Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-16-2019, 10:18 PM   #61
old timer
Hall Of Famer

As expected, this one's going down to the wire. The Raccoons are holding on to a slim lead over Tassie, but we've got 3 games up next with them and the way we're playing, I'll be surprised if we can stay on top. Interestingly, the top 3 in our division all have a shot at winning the division and yet 2 of us could potentially not make the playoffs (or we could all 3 make it).

3 of my SPs have QS% of around .500. Only Schilling and Clarkson are having good years. Our RDiff is 3rd best, but it's only +272 (way below normal). Our record is -7 Pyt, but I don't really feel like we've been unlucky. Brutal division, but more interesting at the same time. Hopefully, we can hang in there and at least make the playoffs.
Attached Images
Old 11-16-2019, 11:04 PM   #62
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
As expected, this one's going down to the wire. The Raccoons are holding on to a slim lead over Tassie, but we've got 3 games up next with them and the way we're playing, I'll be surprised if we can stay on top. Interestingly, the top 3 in our division all have a shot at winning the division and yet 2 of us could potentially not make the playoffs (or we could all 3 make it).

3 of my SPs have QS% of around .500. Only Schilling and Clarkson are having good years. Our RDiff is 3rd best, but it's only +272 (way below normal). Our record is -7 Pyt, but I don't really feel like we've been unlucky. Brutal division, but more interesting at the same time. Hopefully, we can hang in there and at least make the playoffs.
You pessimist you You have the division in the bag. The one thing you have done consistently all season is beat my lot, even though the games have generally been close (besides my series sweep at start of season). We'll struggle to make the wildcard now, we have fallen apart at the wrong time.

Last edited by Jackgoboom; 11-16-2019 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Forgot first series
Jackgoboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:20 PM   #63
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Just totally disregard my previous post. I wasn't looking at Denver they could win out and sneak the title at the death. Very interesting.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:03 AM   #64
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, look at the standings now. 3 way tie for 1st and Denver has the easier final opponent. Good luck! We're both going to need some.
Attached Images
Old 11-17-2019, 12:05 AM   #65
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Yeah, look at the standings now. 3 way tie for 1st and Denver has the easier final opponent. Good luck! We're both going to need some.
Yep we need it, but what a great season.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:07 AM   #66
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Look at the wildcard as well. Interesting times
Old 11-17-2019, 12:10 AM   #67
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackgoboom View Post
Look at the wildcard as well. Interesting times

I know, it's pretty cool! This is the only time since I've been in perfect that I've experienced such a tight race with multiple teams involved. If we don't make the playoffs, it will be the only time that's happened in perfect, except for those 2 years in a whale heavy league (15 whales).
Old 11-17-2019, 12:33 AM   #68
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Well that was a great day for you. Two wins and the title is yours.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:54 AM   #69
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackgoboom View Post
Well that was a great day for you. Two wins and the title is yours.

I was really surprised that both of you guys lost and happy that we eked out a win in 12 innings. But I'll still be surprised if we win this. We've been so inconsistent this year (obviously, in no small part due to the tough competition, but still...), so it's hard to feel confident. On the plus side, we have the pitcher of the month and our ace, Schilling pitching today.

Wouldn't it be interesting if we end up in a 3-way tie?
Old 11-17-2019, 01:09 AM   #70
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I was really surprised that both of you guys lost and happy that we eked out a win in 12 innings. But I'll still be surprised if we win this. We've been so inconsistent this year (obviously, in no small part due to the tough competition, but still...), so it's hard to feel confident. On the plus side, we have the pitcher of the month and our ace, Schilling pitching today.

