Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
Speiser007
Minors (Single A)

2008 season

ok just bought Version 9 of this game, here are a few basic questions for me to get started.

1.) I want to start my own league using 2008 Rosters that are already on version 9....so how can I make all rosters blank so I can insert my players on my teams? for example I have a team called Albany Arrowheads and I want to put players on that team. Also give them contracts too.

2.) How can I import the photos of the players into the game.

3.) How can I control all teams (manage all teams) using fake manager names, but "me" controling them....example...making lineups and controlling roster moves and transactions for all teams.

all help is appreciated
thanks
Matt
Speiser007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:19 PM   #2
silentrob
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speiser007 View Post
ok just bought Version 9 of this game, here are a few basic questions for me to get started.

1.) I want to start my own league using 2008 Rosters that are already on version 9....so how can I make all rosters blank so I can insert my players on my teams? for example I have a team called Albany Arrowheads and I want to put players on that team. Also give them contracts too.

2.) How can I import the photos of the players into the game.

3.) How can I control all teams (manage all teams) using fake manager names, but "me" controling them....example...making lineups and controlling roster moves and transactions for all teams.
For #1, you can put players anywhere you want by going to the player, hitting the editor tab (I assume you are playing as commissioner, if you need to become the commissioner, do that under the Manager menu and choose options, then check the box) and about halfway down on the left side, there is a menu for "Team Information, Select New Team" and once you make a choice on that menu, the menu right below it becomes available and you can choose what team to put the dude on. If you want to get the players off their original teams (making them blank) just go to Game Setup -> League Setup and at the bottom of the screen, hit the Functions button and choose "Release all players/Clear rosters". That same button has another choice called "Make Fictional Player Contracts" which answers your last question. Or if you want to make up the contract yourself, you can do that on the player by again going to the editor tab, and then contract info is at the bottom of the left hand side.

For #2, open the ootp 9 folder, then data folder, saved games folder, choose the league you want to put them in, then in that folder, go to the news folder, inside that the html folder, and finally, the images folder.

For #3, if I understand what you want, on the Game Menu, choose Add/Edit new manager, that brings up a screen where you can name the manager, pick the team to manage, etc.

Hope this is all clear enough.

Last edited by silentrob; 08-25-2008 at 06:22 PM.
silentrob is offline   Reply With Quote