Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
bbmike
Minors (Double A)

1st Offseason - Need Advice

Okay, I just finished my 2008 season (that I started way back with OOTP 9. My 1st real complete season!). I love this game! The 'immersion factor' is incredible. I feel like I have my own team and I actually seem to care about my little fictional baseball guys.

Anyway, I'm about to start the 2009 season. The date is January 30 (preseason) and I'm wondering what all I should check/do before starting the next season. For example, before I started my 2008 season I had changed the Minor League some but forgot to generate a new schedule. There weren't many Minor League games in my baseball universe in 2008!

So, please help the Pensacola Feds (don't ask ) do better in 2009! What should I check/do before the next season?

Thanks!

Pensacola Feds
Record: 61-92, .399 PCT, 20 GB
bbmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

There really isn't anything you HAVE to do.

If you find things you'd like to do there ain't nothing stopping you. I suspect most people don't do nuthin but a big bunch of nuthin in the off season.

Personally I just check finances to make sure the league has $$$ and I also make sure I have enough minor league teams so people don't spend years as free agents. I like to let everybody play.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:37 AM   #3
phillosopherp
All Star Reserve

I also think about adding new league some off-seasons. If they have started to pile up in the FA market it is definitely time to add a few teams, or maybe even expand the universe to include a new league. Japanese ball is huge and that was my first expansion with this game was, having a Japanese league in my world. (It was right after watching the Zen of Bobby Valentine on ESPN, BTW felt it was necessary after that the baseball gods were talking to me)

I would say that I also every end of year I look at the entire worlds finances just to make sure that the whole league isn't going bankrupt, and that the teams have money to offer traders and the like. I also make sure that things "look" right. Check the modifers to make sure they are not in the multiples (2.000 +) yet there are a couple that that is okay. I also look at the numbers from last year to see if anything looks bad in that area. If it is you can bet that you probably are needing to change the modifers.

Anyway welcome to OOTP it will eat your time! (in a good way of course)
phillosopherp is offline   Reply With Quote