Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:11 AM   #1
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Season 28 (2046) Discussion Thread

For the 1st time in PT 20, I was gone for the whole day and couldn't follow the playoffs. Turns out, I didn't miss much. The Soniqs swept us in 3 and 2 of the games were blowouts.

Babe Ruth got the MVP last season with 58 HR and a 172 OPS+. Clarkson got the ERA crown (quite the shock there) and we had various other lesser awards. It was a great season... Well, until the playoffs.

This year I checked and we have the best career record in the league and the most perfect titles and total titles so it's looking like a much weaker league. Of course, some of those teams may have improved of late so I won't know until I check more later.

Well, good luck to everyone in the upcoming season!
Old 09-30-2019, 08:32 AM   #2
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Last season the Bombers completed the 20th PL season, after winning 4 PL in my first 10 years, the team has followed up with 8 PL tittles in the last 10 years.... and while last season was by far the easiest one (there was just one team with legit chances of beating us and they were stunned in the DS), this season however looks like it will be the hardest and I welcome it with open arms!

Get a load of this....

There are a total of 56 PL Titles in p417

42 in the AC (11 in AC East, 20 in AC Central and 11 in AC West)
14 NL (9 in NC East, 2 NC Central and 3 in NC West)

My Bombers are of course on AC Central....

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:33 AM   #3
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

In P.422 this season. Last season was in a boring 20-team league. This season the Dolphins find themselves in a 22-team league. We're in the NC, with 9 other teams, including a couple with PL trophies. The AC has 12 teams, and some hardware over there too. I find these stub leagues to be really boring, so I guess I'll just have to hope that Huntley and Singapore "randomly" end up together again.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by brrrdt1; 09-30-2019 at 09:11 AM.
brrrdt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:07 AM   #4
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes are in P433, coming off their best season at this level but funds were tight and the only additions made were the completion of the Lefty Gomez collection, he'll start and move Hippo to the pen, and (92) Appier coming in at the 5th spot pushing Bob Friend to the pen. We have the 12 time Everett Aqua Sox in our division (RIP), 2 time winners the Fresno Losers are the only other former winners in our conference

Bad News Bulldogs have virtually no PP to upgrade so hopefully we won't get beaten up too badly

Neuman Furshlugginers still have a celebration hangover, but are hoping Gregg Jefferies can get his 5th straight MVP, it'll be tough as they were in Silver and Gold and we are now in Diamond. Defensively we were great last season and hopefully that persists. Earl Averill comes in to play left field with Pete Hill moving over to RF and Dihigo to CF

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:19 AM   #5
sharknut
All Star Reserve

My Gold Broncos finally won it and the Chiles climbed back into Perfect by losing in the finals.

Onwards.

Last edited by sharknut; 09-30-2019 at 09:20 AM.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:50 AM   #6
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrrdt1 View Post
In P.422 this season. Last season was in a boring 20-team league. This season the Dolphins find themselves in a 22-team league. We're in the NC, with 9 other teams, including a couple with PL trophies. The AC has 12 teams, and some hardware over there too. I find these stub leagues to be really boring, so I guess I'll just have to hope that Huntley and Singapore "randomly" end up together again.

Good luck everyone!
I am in the same league. Is it 4 teams from each conference in the playoffs?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:53 AM   #7
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I am in the same league. Is it 4 teams from each conference in the playoffs?
Hey there! I knew I recognized a name or two from the forums.

I know in the 20-team leagues it is definitely 4 teams per conference. Not sure how the 22-team leagues work, but I have to assume it'll be the same.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:06 AM   #8
camonroe
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Hey there! I knew I recognized a name or two from the forums.

I know in the 20-team leagues it is definitely 4 teams per conference. Not sure how the 22-team leagues work, but I have to assume it'll be the same.

I have 2 teams in this league (Alabama and Virginia). At least they are in different conferences.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:18 AM   #9
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Topeka Defenders: Fresh off a 76-86 season, the Defenders look to continue their rebuild. Some minor adjustment to park factors have been made, and a couple new faces have been added to the rotation: SE Charles Bender and 95 Francisco Liriano. I've also added to some of the bullpen adjustments from last season. Eddie Plank, fresh off Reliever Of The Year award, goes in as a closer this year. 100 Johan Santana moves from the rotation to be my stopper. He's probably my best pitcher so I want him pitching when the game is on the line! Rick Rueschel and 89 Maddux are no longer with the team.

It'll be interesting to see how the rotation and bullpen adjustments impact the team. This is also the first season back in perfect in a non-OL group as I continue my philosophy changes for the team.

Missouri Legends: The late additions, 96 Grienke, 96 Saberhagen, 99 Wade Davis and 91 LoCain weren't enough to help in the playoff push. We made the wildcard but lost. 96 Grienke looks to continue on his form from last season. He had a sub 2 ERA through 115 IP. Wade Davis also hopes to build on his last season. He converted 25 of 25 saves working 33 IP and allowing just 2 runs, which were both allowed in game in a non-save situation.

