat him, there was no reason to keep playing.
This is hysterical. After Curtis lost the argument he started tossing personal insults, which the moderator had him remove. (Since when do moderators require anything non-offensive to be removed? LOL.) His story bears zero resemblance to anything that actually happened.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:46 AM   #43
morningstar8
Minors (Single A)

Status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Unfortunately, Paypal in Germany no longer allows to make a purchase through Paypal without creating a Paypal account.

We were not aware of this, so we are now looking for an alternative way to pay via creditcard. This will probably take a couple of weeks, but will definitely be sorted within the preorder period.

So, if you want to preorder for Mac or Linux, but are uncomfortable registering a Paypal account, then please wait until we have sorted the situation.

Thank you for your understanding

Best,
Markus
Any news yet? The preorder period will likely be ending soon; what's the current status?
Old 05-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #44
DenverZeppo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'd be interested in knowing as well. Are we any closer to a solution for this? I'd like to get my pre-order done, but I still don't want a Paypal account.

Thanks for any info!

Zep
Old 05-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #45
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverZeppo View Post
I'd be interested in knowing as well. Are we any closer to a solution for this? I'd like to get my pre-order done, but I still don't want a Paypal account.

Thanks for any info!

Zep
Yep, I'm concerned about this too and am wondering what is happening.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #46
RebelFan
Minors (Single A)

Markus

Now that a release week and the ending date of the reduced price period have been announced, don't you think it's about time you or someone from PISD puts this issue to rest? Will there be an alternative to Paypal or not? Three months ago you asked for a few weeks to sort this out and that was the last from you on the subject. If PISD Webstore has made a business decision not to accept direct credit card purchases and no other viable alternative was found, that's OK. I know you and others involved with the game have been busy. But if someone was actually looking for an alternative as you said, surely sometime in the last three months they could have found the five minutes it would have taken to post the results of their efforts.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #47
jabrown6940
Minors (Triple A)

Just a thought. Could you get a prepay cc card and use that? That way you could use that card with $29.99 prepaid on it. I don't know if this can be done. I disliked the whole idea of Paypal but I already had an account because I needed to buy something on eBay previously.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:38 AM   #48
rujasu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I say this with all due respect to everyone here -- I think OOTPDev is a great company that makes an awesome game, and I'm sure this version will be great as well -- but it looks like I'll be skipping this version. The company has every right to ignore the users' requests, particularly the requests of a very small minority of their userbase, but the users are equally entitled to not buy the product for whatever reason they wish.

If OOTP 11 is available for Linux without a PayPal account required, I'll be more than happy to buy. Until then, I'll be saving my $30. I'm disappointed, but I intend no bitterness or hard feelings.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #49
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelFan View Post
Markus

Now that a release week and the ending date of the reduced price period have been announced, don't you think it's about time you or someone from PISD puts this issue to rest? Will there be an alternative to Paypal or not? Three months ago you asked for a few weeks to sort this out and that was the last from you on the subject. If PISD Webstore has made a business decision not to accept direct credit card purchases and no other viable alternative was found, that's OK. I know you and others involved with the game have been busy. But if someone was actually looking for an alternative as you said, surely sometime in the last three months they could have found the five minutes it would have taken to post the results of their efforts.
c'mon guys, please put this issue to rest one way or another. i would love to buy this year's product for linux, but can't until all purchasing options have been definitively laid out.

i've been buying this game for windows since 6.5 and would love to ditch this windows box for good. please give me this opprortunity to do so.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #50
morningstar8
Minors (Single A)

Andreas Raht says non-Paypal option coming

FYI, from the thread called "Windows version allowed on Linux via WINE?":

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
I'm sorry, we are working on the non-Paypal option but there are some problems. As soon as the credit card account finally works we will just offer the Mac and Linux version for the discounted price for a week or so. We'll send a newsletter around then.
The non-Paypal option will be available very soon I hope. But probably not in-time for end of pre-order period on 27th.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:02 PM   #51
rujasu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Offering a brief period with the discounted price once a non-PayPal method can be implemented is a reasonable compromise IMO. Glad to see it's being worked on -- I'm certainly willing to be patient given that information.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:33 AM   #52
norva13x
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rujasu View Post
Offering a brief period with the discounted price once a non-PayPal method can be implemented is a reasonable compromise IMO. Glad to see it's being worked on -- I'm certainly willing to be patient given that information.
Ditto!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #53
RebelFan
Minors (Single A)

Thanks, Morningstar, for finding and posting this information. This is the update I have been awaiting. This should work out well for me since I wasn't planning on downloading until after the first patch came out.

While I don't want to "wine" about this, I don't understand why Andreas didn't post the update in this thread. After all, Markus started this sticky thread specifically to address the Paypal question and there have been several requests for updates here recently. Yet when the update comes, it's buried in a thread about Windows, Linux and Wine?? Oh well, thanks to Morningstar, I have the current status.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #54
brewdog
Minors (Triple A)

I have a question for management... Why don't you have an option where one can send a money order for the purchase of your products?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:05 PM   #55
morningstar8
Minors (Single A)

Still looking forward to OOTP

I'm pretty jealous of all the people playing OOTP X! I just wanted to let the OOTP staff know that I'm still looking forward to buying once the Paypal issue is resolved.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:49 AM   #56
morningstar8
Minors (Single A)

2Checkout.com?

Markus and Andreas, have you considered 2Checkout.com? Another vendor I use (Sneakemail) uses 2Checkout.com; I've been happy with it as a client.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #57
DenverZeppo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yet again...

So...

Both my online leagues are looking at converting to OOTPX after the current season ends. This means that I have three to four weeks to get OOTPX or lose my spot in both my leagues...

Do we have an answer? Do we have an address where I can send money to in Germany? That seems far more reliable that a PayPal account.

Someone, anyone, from the company? Can we get a response?

Zep
Old 07-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #58
BostonRS14
All Star Starter

If this is not going to happen, can we at least get a real answer rather being being ignored and left on our own.

Starting to get the sense that this obviously isn't important, isn't going to happen, and probably isn't being looked into at all anymore. Just something from the company would be nice after we were told to wait for a solution that hasn't come.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #59
rujasu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

For what it's worth, the issue is acknowledged here. It doesn't look all that promising, IMO, but apparently it is not off the table.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #60
indyumd
Bat Boy

I went through the annoyance of using Paypal, but somehow I did an eCheck instead of a regular payment?

Anyways, its apparently going to take a week to clear, so I'm stuck not being able to play this weekend (why I bought the game when I did) or cancel.
Closed Thread