Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2003, 10:44 PM   #1
deh34
Minors (Double A)

World Baseball League has 3 openings

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/deh34/

We are a close-knit 16 team fictional league in our 3rd season and we find ourselves with 3 openings. The open teams are Birmingham, Tel Aviv and Tokyo. All teams may be relocated at the end of the current season within their conference boundaries (conferences are based on actual geography). Birmingham is in the middle of a tight penant race (last season Birmigham was in a penant race with the same team and lost in the final game of the season, so you can help exact revenge!), but Tel Aviv and Tokyo could use some help and would be good projects. In addition, we will be switching to OOTP5 at the end of this season.

Due to the smaller nature of the league, it is very active and competitive. Strong rivalries develop quickly and players quickly become household names. If you are looking for a league where you aren't just another cog in the wheel, then this is the league for you.

Please take a look at our league at http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/deh34/ and email me at deh34@cornell.edu if you are interested. You may contact me via AIM at DaveKNSnut as well if you are interested.

Everyone is welcome to join, from day-old newbie to grizzled, jaded verteran.

p.s./ The original commish has taken a few month leave of absence from the league, so I am now the interim commish in addition to the owner of the Long Island team. If you had been in contact with the previous commish about one of these openings and have not heard back from him, just let me know.

Last edited by deh34; 03-24-2003 at 10:47 PM.
deh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 09:13 AM   #2
deh34
Minors (Double A)

bumpers are your friends
Old 03-25-2003, 09:20 AM   #3
BillyBuck
Major Leagues

I'll vouch for the WBL since I am a member! If you're looking for a new league and team, please consider us....

PS - Go Mountain Dawgs!
Old 03-25-2003, 01:08 PM   #4
deh34
Minors (Double A)

Tel Aviv is taken!

Tokyo and Birmingham still open! Birmingham is 1.5 games out of first place so you can take the team and be competitive right away! Tokyo needs some help and plays in the league's toughest division right now. A fun challenge!
Old 03-25-2003, 06:52 PM   #5
deh34
Minors (Double A)

bumper pool is fun.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:25 PM   #6
deh34
Minors (Double A)

sorry, i forgot to add this stuff to my original post.

we sim on sundays and wednesdays. we do not use coaches or scouts. we do use financials and a $75 mil salary cap which will be reevaluated when we switch to OOTP5. team files may be exported via ftp. you can design your own team logos as well. another fun aspect of this league is you can rename the players you draft in the amatuer draft. what fun! please check us out!

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/deh34/
Old 03-29-2003, 04:25 PM   #7
Leahcim
Minors (Rookie Ball)

update

Birmingham is taken.
Leahcim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 09:31 PM   #8
Leahcim
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Tokyo still needs an owner. This team came in first last season in an always tuff division but is floundering under computer control.
Leahcim is offline   Reply With Quote