Kansas Rangers: Only main addition is 86 Tom Glavine coming into the rotation. Otherwise, RNG wasn't kind to us through the packs. Hoping that changes. They look to build on last year after suffering a loss in the wild card.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:22 AM   #10
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camonroe View Post
I have 2 teams in this league (Alabama and Virginia). At least they are in different conferences.
Nice! I noticed that Virginia has an absolutely killer winning percentage, but only the one PL championship. Bad playoff luck?

Old 09-30-2019, 10:38 AM   #11
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The Colonels have an easier draw this week, at least on the surface. There are 6 PL titles in the league and we have four of them. One of the other two belongs to a fairly new team with an amazing winning pct. so there will be some competition from them, and they reside in my conference. They have a jacked-up ballpark and a lefty-centric team, which are two strategies that don't fit my team well.

I won the first game today and was surprised to see a gold 3000pp achievement awarded. It was a nice win but... oh yeah, my 3000th career win!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:42 AM   #12
Magus978
All Star Starter

My three perfect league teams ended up together (by design for this week only, as I want to see which one I've done the best on), all in P407. Strangely, out of all of them the best hope for playoffs might be the weakest one, the pack-only Metuchen Mariners. Abysmal pitching, but an offense that can easily keep up at this level.

Blitzkrieg will be looking for their second straight perfect playoff appearance, having been swept by the Edmonton SnowPlows last week in the divisional round. Only change made is 85 Mookie Betts in and 74 Ichiro out.

Brooklyn are back in perfect after claiming a diamond championship, and they've made no changes. They're in the same spot as Metuchen. Awful pitching (unless your name is Lee Smith), but they make up for it with a strong offense.

Think I'll actually learn something this week other than "lol Magus can win everywhere else, but not perfect"

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 09-30-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:58 AM   #13
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Back in Diamond, hopefully I won't get relegated right away again

I guess there's a good chance to stay in Diamond though because I've already seen a tanker that has a team full of irons.

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:28 AM   #14
camonroe
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Nice! I noticed that Virginia has an absolutely killer winning percentage, but only the one PL championship. Bad playoff luck?

The winning percentage is somewhat misleading, because it took me 4 years to get out of bronze league while winning an average of 130 game a season

Regarding perfect, while still winning a lot of games I'm one of those teams that are good enough to make the playoffs, but a bit below all the super teams.

Good luck for the season, as I see that you also must have had bad playoffs luck .

Last edited by camonroe; 09-30-2019 at 11:30 AM.
camonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:21 PM   #15
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I got a lot of tough teams in my league this week. I think I should be able to fight for a WC spot, but might not be easy.

Decided to sell my perfect Bench that I had bought cheaply a few weeks ago. The 65k+ card value wasn't worth it just as the weak side of a catcher platoon. So combined with a few special edition sales, I now have a bunch of points to play with. Will probably try to finish off another collection group for a top reward card, and maybe open some packs. My flaw at the moment is that the holes on my roster need some pretty expensive upgrades to really improve on - I hate spending 50k+ for a somewhat marginal upgrade on who I have.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:16 PM   #16
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
My Gold Broncos finally won it and the Chiles climbed back into Perfect by losing in the finals.

Onwards.
Looks like your Chiles are in the same league as my Huntley Red Raiders. Good luck to you!

Also, completely random question, but do you happen to know if the Singapore Sluggers are in this league as well? Asking for a friend. Thanks!

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:41 PM   #17
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Fresh outside of OL and into the wild, the Cowboys have started the season 7-0 in Perfect .447. And yet we're still half a game back to the 8-0 Cardinals, a fairly standard whale team. The Collingwood Magpies are in the other conference, and they should be the favourites to win the league.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:12 PM   #18
dbqs
Major Leagues

I have a team that's been going pretty much pack-only and made it up to Silver this week. I've now gone through about 80 packs with these guys, standard sort of fare for the most part except I have STILL YET to pull a diamond card.

I have, however, pulled a live Trout. Go figure. He's putting the team on his back.

dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:47 PM   #19
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbqs View Post
I have a team that's been going pretty much pack-only and made it up to Silver this week. I've now gone through about 80 packs with these guys, standard sort of fare for the most part except I have STILL YET to pull a diamond card.

I have, however, pulled a live Trout. Go figure. He's putting the team on his back.
My Terriers team has been pack only since the beginning and has finally made it to perfect. Here's my pack breakdown for them:

Packs opened- 422
Perfects- 2 (deGrom and Sale)
Diamonds- 15
Golds- 43
Silvers- 113
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:26 PM   #20
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Here are my teams. Few changes recently. I keep switching bullpen pieces to no great effect at all.
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote