Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 07-29-2006, 11:04 PM   #1
joeswell
Minors (Double A)

"News Settings"

I have been playing OOTP for a week and a half and it's pretty neat to watch the pennant races take shape between all the different teams.

I am playing a league with historical players and fictional teams. Each "owner" has chosen their favorite players of all time - 1870-present) and the best year on which to base their performance. My team's roster features Stan Musial, Ted Williams, Christy Mathewson, as well as John Smoltz and Mike Young.

I like how you can have the computer manager (as configured by each "owner") make roster changes, trades, etc. as the season progresses. The League's and Teams' home pages read like a newspaper during the regular season, announcing big games, players of the week, roster moves. That's really gives the game "color" and adds another layer of realism to the game.

However during the all star game and the play offs, the goes went "dark." There wasn't one news story on play offs or world series games... not even a recap of the season or the championship team. It was even hard to find the links to the results, not to mention box scores and play by plays. How can I configure the game so that the League and Team "news" gives the same amount of detail and "color" as it does during the regular season?
joeswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:34 AM   #2
Sdpm100
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeswell
However during the all star game and the play offs, the goes went "dark." There wasn't one news story on play offs or world series games... not even a recap of the season or the championship team. It was even hard to find the links to the results, not to mention box scores and play by plays. How can I configure the game so that the League and Team "news" gives the same amount of detail and "color" as it does during the regular season?
You can't configure it any better than it is now, because there isn't any news generated for the postseason or ASG to start with.

Obviously nobody thought that the All-Star Game and postseason were important enough events to code news stories for. I don't know why personally, but it is clearly a massive oversight.

Sorry I couldn't give you better news.
Sdpm100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:30 PM   #3
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdpm100
but it is clearly a massive oversight.
agreed
Old 07-30-2006, 02:28 PM   #4
Boozie1580
All Star Starter

Yep. I'm pretty sure you'll get your standard stories if they happen during the postseason (shutouts, 3 HRs, etc), but nothing special about it actually being the postseason. That's one of the few disappointing things in the game for me, because I don't see this being addressed until the next version of the game.

Boozie1580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:06 PM   #5
joeswell
Minors (Double A)

Thanks

Thanks for the information. I thought I didn't have the settings correctly.

I hope they "fix" this because the All Star game and the Playoffs/World Series are an important phase of each game. I enjoy reading the all the other "news" and think that with an online league, it would really add to the game experience.

At least, they should make it easier to find the links to the All Star Game and playoffs. They're "there," you just have to find them.

Has this issue been posted in the "wish" forum?
joeswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #6
Boozie1580
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeswell
Thanks for the information. I thought I didn't have the settings correctly.

I hope they "fix" this because the All Star game and the Playoffs/World Series are an important phase of each game. I enjoy reading the all the other "news" and think that with an online league, it would really add to the game experience.

At least, they should make it easier to find the links to the All Star Game and playoffs. They're "there," you just have to find them.

Has this issue been posted in the "wish" forum?
I totally agree, the ASG and postseason should be emphasized throughout the game much more than they are. I'm sure this has been posted in the other forum already, it seems like this is one of the complaints shared by a ton of the people on this board.

Boozie1580 is offline   Reply With Quote