Wouldn't it be interesting if we end up in a 3-way tie?
One to go...My man Pedro, who has been huge for me and without whom I wouldn't have even one title, just has to win. Don't even think about a three way tie You are one win away...It would be justice if all three of us made the playoffs though. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Jackgoboom; 11-17-2019 at 01:10 AM. Reason: well why not
Old 11-17-2019, 01:33 AM   #71
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

I'm speechless...I've got nothing
Old 11-17-2019, 01:34 AM   #72
old timer
Hall Of Famer

We just couldn't hold on. So the season did end in a three way tie. At least we're all 3 going to the playoffs, but I really hope we can avoid the WC game. Good luck against Denver today!
Attached Images
Old 11-17-2019, 01:39 AM   #73
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
We just couldn't hold on. So the season did end in a three way tie. At least we're all 3 going to the playoffs, but I really hope we can avoid the WC game. Good luck against Denver today!
Congrats on a great season Third time I've been in one of these tied playoff things. 0-2 so far, and Halladay who has been rubbish going for me..sigh
Old 11-17-2019, 02:03 AM   #74
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P412: Time to Fill Out Your Brackets

As expected, Huntley slots into the #2 seed in the NC, finishing at 123-39, 8 games behind RealMadrid for the top seed. The Red Raiders will face the Elon BrewBallers in the Division Series; Elon and Huntley shared a league back in 2046 but were in opposite conferences, so this will be the clubs' first playoff matchup. As mentioned earlier in this thread, Huntley won the season series, 5-2, by taking all 4 games at Elon but losing 2 of 3 in Huntley. (More on this trend in a minute.) The Virginia Beach Freaks are heavy favorites in the Wild Card game; they finished 39 games ahead of their opponents, the Long Beach Waves. But, in playoff baseball, especially in a single-elimination game...youneverknow.

In the AC, the Texas Texans emerged from the AC East Division of Doom to claim the #1 AC seed with an impressive 125-37 record. OMGPuppies' OL team, the Aina Haina Parakeets, snagged the #2 seed by virtue of winning the league's closest division by 3 games over the 4-time Perfect League champions Los Angeles Bruins; way to go, OMGPuppies! The Parakeets will face the 90-72 Phoenix Firebirds in the Division Series; let's see which team takes flight! (I'll show myself out.) The AC Wild Card game between the aforementioned Bruins (109-53) and the 7-time Perfect League champs Slumberton Slumlords (107-55) is quite possibly the most highly decorated single-elimination game I've ever seen and is a true tossup.

Huntley's season-long trend of playing better on the road culminated in a 59-22 home record and 64-17 record on the road. It will be interesting to see whether the playoffs trend the same way; if so, it might be a short Sunday for the Red Raiders. Rube Marquard ended up leading P412 with a 2.08 ERA and 214 ERA+; the southpaw also finished third in WHIP (0.98), fifth in FIP (2.77), sixth in WAR (7.5) and third in rWAR (9.3). Luke Appling led the NC in batting average (.340) and the entire league in OBP (.426), finishing fifth in P412 in WAR (6.4).

Final standings and playoff bracket follow...
Attached Images
Image Image 

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:05 AM   #75
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Congratulations on your win over Denver!!

So now it's your Brown vs Sutton... Maybe. I'm not sure who'll I use yet. Sutton has been my most unreliable SP this year.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:06 AM   #76
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

16 Innings...We are beat up, miracle needed against Evergreen
Old 11-17-2019, 02:12 AM   #77
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Congratulations on your win over Denver!!

So now it's your Brown vs Sutton... Maybe. I'm not sure who'll I use yet. Sutton has been my most unreliable SP this year.
My Mordecai is renowned post season choker...I will try to convince him that technically we are still playing regular season. The lack of depth to my rotation is hard to hide in these situations
Old 11-17-2019, 02:36 AM   #78
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Well, the season is finally over and I'm surprised we finished on top. Sorry you have to play a WC game, but I like your chances with Walsh pitching for you. So go and beat Denver again so we can meet up again later!
Old 11-17-2019, 02:41 AM   #79
old timer
Hall Of Famer

One interesting thing I noticed. The Raccoons won the season series vs Tassie, while Tassie won the season series vs Denver, while Denver won their series vs the Raccoons. So, how did the game determine that we should be the team that gets to play the winner of the 1st game? Denver won the most intra-divisional games so I thought they would get to be the team that got to play the winner of the 1st game.

I forgot this one: Winning percentage among all tied teams

Again, that should have been Denver.

Last edited by old timer; 11-17-2019 at 02:44 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:44 AM   #80
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Well, the season is finally over and I'm surprised we finished on top. Sorry you have to play a WC game, but I like your chances with Walsh pitching for you. So go and beat Denver again so we can meet up again later!
Congrats . I didn't convince my Cubbie friend and probably psyched him out instead